: Please watch your language on this forum

SuperPoser
06-28-2006, 09:33 PM
a couple questions have come as to up why I was editing posts...

simple reason, there has been some inappropriate language used as well as quoted from others in some posts, and I have simply removed this...

please remember this forum welcomes everyone and as such we do not want to scare people off, offend them, or make them think we are a bunch of immature people...

hope everyone understands,
if not, oh well...

later
Mike

SuperPoser
06-28-2006, 09:37 PM
also note,
I have edited posts for links, or to correct a list...

AngryAndy
06-28-2006, 11:13 PM
a couple questions have come as to up why I was editing posts...

simple reason, there has been some inappropriate language used as well as quoted from others in some posts, and I have simply removed this...

please remember this forum welcomes everyone and as such we do not want to scare people off, offend them, or make them think we are a bunch of immature people...

hope everyone understands,
if not, oh well...

later
Mike

Lame. I will shut up, since Freedom of Speech is not welcome here. I didnt realize this forum was anti-slang. I aplolgize....feel free to edit my posts.....AGAIN...... :rolleyes:

RedRunnertc
06-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Excessive bad language will indeed not be tolerated. This is not intended to be "censorship" - you may say WHATEVER you like, but for the image of both TTORA and our chapter, every poster must accept responsibility for HOW things are said.

The post in question was excessive. (Note: it was directed at me, and I thought it was kinda funny actually and was preparing an equally scathing response, which would have deserved to be edited too)

Unfortunately, the situation was not handled well (imagine that - having a couple engineers as mods! :rofl: ). Mike and I have agreed that future posts will be handled as follows:

The poster will be sent a PM identifying exactly which part of their post is the problem and given the opportunity to tone it down themselves. Depending on the severity, the time allowed for this to happen will vary.

If they refuse, or it is still excessive, the post will be edited or deleted.

If the poster is a frequent repeat offender, they will be banned from the Ohio Forum.