: possible SC outing

99FlowedTaco
08-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey folks I'm thinking about running out to play a bit at spring creek for my bday if you'd like to go , or have never gone this would be a great time to drop by and wheel your shit for a bit.

I know there are a few new houston members ! Post up and lemme know if you'd like to go! or call me
713-548-7471

Ricks72
08-04-2006, 04:21 PM
when is this supposedly taking place? and how is spring creek...

Lazy-Boy
08-04-2006, 04:24 PM
interested in going but need to weld a front recovery point and recovery gear. maybe next time! check comes in monday so maybe i'll have enough.

thanks,
steve

99FlowedTaco
08-04-2006, 04:39 PM
when is this supposedly taking place? and how is spring creek...
this trey or brandon asking ?
its not a bad place lots to do, however people trash the place and liter it up.

when ? tomm anytime..

99FlowedTaco
08-04-2006, 04:41 PM
interested in going but need to weld a front recovery point and recovery gear. maybe next time! check comes in monday so maybe i'll have enough.

thanks,
steve

You dont have the factory front tow hook ? if you got a rear recovery point your good for spring creek. and as far as recovery gear all you really need is a tow strap unless your just out right balls to the wall wheeler and do the insane shit *cough steve *cough (no not you different steve)
http://txttora.ath.cx/tacopics/springcreek/steve/stevestand.jpg

you can get by on bald street tires at spring creek but its always good to head out there with at least one other person incase u need a tug

tllstaco
08-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Mitch,

When were you thinking about going? I can't make it on Saturday, but if things work out I may be able to go on Sunday.

Toby

Cmartinez95
08-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey folks I'm thinking about running out to play a bit at spring creek for my bday if you'd like to go , or have never gone this would be a great time to drop by and wheel your shit for a bit.

I know there are a few new houston members ! Post up and lemme know if you'd like to go! or call me
713-548-7471

Can't make it, but Happy BDay anyway, fawker!!! :)

99FlowedTaco
08-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Mitch,

When were you thinking about going? I can't make it on Saturday, but if things work out I may be able to go on Sunday.

Toby
hell i will go sunday too ! just down road for me :) whenever u want man

TOYFJC
08-04-2006, 08:43 PM
What time are you thinking (Tomorrow and Sunday)?
I'd really like to check it out. This would be my official
off road break-in for the FJ.

99FlowedTaco
08-04-2006, 08:52 PM
What time are you thinking (Tomorrow and Sunday)?
I'd really like to check it out. This would be my official
off road break-in for the FJ.
Give me a call ill be up till midnight
713-548-7471

I was planning on 10-1030am at park

99FlowedTaco
08-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Ok just got off phone with Lance (ToyFJC)
I'm still planning on going for a bit sat for anyone who wants to show but sunday will be the main day that i will hang out at park all day.

I'm hitting up 4wheelparts tomm AM for a new hilift and mounting rack for it. :headbang:

drguitarum2005
08-05-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm still planning on going for a bit sat for anyone who wants to show but sunday will be the main day that i will hang out at park all day.

I'm hitting up 4wheelparts tomm AM for a new hilift and mounting rack for it. :headbang:

<hijack>
where ya mounting it? inside side of bed or what?
</hijack>

i'd like to go but i have a lot of crap to take care of. I am still running 3 mud terrains and 1 all terrain from when i punctured an MT on our last go. Havent been in town to take care of that business yet...oops!

happy bday dude

CUCUY
08-05-2006, 02:54 AM

i'll swing out there sunday. what time will you be out there and how will i reconize you?

99FlowedTaco
08-05-2006, 08:22 AM
i'll swing out there sunday. what time will you be out there and how will i reconize you?
i will be out there at 10am

so far there will be toby, lance, and myself and you

so look for 2 tacomas and an fjcruiser got a CB ? if so tune to channel 4 and give us a shout. or buzz my cell 713-548-7471

this is my junk :D
http://txttora.ath.cx/tacopics/badass.jpg

Interex
08-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Got to work and take care of the GF, but Happy B-day dude!!!

Ricks72
08-05-2006, 10:56 AM
I just remembered I'm running the spare tire conversion on my taco right now. I need to get some new tires before next weekend...i guess I'm out

99FlowedTaco
08-05-2006, 01:10 PM
<hijack>
where ya mounting it? inside side of bed or what?
</hijack>

i'd like to go but i have a lot of crap to take care of. I am still running 3 mud terrains and 1 all terrain from when i punctured an MT on our last go. Havent been in town to take care of that business yet...oops!

happy bday dude

4wheelbitches didnt have the one i wanted but they have a rack mount that bolts to side of bedrail and locks hi-lift in place.

