: Puttin Revtek Spacers on tonight!!

The Dude
05-01-2006, 06:56 PM
To level out my truck since my 881s failed to do so then sagged some more. Hopefully it will only be temporary until I can get some 882s. I wish I could go coilovers but that huge thread on them sucks balls in winter and salty roads has deterred me and being in Wyoming they would get owned. So wish me luck, I have a really nice write up to follow and my friend is helping me so it wont be too bad...I hope. Will post pics later.

wslytoy
05-01-2006, 07:14 PM
To level out my truck since my 881s failed to do so then sagged some more. Hopefully it will only be temporary until I can get some 882s. I wish I could go coilovers but that huge thread on them sucks balls in winter and salty roads has deterred me and being in Wyoming they would get owned. So wish me luck, I have a really nice write up to follow and my friend is helping me so it wont be too bad...I hope. Will post pics later.

It's not too bad at all. I'm assuming you're compressing the springs yourself? If so, be extra careful, those things have some hellacious force just waitin' to be unleashed on someones skull! Just remember the factory jack between the upper a-arm trick and you'll be golden!

The Dude
05-01-2006, 11:17 PM
did the jack trick and everything went pretty smoothly, getting an alignment tomorrow. the lights are definately aimed squarely at stupid ricer cars rear view mirrors now tho. :kewl: :kewl:

HeedJSU
05-02-2006, 12:08 AM
lol. run the ricers off the road.......

Justin

babbs
05-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Some would consider your tacoma a ricer.....you know those guys from Wyoming with the F350's and such.....just a thought, being a ricer truck owner myself in Texas.

99FlowedTaco
05-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Some would consider your tacoma a ricer.....you know those guys from Wyoming with the F350's and such.....just a thought, being a ricer truck owner myself in Texas.

babbs where u been hiding ? getcha ass to postin on the texas board :D you missed a fun day at spring creek this past saturday

:cool:

taco29
05-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Just remember the factory jack between the upper a-arm trick and you'll be golden!

what is this trick??
ive had my revtek installed for a couple years now
but i am puttin the same lift on a buddies taco.
i just used a long pry bar...

Paul
05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
what is this trick??
ive had my revtek installed for a couple years now
but i am puttin the same lift on a buddies taco.
i just used a long pry bar...
http://www.bajataco.com/saw-bottlejack.jpg

wslytoy
05-02-2006, 04:35 PM
that's the one! That trick is UBBER helpful. You might have to bang on the inner fender to make it go back out if you have to push it down too far. It can force the inner fender to kinda "curl"(for lack of a better term) inward. Nothing a BFH won't fix ;).

tacoma350
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
How long does it take to install a spacer lift?

elliot_irwin
05-02-2006, 07:45 PM
bout 1 hour

Boheefus
05-02-2006, 07:46 PM
http://www.bajataco.com/saw-bottlejack.jpg
I used a set of big vise grips on the upper arm and my breaker bar, mounted the top, pulled down on the bar with my leg, and popped that fukker in....used it on the revs and on the coilovers, saves all that crankin on the jack