: color-matched dash

butchhusky
08-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Can I get any color I want in there? I mean, I really don't want a goofy yellow or blue dash around my cd player.....I would rather have silver or black.... Anyone know? :saw:

sbechtold
08-05-2006, 08:17 AM
You can change the dash panels out after taking delivery from your dealer. It takes about 10 seconds to unscrew and pop the panels off. There are a few aftermarket companies making replacement dash/door panels (brushed aluminum, diamond plate, carbon fiber, etc.). You can also order replacements from your dealer in whatever color you want. It's not an option to change them before you take delivery, unless you work out something special with your dealer.

FJDawg
08-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Paint it whatever color you want...

KungFooo
08-05-2006, 05:20 PM
What you need to do is contact Dick Foster, he will paint them gold for you. For more info, just ask Dick. Dick is easy to get ahold of.

OFRD_GRL
08-07-2006, 03:32 PM
no from toyota you can only get them to match your FJ's paint (hence color matched)

HOWEVER take it out, and paint it and your good to go.
(the doors also have the painted pieces FYI)

butchhusky
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
I'd want the light blue one, with Silver or black inserts......I'm not into the color-coded interior stuff.... :eek:

purity
08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
remove the color matched dash panels, get you some spray paint, paint them with a nice thick, glossy coat of whatever color you like, then put them back in. done. cost = $3 max.