: *HUGE VENT* watch out... i hate skyjacker

OFRD_GRL
08-09-2006, 08:49 AM
OK sooo my lift kit was supposed to be here yesterday.. and before then was supposed to be here june 7th... and i ordered it may 24th...
SOOOO I call the jesus loving freaks over there (if you dont believe me see their website) to ask where the FOCK my GO'DAM lift kit was... ANOTHER EFFING 6-8 weeks... luckily they are one of our vendors so i have the contacts i need to get stuff answered...
so i sent the big bossman over there an email:
Do you have ANY E.T.A. on when I will see this kit or any idea what the hold up is?... I ordered it on 5/24 (with the understanding the kit was shipping June 7th per you) and it is already 8/9. I was told over 8 weeks ago that it would be 6-8 weeks and I would see it. I just called on the P.O. and they said another 6-8 weeks, which will put me into the winter here. Not to mention I installed my wheels and tires with the assumption the kit would be here quickly and have a front winch bumper and winch.... which is making the front end rub HORRIBLY, and I need the kit to lift the front end up severly.
ANY help you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks.
~Una

is the winch on? no... but soon. will the lift fix my rubbing? ummm maybe but doubtful, thats besides the point.

IM FRIGGIN BEYOND PISSED. i would totally go off on them if i was just a customer but i have to be semi-professional since we work with them.

OH MY GOD. be thankful i didnt make it out to get my new gun yet LOL

told u they were jesus loving freaks (not saying theres anything wrong with loving jesus.. im catholic myself.. but they sure arent being honest ot upfront with ME. fockin cock smokers)
http://skyjacker.com/image/jesus_rocks_red.gif

Oppositeboy
08-09-2006, 09:00 AM
OK sooo my lift kit was supposed to be here yesterday.. and before then was supposed to be here june 7th... and i ordered it may 24th...
SOOOO I call the jesus loving freaks over there (if you dont believe me see their website) to ask where the FOCK my GO'DAM lift kit was... ANOTHER EFFING 6-8 weeks... luckily they are one of our vendors so i have the contacts i need to get stuff answered...
Do you have ANY E.T.A. on when I will see this kit or any idea what the hold up is?... I ordered it on 5/24 (with the understanding the kit was shipping June 7th per you) and it is already 8/9. I was told over 8 weeks ago that it would be 6-8 weeks and I would see it. I just called on the P.O. and they said another 6-8 weeks, which will put me into the winter here. Not to mention I installed my wheels and tires with the assumption the kit would be here quickly and have a front winch bumper and winch.... which is making the front end rub HORRIBLY, and I need the kit to lift the front end up severly.
Thanks.
~Una

is the winch on? no... but soon. will the lift fix my rubbing? ummm maybe but doubtful, thats besides the point.

IM FRIGGIN BEYOND PISSED. i would totally go off on them if i was just a customer but i have to be semi-professional since we work with them.

told u they were jesus loving freaks (not saying theres anything wrong with loving jesus.. im catholic myself.. but they sure arent being honest ot upfront with ME. fockin cock smokers)

Get a different lift and ask for your money back.

OFRD_GRL
08-09-2006, 09:21 AM
right except there is NOWHERE else im gonna get a coilover lift for under $350

Oppositeboy
08-09-2006, 09:22 AM

Make your own spacer lift with hockey pucks.

SuperPoser
08-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Get a different lift and ask for your money back.
X2

SuperPoser
08-09-2006, 09:25 AM
http://www.cornfedsuspension.com/

I am supprised they don't have one yet...

send them an e-mail, if they arn't working on it already, they could probably fab something for ya...

SuperPoser
08-09-2006, 09:26 AM
also...
your company is their customer,
sometimes you have to shove your weight around... since your company has the possibility of selling many of their lifts, make them aware, you guys will not be suggesting them to your customers...

