: MOD Advice needed

ifly737
02-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Hey everyone!

I am newbie here on this forum. I have a 97 4X4 V6 LX extra cab with only 48K. I want to spruce it up a bit. With a budget of about $1500-$2000 what do you recommend upgrading on this truck????? My intentions are to go off-roading a couple times a month. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most extreme off-road driving (boulder climbing - mud bogger) and 1 being, "dang I got my tires dirty." I would rate my future driving as a #5. This truck is not a TRD model. :welder: :confused:

I would appreciate any advice from you folks to enhance my trucks abilities!!!!

Kyota
02-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Spacers, add-a-leafs, and some decent dirt tires would b fine. Aound 750 probably. BTW, no need to ask for a mods advise. If you want it PM'em. Wrong forum too.

Oppositeboy
02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
LOL, "mod" as in modifications...

Heck, your stock truck will do fine if you are looking at "5". I would recommend some armor. Sliders for sure, then bumpers with tow points. Also get a CB, spare parts, etc. If you want, you can do a cheap spacer lift (Cornfed for example) and I would recommend a shackle in the rear vs. an AAL (better flex). You can also look into getting a locker in the rear for ~$200-$300.