: Anyone heard of cornfed suspension?

HazardTaNature
07-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Was wondering if anyone had heard of cornfed suspension? I was looking at their 2" suspension lift kit. I like it because it has 2" spacers for the front and 1.25" block spacers for the back. You guys think i can fit a 32-11.5-16 or a 285 under it? I don't want this kit to [censered] up my truck though!! Any advice?

Truck:
2004 Tacoma
2.7L 4CyC
Prerunner Sr5

AK98Taco
07-11-2006, 10:58 PM
I've had a 3" Cornfed setup on my truck for three years. No problems. Made almost enough room for 33x12.5s :o

Cornfed was three years ago what Toytec is today, if that makes sense.

01yota
07-11-2006, 11:04 PM
i've had the cornfed 3" on for about a year and had no problems, i like it

GaTaco
07-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I used to have that exact kit with rancho RS5000s on my truck until a year ago and it's on my dad's truck now. The spacers worked great but the blocks made my axle wrap worse. If you dont plan on abusing your truck offroad, it will be fine. My dad has the 2.7 and never goes offroad so it works for him. If you want to use your truck offroad, you should get an add a leaf or a shackle in place of the blocks.

alabamatacomaguy
07-11-2006, 11:10 PM
his been on the boards and a good rated seller since i joined the boards about 4 to 6 years ago, (i have a bad memory), havent heard to much about him lately but hes stuff seems to be good

HazardTaNature
07-12-2006, 12:38 PM
You guys think i can fit a 15" wheel on? I am looking at the crager black 8 with 32's and a 2" lift putting a 15 on would make the tires a bit less expensive? Any advice?

ATLRoach
07-12-2006, 01:47 PM
cragers don't fit..You will need a spacer to clear the caliper.

HazardTaNature
07-12-2006, 03:54 PM
16's will fit though right? If not, what type with the same color or style will fit?

sloppytaco
07-12-2006, 04:36 PM
This is where most of us have gotten our steel wheels.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

hambone303
07-14-2006, 07:42 AM
I looked into the Cornfed spacers and after many searches and hours of reading on the national board, decided against it. I think someone else said that if you were mostly a ON road driver you would be fine, I have read about many others that have wheeled their trucks with the corn fed spacers, and had no problems while others have had lots of problems....Their coilovers while pricey are liked alot by most...Who knows????
I decided on the TOYTEC 3" with AAL because I read nothing but good things about them. I installed it myself in about 3-4 hours with basic tools, other than having a shop compress the coilovers. I was really pleased with the customer service at TOYTEC and so far really pleased with the lift. I went with the 882 spring setup, because I plan on getting a front bumper soon. The ride was definately different, but not bad..I replaced the shocks with Billys and it made a big difference, I have wheeled it pretty hard here, near my house, and been to Tellico in it now, three times, with no problems at all. There is not much down travel in the suspension but, Toyotas don't have alot of that stock. I also have wheelers wheels and read hours on that as well, before deciding to go with them, I only wished I had went with 10's instead of the 8's, but only because I plan on lifting more (possible SAS) and running 35's in the future.

silvertoy
07-16-2006, 08:16 PM
I bought the Cornfed 3" lift spacers about 3 yrs ago and have not had any problems. I also ordered the diff drop from him as well. I don't think you will have any problems. The frontend may be a little stiffer though.

Was wondering if anyone had heard of cornfed suspension? I was looking at their 2" suspension lift kit. I like it because it has 2" spacers for the front and 1.25" block spacers for the back. You guys think i can fit a 32-11.5-16 or a 285 under it? I don't want this kit to [censered] up my truck though!! Any advice?

Truck:
2004 Tacoma
2.7L 4CyC
Prerunner Sr5