RedRunnertc
08-09-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm with the guys above - beggars can't be choosers! Are you getting the FIRST one? Hopefully the delay is because they are re-engineering it to make it even better...

Remember, that Toyotas, etc are a VERY small piece of their pie. The leverage is in the full-size domestic trucks ... if this experience were to cause your company to stop carrying those lifts, that would get a lot of attention.

Or get your boss on the stick to get hooked up with ARB. I KNOW the OME lift is out and shipping...seen a few on trucks already!

OFRD_GRL
08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Make your own spacer lift with hockey pucks.
ya but then my fj would ride like andys (bunk)

OFRD_GRL
08-09-2006, 10:16 AM
i dont want a spacer lift guys (no cornfed and no hockey pucks)

thats why i went with this one. its a replacement coilover setup up front.. and a shock/spacer in back... (that way towing capability not affected and ride isnt total bunk)

Oppositeboy
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
i dont want a spacer lift guys (no cornfed and no hockey pucks)

thats why i went with this one. its a replacement coilover setup up front.. and a shock/spacer in back... (that way towing capability not affected and ride isnt total bunk)

How are towing capabilities affected by lifts? You should find another lift. I would tell them they have week to put the product on your doorstep or give you a full refund.

OFRD_GRL
08-09-2006, 10:31 AM
because the spring rate in the back would be different and not necessarily work all to swell for towing.
hence coilover up front and spacer in back.

Oppositeboy
08-09-2006, 10:36 AM
because the spring rate in the back would be different and not necessarily work all to swell for towing.
hence coilover up front and spacer in back.

Why not get a new custom spring pack with the specifications you want? Sheesh!

darwink1
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
by spacer do u mean a lift block??

towing w the lift block will be way worse than oem. you will probably end up breaking leafs.

just my piece

not too many people run that lift round this site either so that should be an indication.

Oppositeboy
08-09-2006, 10:50 AM
by spacer do u mean a lift block??

towing w the lift block will be way worse than oem. you will probably end up breaking leafs.

just my piece

not too many people run that lift round this site either so that should be an indication.

You can't be serious... :rolleyes:

Blocks aren't way worse. They do have disadvantages, but she probably won't break any leaves.

Look at her vehicle. There is probably a reason why not too many people are running the lift she wants.

Keep your turdy opinions to yourself. Your not helping any.

OFRD_GRL
08-09-2006, 11:48 AM
umm too bad the FJ doesnt have leafs anywhere.

OFRD_GRL
08-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Look at her vehicle. There is probably a reason why not too many people are running the lift she wants.

OOOok whats this mean buddy?

SuperPoser
08-09-2006, 12:26 PM
You can't be serious... :rolleyes:

Blocks aren't way worse. They do have disadvantages, but she probably won't break any leaves.

Keep your turdy opinions to yourself. Your not helping any.
guessin he was thinking blocks for a leaf pack...
axle wrap while towing is not a good thing...

Oppositeboy
08-09-2006, 01:02 PM
umm too bad the FJ doesnt have leafs anywhere.

Daaaang, really? I need to check one out. So it's got coils on all 4 corners, eh? Tell me it doesn't have IRS.

Oppositeboy
08-09-2006, 01:04 PM
OOOok whats this mean buddy?

How many people have lifts for FJ's? How many people have lifted their FJ?

I don't know personally, I would assume not many since it is still a fairly new vehicle. But then again, I don't know, I don't care... I don't own one nor do I plan to unless they go back to the old school style.

Oppositeboy
08-09-2006, 01:05 PM
guessin he was thinking blocks for a leaf pack...
axle wrap while towing is not a good thing...

It also depends on how much you are towing. For most people, it shouldn't matter.

OFRD_GRL
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
well YES there are coils in the back (struts up front and coil/shock in back)
solid axle in back though. not IRS

OFRD_GRL
08-10-2006, 07:22 AM
well after my *majorly complaining* to them yesterday...
they will ship my kit by tomorrow... ADN im getting springs instead of spacers, so thats pretty dope.
i guess they are changing the kits from a rear spacer to a spring anyways, but im getting the first one before they are actually ready to ship to other customers.

soooo i guess thats cool.

