: front springs?

yodaworxs
07-13-2006, 09:41 AM
starting to source the parts for my sas i was wondering any good suggestions
for the front leafs i've read different threads but haven't really decided on what i should use. got a 04 double cab v6.

Captkirkyota
07-13-2006, 07:58 PM
for the front leafs i've read different threads but haven't really decided on what i should use. got a 04 double cab v6.
I VERY much enjoy the cushy ride of my Alcans on my 01 D-cab. The only thing I'd change is I'd see if I could get the driver side made for 4.5 inches of lift and the pass side for 3.5 inches. Both due to settling and driver lean. Here are the specs on what I've got. I am told the Marlin Springs are nice too.

The front leafs are from Alcan Springs made to Tacoma weight but made the same as
85 Toyota Front stock length
3.0" lift
7 Leaf pack
7)- 7mm thick leafs
2.0" Center pin Offset toward the front

The rears are also Alcan and spec as follows
00 Tacoma Rear stock length
5.0" Lift
3)- 7mm Thick Leafs (8leaf pack)
1-1/2" extended on the tail

yogiaz
07-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I would not use the All Pro springs... they sagged quite a bit, and after on trip on the rubicon they are severly tweaked and out of shape. I dont know if its due to cheap springs, or if the truck is too heavy. Either or they do not work... ask anybody who saw the springs on the con... they are worthless at this point. Although according to All Pro's website... the double cab is within the weight range of the springs.

Yogi

Timbuddha
07-18-2006, 09:00 PM
I have Marlin springs, who uses the same spring maker as All-Pro and they work great!! Granted, I've got an extra cab too. I have been wheeling them for about 2 years now and have never looked back.

Tim

RaideRNatioN
07-20-2006, 08:28 AM
Presently using Marlins which are ok but my super flexy alcans are on the way :) Im going to be going with an exo and winch and the marlins wont like the extra weight...

Wgasa84
07-20-2006, 10:04 AM
WTF.. you said you were not going with Alcans? Did someone smack you?

WickedTaco
07-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Rancho 44044's for added weight of d cab and if applicable heavy duty bumper and winch
If you have the money go with Deavers they are one hell of a spring. Can be custom made to your needs
I have also heard good things about alcans and marlins. I have also seen them perform well on the trails..
Good luck with your rig

RaideRNatioN
07-21-2006, 01:19 AM
WTF.. you said you were not going with Alcans? Did someone smack you?
Well, the Marlins are holding up well right now but I know that the shackle is going to lay down a bit more after the exo and winch. On top of that the Alcans arent much more than the 44044's so thats what I decided to do. So now we have an extra set of marlin 4" for spares and what not. The alcans should be here right before big bear....if not though, it looks as if the marlins will do fine.

red90runner
07-22-2006, 06:22 PM
how much are the alcans compared to the 44044's? just curious

RaideRNatioN
07-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Well, I cant quote Alcan because everything they do is custom. But if you give them a call Im sure they would be more than willing to give you a ballpark figure.

Timbuddha
07-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Well, the Marlins are holding up well right now but I know that the shackle is going to lay down a bit more after the exo and winch. On top of that the Alcans arent much more than the 44044's so thats what I decided to do. So now we have an extra set of marlin 4" for spares and what not. The alcans should be here right before big bear....if not though, it looks as if the marlins will do fine.

Learn to drive and then you won't need an exo. :D

tim

RaideRNatioN
07-24-2006, 03:19 PM

tim
Oh, I know how to drive alright.....I just want the exo so I can get into some really hairy places and not have to worry about caving in my cab etc etc. And its nice to know that I can flop the truck and not mess it up :D

Wgasa84
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM

tim

The exo is nice because I don't want to mess with an inside cadge! So piss off you! LOL

You can keep your fancy inside cadge! :neener:

You coming to Big Bear Tim?

Timbuddha
07-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Ahhh, I can feel the love. :) I'm still working on Big Bear. I will probably be up there, but I can't commit just yet.

Tim

P.S. Exos hurt gas milage. :)

Wgasa84
07-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Ahhh, I can feel the love. :) I'm still working on Big Bear. I will probably be up there, but I can't commit just yet.

Tim

P.S. Exos hurt gas milage. :)

37's hurt gas mileage! You're loved.. just yet to bee seen how.

Commitment... bah. Just do it!

Timbuddha
07-25-2006, 09:35 AM
You've got that right. I need to re-gear or supercharge!! :P

Tim

Wgasa84
07-26-2006, 01:45 AM
You've got that right. I need to re-gear or supercharge!! :P

Tim

WHEEE! I already re-geared and I'm TURRRRRRRRBO charged! So... ha!

YOU BETTER MAKE IT TO BIG BEAR!

OH YEA..

back to topic...
front springs.. um I like my All Pro's but I don't know jack about front springs for a Tacoma other than the 4" marlins were too light for Taylors pig. Time to shave some weight. :saw:

Timbuddha
07-31-2006, 11:47 PM
WHEEE! I already re-geared and I'm TURRRRRRRRBO charged! So... ha!

YOU BETTER MAKE IT TO BIG BEAR!

OH YEA..

back to topic...
front springs.. um I like my All Pro's but I don't know jack about front springs for a Tacoma other than the 4" marlins were too light for Taylors pig. Time to shave some weight. :saw:
http://www.nowwgasa.net/albumimage.asp?src=Taylorsswap%2Ftaylorsswap%5F99% 2EJPG
This motley crew scares me :eek: I really like my Marlins, but maybe because I got a Made in the USA set when they were really cheap!! Right now, Big Bear is a no go. I'm going to the Dusy!! I had mechanical difficulties this week, canceling out my trip, so now I'm going to be up there the 20th-27th. Sorry bud. I know Wyatt is going to be pissed at me too. :)

Tim

midavenport
08-01-2006, 06:30 AM
I believe these will do the trick. And you can't beat an ebay pricing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-72-Jeep-Wagoneer-3-lift-kit-leaf-springs-by-Alcan_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33584QQihZ019QQit emZ8032980023QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

91satoyota
09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
im running the 4" all pros up front and love them

yogiaz
09-06-2006, 06:42 AM
You want my springs then? They are sitting on the side of the house bent to shit after 1 wheeling trip. High quality stuff! lol

Yogi

im running the 4" all pros up front and love them

Swampzr2
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
I have a pair of waggy 7leaf pack springs. I think they flex more than the Rancho 44044 springs. The springs have lots of life left in them. $85 plus shipping and their yours. Email me if you are interested because I am not on here often. brandonweinhammer@hotmail.com