: TSL Radial

sr54x4
01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Hello,

Looking for ANY feedback on Super Swamper TSL Radials.
Tarmac and trails?

Specifically the 33x10.50x15 or 33x12.50x15.

Any info is appreciated

Thanks,
John

SilverTaco
01-28-2005, 06:29 PM
My friend had some 33 12.50's on his Ranger. He got 25000 miles out of them. Would of gotten more but he knocked his tires out of alignment at around 20k and it wore the inside to the point of ruining them. There also loud. I want a set though. Awsome offroad.

backyard_motorsports
01-28-2005, 06:29 PM
well i would have to say: all super swampers dont get great mileage. they run a little bigger than stated on the sidewalls. rough riding, hard to keep balanced.. or just simply dont last long......... unless you run them off road99% of the time.. on a stock taco on lift you can only fit 31x10.50x15

SilverTaco
01-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Not that they dont have those characteristics, but most people treat them like a regualr old tire. There is alot of maintenance to keep them riding good and balanced. PSI, rotation when needed(3k) and a good alignment. I would go for it. There alot of people that are gonna disagree though. If you really want them go for it. They arent too bad. Thats just my opinion though. I just think they are the baddest tire around. Definatley get looks.

Live4yotas
01-29-2005, 11:30 AM
they are great tires I have had mine for about 3 yrs now I'd guess I have 45k on them I do a good bit of driving. They are reasonably light tires. Great smooth ride but the are loud exspecially when stopping but its cool it makes heads turn and look at your truck. A friend of mine runs the 32x10.50x15's on stock rims no lift and doesnt hit all. If you want a good all around tire I would get them.
later
keith

Live4yotas
01-29-2005, 11:33 AM
SilverTaco is right you have to keep your frontend alignment in check and rotation around every oil change would be good. I don't ever have mine rebalanced but I do try to rotate them every so often. Frontend alignment is the key. Its the difference from getting 5k out of a set of tires or 50k.

Live4yotas
01-29-2005, 11:35 AM
hes wrong 32x10.50x15 will work on stock rims and not hit. But it doesnt look the best. I just looks like the tires are to big for the truck.

Live4yotas
01-29-2005, 11:37 AM
To answer your question they are great pulling tires offroad one of the best and are decent on the road mine ride smooth and have got great mileage for a mud tire.

cartman308
01-29-2005, 03:05 PM
well i would have to say: all super swampers dont get great mileage. they run a little bigger than stated on the sidewalls. rough riding, hard to keep balanced.. or just simply dont last long......... unless you run them off road99% of the time.. on a stock taco on lift you can only fit 31x10.50x15

do you have personal experiance with Swampers? If so what model? Seems like people that have ran SSRs and RadialTSLs have gotten VERY good mileage out of such an aggressive tire IF the keep up with air pressure, balance, alignment, and rotation. These aint the garden variety all terrain tire and maintance is a MUST! I'm going with SSRs when i get the funds. This is my daily driver. I'll keep everyone posted as to wear when i finally get them.

Dyingyak
01-29-2005, 03:40 PM
hes wrong 32x10.50x15 will work on stock rims and not hit. But it doesnt look the best. I just looks like the tires are to big for the truck.

It's a hit and miss sort of thing, for some people larger tires fit stock and for some they don't.

04RedLobster
01-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I woudln't run those tires with daily driving....waste of my money IMO....if you are gonna be on the road more than 50%

just buy a set and run'em on trails whenever you go....

that's what i would do...but that's just me...

sr54x4
01-29-2005, 06:57 PM
I think I am going to give the TSLs a shot. I would think that on such a light truck they should hold up better than on F250s. That seems to be the tire of choice for the street queen lifted superdutys (at least in St. Louis). Has anyone have info or opinion on the specific size 33x10.50x15?

My thought is a 2.5" spacer lift plus a 3" body lift MIGHT have issues when flexed when running a 33x12.50. The 33x10.50 might actually look a little better on a reg cab too, especially if swampers run big as everyone seems to agree on.

Any thoughts?

John

cartman308
01-30-2005, 04:16 AM
I woudln't run those tires with daily driving....waste of my money IMO....if you are gonna be on the road more than 50%

just buy a set and run'em on trails whenever you go....

that's what i would do...but that's just me...

i'm not trying to put you on the spot or single you out. So please don't take this the wrong way. Do you have personal experiance with Super Swampers? If so which one? All swamper are not created equal. TSL radials and to a higher extent the SSRs are designed to be very road freindly and still perform with the big boys offroad when called on.

again i'm not attacking you, just trying to figure out were the Swamper = bad on road sentamint comes from. I mean, yeah the Boggers are gonna be loud as hell, wear really fast, and gerneally suck on road but that's the bogger........I tell guys i work with i'm gonna get a set of SuperSwampers for my truck and they tell me what junk they are before i even tell them which ones.............