SuperPoser
08-10-2006, 07:59 AM
:woot:

RedRunnertc
08-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Guinea pig!

darwink1
08-13-2006, 07:10 PM
ummm i broke a stocker leaf haulin rocks out of a quarry. with no blocks. i was just assuming that the truck was to be used as a truck.
axle wrap is pretty bad w just the oem pack too, then add blocks?
but ill keep the opinions to myself and i apologise profusely. please feel free to let me know when i step out of line its much appreciated.

SuperPoser
08-13-2006, 07:42 PM
for leaf packs... I prefer doing a shackle lift rather than a block lift,
for me it's easier, and cheaper...
but thats just me... :dunno:

99TanTaco
08-13-2006, 08:00 PM
pay attention people, the FJ doesn't have leaf springs it has coils at all 4 corners. That's why she was using the term "spacer" as opposed to "lift block"

SuperPoser
08-13-2006, 08:04 PM
yes, but some people are taking about how to lift when you do have leaf packs...
some people do not like lift blocks on leaf packs, others don't mind using them...

99TanTaco
08-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Ahh so it is me who needs to pay attention

OFRD_GRL
08-13-2006, 08:13 PM
/thread hijack

LOL

99TanTaco
08-13-2006, 08:41 PM
yep, silly me assuming people were still discussing your truck. I should know by now that any threads in/ or relating to OH TTORA never make it past 4 posts without being hi-jacked

OFRD_GRL
08-13-2006, 08:49 PM
true true :D

SuperPoser
08-13-2006, 09:02 PM
indeed ;)

blown4runner
08-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks.
~Una

wow... sounds like the same deal I had with Calmini several years ago when I ordered a lift kit for my Nissan Frontier. It took about 7 months to get the thing, then the upper control arms were too short (torsion bar suspension), and they wouldn't help at all... They never admitted to having faulty parts. I ended up buying upper control arms from another company just so I wasn't running around with 3 degrees of negative camber... I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN UNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFRD_GRL
08-13-2006, 09:59 PM
thanks babes!!!!!

:D

i should have it wednesday or so... *praying* lol

Munssey
08-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Just SAS it and be done.

OFRD_GRL
08-13-2006, 10:52 PM
ok read all of post before replying silly munssey!

ill have the lift soon soon.

Munssey
08-13-2006, 10:53 PM
But you write soooo much and it's hard to stay focused. I'm just not working good with the intraweb tonight.

OFRD_GRL
08-13-2006, 11:43 PM
do you ever REALLY work good?

:D

OFRD_GRL
08-13-2006, 11:44 PM
fork.

i just hijacked my own thread.

thats soo gotta be illegal or some crap.

Munssey
08-14-2006, 08:06 AM
do you ever REALLY work good?
Eh.. opinions vary.

RedRunnertc
08-14-2006, 10:44 AM
So - back on topic...

You gonna put the lift on at work or what?

OFRD_GRL
08-14-2006, 11:54 AM
hoping too.... provided the big bossman hasnt changed his mind, or isnt in a foul mood :D and will still let me use our lift/tools

purity
08-14-2006, 12:05 PM
but you havent gotten a coilover lift for under $350 :p at least with the other guys that charge more you actually receive something. :D

RedRunnertc
08-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Cool. Wear something cute and he'll be more obliging. :rofl:

SuperPoser
08-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Cool. Wear something cute and he'll be more obliging. :rofl:
:worthless

OFRD_GRL
08-14-2006, 01:47 PM
LOL smart alecs
I dunno I paid allrpo a TON of money and waited forever for my stuff from them too.

darwink1
08-14-2006, 03:28 PM
sorry for the hijak. my allpro order just went missing. got 1/2 of it and not my sliders. woooo hooo!