: inchworm locker kit alternative

shawshank
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
i dont know how much demand there is, but id like to let everyone know about a better alternative to inchworm diff-lock harnesses. as far as i know those are just a spring loaded switch that you hold until it locks, then release, and do the same to unlock it. A friend of mine can wire up harnesses that include 3 relays that automatically shut off after the locker engages, therefore lessening the chance of burning up wiring/motor. unlike the inchworm kit, this will come fully wired and all you'd have to do it run it and hook up power and ground. inchworm comes as a kit that you have to assemble and costs $75 for the lock switch kit and another $36 for the locker harness to plug it into the motor...

my friend will have some spare time on his hands soon as he has to have knee surgery so, i'm checking to see if anyone would be interested, spread the word if you know anyone that might be interested.

oh yeah, price will be $150, just seeing if anyone cares :D

pimptoy
07-07-2006, 08:07 AM
keep me posted on this set up, my stock set up gave out over a year ago and i'm having the crawl under my rig to lock it......f@@@ing sucks!!!!

shawshank
07-08-2006, 08:03 PM
if you are serious about wanting to buy one, we can wire you one up next week, you won't be needing the switch or the harness that plug into the locker will you?

pimptoy
07-08-2006, 11:52 PM
i am, now for the wiring harness deos it use the old harness or what cause i have no idea what is going on with my trd system

shawshank
07-09-2006, 04:31 PM
if you have it and it works then we can wire it to use the existing harness, or we can wire it to plug straight into the motor. you just gotta let me know what you have and what you need.

pimptoy
07-09-2006, 10:54 PM
like i said i've got a trd truck so all everything is installed but i have no idea what works and what doesn't (too lazy)

shawshank
07-10-2006, 05:27 PM
if you think that it might be your harness, we can wire it up to bypass it, therefore making all the wiring new. i have the connector that plugs into the stock harness, so we could also wire it to that, so that it plugs into the stock harness, but if that's what is messed up then it still wouldn't work. either way works i guess.

pimptoy
07-10-2006, 05:45 PM
ok that was confussing as fuck...lol...alright break down the prices for what piece of the set up do you sell

shawshank
07-10-2006, 06:02 PM
sorry... haha. the easiest way would be if you give us your factory switch and the locker side factory harness (the one thats short and plugs directly into the motor) and then we can wire everything and sauder directly to the switch and the harness, then all you would have to do is run the wires and hook up the power and ground. this setup we can do for $100, and it should definitley keep you from having to crawl under the truck anymore (at least to lock your diff :kewl: ) hopefully that made sense, because i refuse to re-read that for clarity :D