Live4yotas
01-30-2005, 06:43 AM
Cartman is right I have got great mileage out of mine. But I run a constant 35psi in mine. I check them everytime I get ready to go on the interstate. Yes the Boggers aren't roaad friendly tires. A friend of mine got 7K out of the front two tires on his 33x12.50x15 or either they were 14.00" wide boggers dont remember but anyway he never rotated them and all the weight on a Jeep is the front the motor so I have the rear two here at the house that have half the tread left. Boggers have a bad name but are really good tires for a offroad vehicle. If you research them and get the type that is right for your driving you will get the mileage you want and like the ride. My cousin got close to 60K on his 33x12.50 thornbirds. I dont care for thornbirds but if maintained they will get the mileage and so will other types of super swampers.
later
keith

Live4yotas
01-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Yeah DyingYak I dont like to come right out and say someone is wrong but when I know it will work I have to say it. I don't know how it works b/c my taco when it was stock used to hit on humps and bumps offroad with 31x10.50x15 of 15x8 wheels but I think it was b/c my rims had like 3 5/8 backspacing. I rode offroad with him and his didn't not even once. But He did remove his front mud flaps. I wasn't so lucky tires tore on of mine off so then just had to take the other one of.

ptrautne
01-30-2005, 08:46 AM
i'm not trying to put you on the spot or single you out. So please don't take this the wrong way. Do you have personal experiance with Super Swampers? If so which one? All swamper are not created equal. TSL radials and to a higher extent the SSRs are designed to be very road freindly and still perform with the big boys offroad when called on.

again i'm not attacking you, just trying to figure out were the Swamper = bad on road sentamint comes from. I mean, yeah the Boggers are gonna be loud as hell, wear really fast, and gerneally suck on road but that's the bogger........I tell guys i work with i'm gonna get a set of SuperSwampers for my truck and they tell me what junk they are before i even tell them which ones.............

Well I do not have radial TSL's but I have the Bias TSL's and I would not use them on a DD. I have 36X12.5X15 bias TSL's and over 3 pounds of weight on each tire and they still are not balanced

cartman308
01-30-2005, 11:23 AM
"Well I do not have radial TSL's but I have the Bias TSL's and I would not use them on a DD. I have 36X12.5X15 bias TSL's and over 3 pounds of weight on each tire and they still are not balanced"

I understand that. I don't think i'd run Biasply anything on my Daily Driver on these crappy WV roads.

SilverTaco
01-30-2005, 03:09 PM
My friend Ranger road fine other than the slight(okay maybe not slight)hum from the tires but i think thats cool sound to me. The Bias ply tires SUCK on road. I knew someone who was in the big tire thing and the bias ply would just wobble and bounce like no tommorow. Also the bigger the tire the harder it is going to be to balance and get a good ride. 35in radial and under really dont have the problems unless you get a bad tire. IMHO

tacoted
01-31-2005, 12:06 PM
I have personal experience with the SSRs. I have them on my other truck (F250) and they are great. They handle as smoothly as my stock bridgestones on the Taco, and are only a little louder. On an old truck, the wind noise at 60 is louder than the tire noise. You can hear them a little at slower speeds, but it is no where near what a bias swamper sounds like. As far as mileage, I would think that with proper maintenance and rotation, they would last as high as 40-45K on something light, like a Tacoma. A friend of mine has them on a bronco, and has about 25K on them, and they are about 1/2 tread. They are expensive, but REALLY worth it.

cartman308
02-01-2005, 04:08 AM
I have personal experience with the SSRs. I have them on my other truck (F250) and they are great. They handle as smoothly as my stock bridgestones on the Taco, and are only a little louder. On an old truck, the wind noise at 60 is louder than the tire noise. You can hear them a little at slower speeds, but it is no where near what a bias swamper sounds like. As far as mileage, I would think that with proper maintenance and rotation, they would last as high as 40-45K on something light, like a Tacoma. A friend of mine has them on a bronco, and has about 25K on them, and they are about 1/2 tread. They are expensive, but REALLY worth it.

i'm sold on the SSRs!!! everyone that has personal experiance with them says they absolutly rock. as long as they are maintained and not abused. I'm saving my pennies for a set of 15x8 MT classicsIIs and 31x10.50 SSRs! the dub cab should be bichin then!