: deck plate mod?

Portman
01-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Have been researching the deck plate mod and was wondering if it is worth it to install? How noisy, work well with K&N drop in filter? Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Jamier2
01-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I've bought the deckplate, but haven't installed it yet. I got mine because most people's posts that I saw claimed an increase in gas mileage. As for power, I think the truck has enough for now, but we'll see when the deckplate goes in this weekend.

No matter what brand filter you use it with, it should help the intake breathe easier, but many people here don't like the K&N filter. Do a search if you aren't sure whether or not you're gonna use the K&N. If you already know you'll use it, then I guess you don't need to do any searching.

HeloDude
01-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I just did the mod the other day and it took no time at all. It really didn't make my truck run any louder. It feels a little peppier but as far as gas mile increase I still have gone through a tank of gas so I can no tell you.

YoTRacer158
01-26-2005, 07:52 PM
gadget dyno'd before and after and saw a 6hp increase over stock. i've heard mixed opinions on gas mileage, some saw an increase and others saw a decrease. it'll have a louder intake noise as well

rojodiablo
01-26-2005, 08:54 PM
If you use the deckpate, instead of just cutting a 4" hole in the airbox, you get 2 options. Leave the cover on, or take it off. If the cover is on, you have the stock setup. So, for $8... no harm, no foul. It is one of the easiest, cheapest mods you can do. And, it is the best add on when considering price to performance. So try it. If you don't like it, screw in the cover, and forget about it. Nice!!

Plasstik
01-27-2005, 06:20 PM
What is a deck plate and does anyone have a pic of one

gtrguy13
01-27-2005, 07:32 PM
I wouldnt recommend the K&N. i had a drop in in my truck with the deckplate. Let in too much dirt past the filter in my opinion. I didnt really notice a gain in power or milage either so i dont think its worth the risk that brings with the extra dirt. I have heard better things about Amasoil though. Just my $.02.

WATRD
01-27-2005, 08:00 PM
What is a deck plate and does anyone have a pic of one
http://www.wattora.com/mods/deckplate

Icepuck72
01-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Have been researching the deck plate mod and was wondering if it is worth it to install? How noisy, work well with K&N drop in filter? Let me know what you think. Thanks.

It works so well that I took my complete air box off of my engine.

Peanut Butter
01-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Just did the mod this weekend, and so far I like it. Call me crazy, but I like a little noise under the hood. It sounds a little beefier, and only makes noise over 2500 rpm. I'm not there all that much, so it doesn't bug me. Like the rest, still on my first tank of gas, and don't know about increase in mpg. We'll see. Total set up cost me about $20, and an hour on Saturday afternoon. I am also running a K&N, which seems to do it's job out here in dry and dusty Vegas.