: For those of you who don't know.

tweeder3410
08-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Just filling ya'll in, Last Monday at SWAT school I had a heat stroke and was serverly F---ed up for the last week or so in the hospital. I am fine now, but my partner who went to the school with me ended up in Crawford Long Hospital for the rest of the week due to temporary kidney failure. He is around 42, so his body didn't take it as well as mine. Main reason for this post is, there are perfectly healthy kids around the area dieing from heat strokes due to the heat and over exersion. So I guess I am just saying make sure you drink plenty of water and be carefull during vigorous activities. I know alot of us drink alot of beer and not enough water so just a little insight from "the safety gator"...inside joke...Be careful in the heat guys.

Later,
Rick

Marshytaco
08-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Glad to hear you're alright, now! Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your partner!

Ican'tdriveontheroad
08-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Glad to hear you're alright, now! Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your partner!
x2

ATLRoach
08-16-2006, 03:29 PM
x3

Alan11116
08-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Rick, I'm glad you are alright, buddy! Your partner is in my prayers.

STOMPER
08-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Im glad your ok Rick. But keep in mind you never fully recover from a heat injury (You should remember this cause I do. F-ing army heat tranning.). So it will be easier for it to happen again.

04tacodrvr
08-17-2006, 05:48 AM
if this is some trick to get us to move all your stuff man you're truely sick! all jokes aside i'm glad to hear you're ok and i hope you're partner has speedy recovery. working outside everyday is a beoch!!!! we go thru a 5 gallon water cooler everyday and i still feel worn out when i get home. ya'll ready for fall yet?!
-daniel

TrdTaco868
08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey man im sorry to hear about the heat stroke. I hope you and your partner get well soon. One of my friends hit the ground in the middle of rugby practice before so i know what it can be like to have a good friend get heat stroke. But yea ill be praying for both of yall just take it easy.

tweeder3410
08-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey guys thanks for the thoughts and prayer. My bud is doing well, he returned home from the hospital yesterday and just feels bad. well like shit....

Im glad your ok Rick. But keep in mind you never fully recover from a heat injury (You should remember this cause I do. F-ing army heat tranning.). So it will be easier for it to happen again.

Oh yea I know.... been there done that... I think I have had heat exhaustion while in Iraq and not really paid attention to it so that may be a factor. Oh well more water I guess.