: DEMELLO's NEW BOLT ON 95-04 Sliders

cb77DEMELLO
07-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Better late than never!

As promissed we changed our 95-04 bolt on slider design so now you only have to drill 2 holes! One on each fram rail 2 total!

These sliders are availible in a DIY kit, bare metal and powder coated.

http://www.norcalttora.com/~jemartin/Pictures/slider%20bolt%20on/DSCF0018.JPG
http://www.norcalttora.com/~jemartin/Pictures/slider%20bolt%20on/DSCF0019.JPG
http://www.norcalttora.com/~jemartin/Pictures/slider%20bolt%20on/DSCF0021.JPG
http://www.norcalttora.com/~jemartin/Pictures/slider%20bolt%20on/DSCF0023.JPG

The first batch of powder coated bolt on's is on it's way to Performance Products.

Cost
Powder coated bolt on $549.00

Baremetal $449.00

DIY kit $349.00

Paul
07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
The Dick won.

cb77DEMELLO
07-27-2006, 02:30 PM
The Dick won.

Maybe this will shut him up for a while:)

firemandave
07-27-2006, 06:29 PM
man i wish i had the new style of sliders. it was a pain drilling those bottom sixteen holes then the other 2 main. Not to mention had to do a little filing to enlarge one. Looks good though.

KMAN
07-27-2006, 06:32 PM
They need a kickout...but look nice

cb77DEMELLO
07-27-2006, 07:03 PM
man i wish i had the new style of sliders. it was a pain drilling those bottom sixteen holes then the other 2 main. Not to mention had to do a little filing to enlarge one. Looks good though.
We just found a good way to drill those. You take a floor jack put the drill on it use the jack to apply presure to the drill and away you go! My guys can install those sliders in less than a hour:) But yes these don't require that.

cb77DEMELLO
07-27-2006, 07:05 PM
They need a kickout...but look nice

Were not a big fan of the kick out. We see where it could be use-ful but we would rather go over the rock then let the face of the wheel slam into the rock. That being said we have done them on request before.

firemandave
07-27-2006, 08:56 PM
ya i like the design right now but im pry going to design some removeable hoops soon. I recently got some body damage that if i had some hoops it pry wouldnt have happened. But using the floor jack is a pretty good idea, but i like knowing im in full control of the tools.

travisheals
07-27-2006, 09:05 PM
I do not have kick out sliders, but I sure wish I did. I have seen on numerous occasions how they work A LOT better than your average straight sliders. Mainly regarding trees. But ANY slider is better than No slider! :D

Perchjerker
07-28-2006, 07:43 AM
I just got my square tubes DO's bolted up this week. It took a while for the driver's side becasue I had to move most of the brake lines out of the way. Most of the relocations were easy, but the lines closest to the gas tank took some time, becasue I had to figure out how to raise them up so they would not rub on the top part of the flange of the slider. I finally used a small black metal grommet that came with the sliders. I took the grommet, raised the plastic brake line "keeper" until the round attachment was out of the hole in the frame, and put the grommet in it's place. Now I will just have to test it out to insure that it does not fall off under bumpy wheeling. I may have to tack weld it in place. The total time for the driver's side took me about 4.5 hours, mostly because it was a new experience, I was without help, and my compressor was not strong enough to power the right angle drill for the front hole you drill in the frame.

The passenger side only took me an hour.

cb77DEMELLO
07-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I just got my square tubes DO's bolted up this week. It took a while for the driver's side becasue I had to move most of the brake lines out of the way. Most of the relocations were easy, but the lines closest to the gas tank took some time, becasue I had to figure out how to raise them up so they would not rub on the top part of the flange of the slider. I finally used a small black metal grommet that came with the sliders. I took the grommet, raised the plastic brake line "keeper" until the round attachment was out of the hole in the frame, and put the grommet in it's place. Now I will just have to test it out to insure that it does not fall off under bumpy wheeling. I may have to tack weld it in place. The total time for the driver's side took me about 4.5 hours, mostly because it was a new experience, I was without help, and my compressor was not strong enough to power the right angle drill for the front hole you drill in the frame.

The passenger side only took me an hour.

These new one's are a little easier because there isn't 8 holes to drill per side. How long ago did you buy your Sqaure bolt on's? I can't remeber the last time we did a set of those?

TEJASYOTA
07-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Good redesign on the clamp on. Never a fan of where the bolts were facing the ground. To much potential for a rock shearing off the head.
Looks great!

Perchjerker
07-28-2006, 04:53 PM
These new one's are a little easier because there isn't 8 holes to drill per side. How long ago did you buy your Sqaure bolt on's? I can't remeber the last time we did a set of those?

I got them in last week. I think they are called "rock crushers." They are square tube I ordered them that way because I did not want them to be weld ons. They look great and seem very strong, I will have an opportunity to test them out in the next two weeks--well, maybe that is. There are not much rocks around here in East Texas, mostly trails.

Breathegood
07-29-2006, 09:32 AM
How difficult is it to get to the one hole per side? Do you need a 90 degree drill, or is there room to get in there with a normal drill. How about some installation and installed product pics. I've been waiting for these for ever, now you've got me all excited and only show them laying on the factory floor!

vistataco
07-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Better late than never!

As promissed we changed our 95-04 bolt on slider design so now you only have to drill 2 holes! One on each fram rail 2 total!

These sliders are availible in a DIY kit, bare metal and powder coated.

The first batch of powder coated bolt on's is on it's way to Performance Products.

Cost
Powder coated bolt on $549.00

Baremetal $449.00

DIY kit $349.00

You've been busy! First the FJ bumper and now...new "Dick friendly" bolt on sliders. :saw: :welder:

cb77DEMELLO
07-29-2006, 11:02 AM
How difficult is it to get to the one hole per side? Do you need a 90 degree drill, or is there room to get in there with a normal drill. How about some installation and installed product pics. I've been waiting for these for ever, now you've got me all excited and only show them laying on the factory floor!

We will doing some install instructions soon. I don't think we needed a 90* drill but let me look into that before I say that.

Perchjerker
07-31-2006, 08:09 AM
When I put mine on, I had to use a right angle drill. I guess if you put the sliders on, then marked the hole, took the sliders off and then drilled it, you could probably get it done with a regular drill from the outside.

I drilled the holes with the slider on.

We will doing some install instructions soon. I don't think we needed a 90* drill but let me look into that before I say that.

cb77DEMELLO
07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
When I put mine on, I had to use a right angle drill. I guess if you put the sliders on, then marked the hole, took the sliders off and then drilled it, you could probably get it done with a regular drill from the outside.

I drilled the holes with the slider on.

That explains alot right there. thanks for the info.

SYOTR
08-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Do you have a price for the bolt on single square tube sliders in bare metal?

Thanks,
Dave

cb77DEMELLO
08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Do you have a price for the bolt on single square tube sliders in bare metal?

Thanks,
Dave

You have mail.