: Found my gearing details.

Ican'tdriveontheroad
08-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Its and 8"inch ring gear, with 3:58 gears(boo), and a 2 pinion open(boo) again. Other than that I'm slowly learning what is good and what to stay away from for buying my upgrades. Let's see what you guys think of what I want for what I'm trying to go for.

Goal. A dd on 32s or 33s at with a spare set of 15 steel wheels and 33 mt. 4.56 gears, a rear locker, sliders, 9500 winch, 3in lift in the front (want for it to settle at that height) match it in the rear, arb front bumper, and to end with my motor making about 215 ft lbs of torque and 200 hp.

Now what I have in mind is Ome 881s (ty for the tip colin), chevy rear leafs, lockrite rear locker, budbuilt skid....that's what I've got in my head for now. Any suggestions? Corrections? Ideas?

For any of you who're wondering I have a 96 taco 4x4 reg cab and bed with the 3rz motor. that's all for now let me know if you guys think I'm heading in the right direction.

STOMPER
08-16-2006, 08:25 PM
You wont get lift with the OME 881's and a ARB bumper. 882's will work but to run the 33's and not rub you will need a 3" body lift too.
Mine had v6 coils OME struts 2" spacer with a ProComp add a leafin the rear, and on top of all that a 3" body lift and 1" cut rear fenders.http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/jrs2930/th_MyTacoma.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/jrs2930/?action=view&current=MyTacoma.jpg&refPage=20&imgAnch=imgAnch34)

GOT COPE?
08-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah none of the OME will hold up to a winch and bumper. But they're great until then.

Ican'tdriveontheroad
08-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Well the bumper and winch are going to be some of the last things I put on anyways so I'll up grade the front again when I do the ARB. What will hold up though? And am I on the right track for what I'm planning on doing?

0stepside3
08-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Well the bumper and winch are going to be some of the last things I put on anyways so I'll up grade the front again when I do the ARB. What will hold up though? And am I on the right track for what I'm planning on doing?

swayaway, donahoe racing, king, etc. all are adjustable type coilovers, meaning you decide if you want to run them at 0" of lift up to 3" of lift. when they start to sag due to the extra weight of the bumper/winch all you have to do is crank them up a little bit more and get that lost height back.