LAW
08-05-2006, 03:52 PM
4wheelbitches didnt have the one i wanted but they have a rack mount that bolts to side of bedrail and locks hi-lift in place.
northern tool?

99FlowedTaco
08-05-2006, 04:05 PM
i would lindsay but they are a bit more there ! for what i'd pay for a cast/steel one at NT i can get an all cast one at 4wp

tllstaco
08-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Mitch,

Something came up. I won't be there tomorrow.

Toby

59apache
08-05-2006, 08:24 PM
tractor supply for the hi lift they have a ag lift for 30 bucks.

Justin

Lazy-Boy
08-05-2006, 09:50 PM
99flowed: it's a 81 so it's basically sheet metal up front. i'm going to the steel scrap yard on monday so hopefully i can find some tube for the bender, if not i'll just weld up a front reciever. i'll try to make it out soon. i'm on 35" m/t's but i lack experience so i'd want to head up there with a group a couple of times before i can go solo.

btw, happy bday.

-steve

99FlowedTaco
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
99flowed: it's a 81 so it's basically sheet metal up front. i'm going to the steel scrap yard on monday so hopefully i can find some tube for the bender, if not i'll just weld up a front reciever. i'll try to make it out soon. i'm on 35" m/t's but i lack experience so i'd want to head up there with a group a couple of times before i can go solo.

btw, happy bday.

-steve

thx and regardless of experience its always best to go with at least one person no matter where u wheel.

CUCUY
08-05-2006, 11:59 PM
supposed to rain pretty bad tonight....still on for the outing or postponed?

LAW
08-06-2006, 12:01 AM
supposed to rain pretty bad tonight....still on for the outing or postponed?
usually after a good rain, it turns into a complete mudfest :D

CUCUY
08-06-2006, 12:21 AM
usually after a good rain, it turns into a complete mudfest :D

lol.....don't know if i'm ready to handle that....lol

still learning the limits of my truck and how to wheel it :rolleyes:

besides, i don't even have a winch if i get stuck in some serious slop lol

drguitarum2005
08-06-2006, 12:45 AM
lol.....don't know if i'm ready to handle that....lol

still learning the limits of my truck and how to wheel it :rolleyes:

besides, i don't even have a winch if i get stuck in some serious slop lol

thats what i thought but it really isnt near as hard as youre thinking. if you get stuck, these guys WILL get you out. no ones going to just leave you stuck. wheel on!

swank501
08-06-2006, 01:08 AM
SC may be a little red, but they will take care of you as long as you're not a dick or a yuppy with an attitude. The owner let me leave my junk there(supervised) overnight when I flopped it and let me borrow his trailer to bring her home. heck, he even came out there to help when we were stuck

CUCUY
08-06-2006, 01:13 AM
hmmm.......sounds good then.

where do i go exactly to meet the guys when i get there?

damn, how do i get there, never been before. directions coming from beltway8 and 45 please.

swank501
08-06-2006, 01:37 AM
from 45 north bound........take the 2920/old town spring exit..............turn right at the light...............keep left when you come to a fork...............come to a stop sign, keep straight and follow the road around.you will cross a couple sets of train tracks within less than a mile. When You cross(i think) the 3rd set you will take a left on the street (hardy rd) directly after you cross the last set of Train tracks. Keep going until you see a sign on your right that says Spring Creek Offroad park. that's it

CUCUY
08-06-2006, 02:00 AM
from 45 north bound........take the 2920/old town spring exit..............turn right at the light...............keep left when you come to a fork...............come to a stop sign, keep straight and follow the road around.you will cross a couple sets of train tracks within less than a mile. When You cross(i think) the 3rd set you will take a left on the street (hardy rd) directly after you cross the last set of Train tracks. Keep going until you see a sign on your right that says Spring Creek Offroad park. that's it
cool, i'll be out there :cool:

99FlowedTaco
08-06-2006, 07:22 AM
cool anyone who plans to attend pls call me at 713-548-7471 so we know ive already spoken to CuCuy this AM lance u still plan on coming out ?

99FlowedTaco
08-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Turnout List
myself
angel (cucuy)
and Lance, wife and son (ToyFJC)

I started off the day but pushing the limits of angels open/open stock tacoma :headbang: impressed him right there and got him addicted..
he had to give it a little skinny in this trail as he was laying frame going over the tiny hill.

we got off that trail and headed to meet up with lance and family but later came back to this trail ~!

this time around angel wasnt wanting to lay frame so FLOORED IT ! caught air and smacked into a tree ~ DOH !
his carnage consisted of

front bumper, passanger turn signal, passanger corner marker.. and passanger fender

The FJC was lifted via revtek spacers but after seeing angel fly into a tree (Damn tree hugger !) he decided not to attempt the trail.

all and all was a good day they both were newbie offroaders and got to do a bit of offcamber, rockcrawling and tire stuffing :D

I got a FEW pics i will upload in a bit..

99FlowedTaco
08-06-2006, 02:12 PM
http://txttora.ath.cx/tacopics/springcreek/8606/angel.jpg

http://txttora.ath.cx/tacopics/springcreek/8606/angel2.jpg

http://txttora.ath.cx/tacopics/springcreek/8606/angel3.jpg

http://txttora.ath.cx/tacopics/springcreek/8606/angelhill.jpg

http://txttora.ath.cx/tacopics/springcreek/8606/lance.jpg

http://txttora.ath.cx/tacopics/springcreek/8606/lance2.jpg

only pics i took but they took a few themselves if you guys need me to host them email the pics to adminsynaptic@gmail.com ~!

TOYFJC
08-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Had a great time guys. I will send you some pictures in an hour or so.

Had to take the damn back bumper off to get to a screw to re attach
the mud flap. I'm at the car wash right now watching her get cleaned up.

Took a fair ammount of scratches. I'll see how they look after the wash.

Thanks again for babysitting us first timers. It was a great experience. :D

Lance

Interex
08-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Carnage pics, NOW!

99FlowedTaco
08-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Had a great time guys. I will send you some pictures in an hour or so.

Had to take the damn back bumper off to get to a screw to re attach
the mud flap. I'm at the car wash right now watching her get cleaned up.

Took a fair ammount of scratches. I'll see how they look after the wash.

Thanks again for babysitting us first timers. It was a great experience. :D

Lance

anytime man you guys are most welcome to head out that way and give me a call.. look foward to wheelin when u and the family again sometime

fast frank
08-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Carnage pics, NOW!

I know that's right!

I was at the gun show this morning, so I missed the fireworks.

Show us some pics!

TOYFJC
08-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Some of the pics we took.
http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2557.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2562.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2565.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2566.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2569.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2574.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2586.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2594.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2596.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2597.JPG

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2600.JPG

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ricks72
08-06-2006, 05:18 PM
well you've had your first scratch. Now its time to SAS the FJ! :saw: :welder:

trey

ps: hopefully you'll be able to go to BVORA next weekend

CUCUY
08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Turnout List
myself
angel (cucuy)
and Lance, wife and son (ToyFJC)

I started off the day but pushing the limits of angels open/open stock tacoma :headbang: impressed him right there and got him addicted..
he had to give it a little skinny in this trail as he was laying frame going over the tiny hill.

we got off that trail and headed to meet up with lance and family but later came back to this trail ~!

this time around angel wasnt wanting to lay frame so FLOORED IT ! caught air and smacked into a tree ~ DOH !
his carnage consisted of

front bumper, passanger turn signal, passanger corner marker.. and passanger fender

The FJC was lifted via revtek spacers but after seeing angel fly into a tree (Damn tree hugger !) he decided not to attempt the trail.

all and all was a good day they both were newbie offroaders and got to do a bit of offcamber, rockcrawling and tire stuffing :D

I got a FEW pics i will upload in a bit..
oh man i had a freaking blast!!!! it was soooo much fun, and like i was telling the guys, i actually thought about trading in my tacoma, but now.....hell no! thanks for babysitting us out there and showing us ways to go about wheelin'. i was very impressed overall by my truck, even for it being stock and i can't wait to start modding it. i was even more impressed on how it took on that tree :p but the damage isn't too bad at all, all things considered. can't wait to do it again...and next time i'll have me a real bumper, something that would have taken that tree out lol. the FJ looked sick crawling up them rocks :cool: but future mods will include a small lift (by association ;) ), locker rear and tools to take with me next time lol. thanks for posting up the pics :)

99FlowedTaco
08-06-2006, 10:29 PM
lol angel anytime man :)

CUCUY
08-06-2006, 10:47 PM
what happened to the pics of my tree hugging skills lol

and did you ever find your spare tire?

99FlowedTaco
08-06-2006, 10:48 PM
i never took any pics of that ! however the dent u left in that tree will be there for quite a few years !

CUCUY
08-06-2006, 10:54 PM
i never took any pics of that ! however the dent u left in that tree will be there for quite a few years !
lol, thought you did....yeah, that tree will remember my name lol.

what about your spare?

99FlowedTaco
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
found the spare :headbang: its in bed now

CUCUY
08-06-2006, 10:57 PM
found the spare :headbang: its in bed now
where was it?

99FlowedTaco
08-06-2006, 11:05 PM
out on the main trail in that twisty ravine

CUCUY
08-06-2006, 11:07 PM
really...wow, i probably ran it over and didn't even think about it lol. good thing you found it though. wife wasn't too mad about truck damage and said that what happens when you go out offroading. so it's all good :)

Marcopolo
08-07-2006, 07:56 AM
well you've had your first scratch. Now its time to SAS the FJ! :saw: :welder:

trey

ps: hopefully you'll be able to go to BVORA next weekend

I agree with Trey lets SAS the FJ :D

purity
08-07-2006, 09:36 AM
good stuff guys! i vote we all finally pitch in for an official shirt for mitch that says "Spring Creek Trail Master". on the back it can say something like "noobs follow at your own risk. body damage guaranteed (just look at my junk)". LOL.

LAW
08-07-2006, 10:30 AM
good stuff guys! i vote we all finally pitch in for an official shirt for mitch that says "Spring Creek Trail Master". on the back it can say something like "noobs follow at your own risk. body damage guaranteed (just look at my junk)". LOL.
he should change his sn to scmudbug :D

99FlowedTaco
08-07-2006, 02:49 PM

LOL I like that !

LAW
08-07-2006, 03:14 PM
LOL I like that !
scmudbug is my vote :D

swank501
08-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Some of the pics we took.

http://j-logix.com/fjpics/IMG_2566.JPG

Someone get that boy a sandwich :D lol
Is that the drop by the pond? It looks like it has been smoothed out.

99FlowedTaco
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Someone get that boy a sandwich :D lol
Is that the drop by the pond? It looks like it has been smoothed out.

yeah its smoothed out but those dips where you lean off camber are worse ! i tapped the tree creeping down with cab

59apache
08-07-2006, 04:15 PM
i'm bring a chain saw with me next time i go. I hate that tree i can't go up and down that trail b/c i like my truck too much. there are a lot of other tree branches that i would like to trim to fit my truck better

Justin

LAW
08-07-2006, 04:27 PM
i'm bring a chain saw with me next time i go. I hate that tree i can't go up and down that trail b/c i like my truck too much. there are a lot of other tree branches that i would like to trim to fit my truck better

Justin
:xrocker: :xrocker:

99FlowedTaco
08-07-2006, 04:39 PM

Justin
that sounds like a good idea :D lemme know when u go i wanna cut some shit too

Ricks72
08-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Not having ever been to SC...how long did yall spend gettin to ride around without seeing the same ole sh :eek: t? I would go if it takes longer to ride around than it does to get there

Trey

99FlowedTaco
08-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Not having ever been to SC...how long did yall spend gettin to ride around without seeing the same ole sh :eek: t? I would go if it takes longer to ride around than it does to get there

Trey
you can see all the trails in 2 hrs unless u do the trails that look narly as shit..

there are trails out there no ones been on in few years and are overgrown it just depends on how ballsy you wanna be.. Im tryin to get out there and clear more trails

btw u can easily spend 6 hrs out there wheeling and tryin different shit.

just come out wheel , crash at my apt i got a spare room and u can head back next day.

99FlowedTaco
08-07-2006, 10:02 PM
so where's my shirt anthony ? ! huh !

CUCUY
08-07-2006, 10:16 PM

Trey
it was worth the ride....i drove in all the way from wharton and worth every second of it....even when i nailed that tree....all part of the experience :)

good stuff guys! i vote we all finally pitch in for an official shirt for mitch that says "Spring Creek Trail Master". on the back it can say something like "noobs follow at your own risk. body damage guaranteed (just look at my junk)".

LOL hell yeah

LAW
08-07-2006, 10:21 PM
it was worth the ride....i drove in all the way from wharton and worth every second of it....even when i nailed that tree....all part of the experience :)

LOL hell yeah
wait till our next gilmer trip
youll have 20x the fun

CUCUY
08-07-2006, 10:23 PM
wait till our next gilmer trip
youll have 20x the fun

i can imagine, but work owns me those days :(

Captain J
08-17-2006, 12:48 PM
so were are going back this coming Sunday right, Aug 20th.
who wants to join in.

purity
08-17-2006, 02:48 PM
so where's my shirt anthony ? ! huh !
get the noobs to pitch in for it. call it your trail guiding fee. :D

nastynate
08-17-2006, 04:01 PM
so were are going back this coming Sunday right, Aug 20th.
who wants to join in.

I may be going... need to get some wheeling in, w/o the 3 hour drive :D