: New to Phoenix

TRDBuckshot
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and see what's going on. My name is Frank and I moved to Phoenix over Labor Day weekend. I have been involved with TTORA and TLCA (Toyota LandCrusier Assocaition) for a while now. In fact I was the local area leader for North Texas for a few years. I was also a founding member of Toyota Trail Riders, a TLCA affilate.

I have a 2001 Silver TRD XtraCab. She ain't stock but she ain't a rockcrawler either. I have the OME suspension lift running BFG Mud-Terrains. Locked front and rear. In addition I have plenty of armour, hence why I can get away with being a low rider.

I enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities in addition to wheeling, hiking, camping, mountain biking, shooting. My latest adventure was hiking and wheeling Big Bend National Park. If you all haven't been there its awesome.

Anyway, hope to catch up with you all soon. I have access to the internet but it might be sporadic until I get my own place (I'm hanging out with family now).

rijrunr
09-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Frank-

Welcome to AZ. Sounds like your truck is ready for some AZ trails! We hold a large 2-3 day event called AZ Rocks every March; would be good to see you out there, if not sooner.

Heatstroke
09-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Welcome. You moved here at just the right time of year. Hang out on the board, watch for trail runs and the occasional social gatherings. See you 'round Az.

TBob
09-06-2006, 01:32 PM
welcome Frank! - say clear of a guy with the handle Faux4x4 heard he's a real tool

FAUX X 4
09-06-2006, 02:01 PM
welcome Frank! - say clear of a guy with the handle Faux4x4 heard he's a real tool

good lord...........my screen name is almost the same as his!...........hope I don't get confused for him..........that would suck! :rolleyes:

I don't suppose you told him about your obsession with Lance Bass :xrainbow: ??? :bhump: :eek:

TBob
09-06-2006, 02:12 PM
who the heck is Lance Bass?

good lord...........my screen name is almost the same as his!...........hope I don't get confused for him..........that would suck! :rolleyes:

I don't suppose you told him about your obsession with Lance Bass :xrainbow: ??? :bhump: :eek:

Mark in Az
09-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Frank...Welcome to Az

FAUX X 4
09-06-2006, 02:20 PM
who the heck is Lance Bass?

Don't play dumb................we all know you have a shrine built in his honnor in your basement!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i267/FAUX_X_4/Random/lancesplash.jpg

FAUX X 4
09-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Welcome to AZ Frank!

TBob
09-06-2006, 02:59 PM
your :supergay:

Don't play dumb................we all know you have a shrine built in his honnor in your basement!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i267/FAUX_X_4/Random/lancesplash.jpg

FAUX X 4
09-06-2006, 03:04 PM
your :supergay:

All this denial just confirms what we all already know about you..........

TRDBuckshot
09-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys. I will keep my eyes on the board.

It sounds like there isn't a regular meet, time and location? We found that having this, plus regular runs, wats, ect. really helped the group grow. Just two cents worth for what its worth.

Mark in Az
09-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Just two cents worth for what its worth.

Shoot, that's worth a nomination for becoming a trail leader :eek: :D

Crash
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM
TTORA meet and greet is in order!

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 12:08 PM
TTORA meet and greet is in order!

Party at Dan's House!!!............Party at Dan's House!!! :D

TimF
09-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm down! Let's set a time and place.

TBob
09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I hear him say he was buying the beer

Party at Dan's House!!!............Party at Dan's House!!! :D

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 12:37 PM

I think he said he was getting a keg and as much pizza we can eat!!!!

Sweeeet!.............Thanks Dan!!! :kewl:

Mark in Az
09-07-2006, 01:08 PM
I bet we could get Tim to authorize pizza for an AzTTORA meet & greet

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 01:18 PM

Ok then.......it's settled...........Keg Party at Dan's and Tim's buying the pizza!!! ;)

TimF
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Now the real question, what to fill the keg with...

I'll drink anything but Tbob is particular to his Natural light and I haven't seen that in Keg form before

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Now the real question, what to fill the keg with...

I'll drink anything but Tbob is particular to his Natural light and I haven't seen that in Keg form before

T-boob will just have to suffer without his Keystone light!!!!

I would vote for a keg of New Castle, Smithwicks, Guinness, New Belgium 1554..........oh screw it, lets just get 4 or 5 kegs............afterall, Dan's buying!!!! :lmao:

4xClover
09-07-2006, 02:17 PM

Yeah...I think Tim would authorize that as long as the VP/Treasurer indicates we have enough funds to cover such an event. :rolleyes: :)

I'm thinking we may just have to have this "meet and greet" at my place in October sometime.....afterall, we were talking about having an OcTTORAFest party at my house after I got settled in. We could just roll it all into one big party!! (Meet/Greet, OcTTORAFest, Check Out My New Digs) :D

What'cha all think?

Crash
09-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I already have a keg sitting in the garage, I just need it filled and some way to chill it. :D I like Timmay's idea though.

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I already have a keg sitting in the garage, I just need it filled and some way to chill it. :D I like Timmay's idea though.

So wait.......I'm confused..........who's house am I getting hammered at and peeing in the pool from the roof after barfing up 3 large pizzas on the couch this weekend???? :confused:

4xClover
09-07-2006, 02:54 PM
So wait.......I'm confused..........who's house am I getting hammered at and peeing in the pool from the roof after barfing up 3 large pizzas on the couch this weekend???? :confused:

Ahhh...that would have to be Dan's house then! :rolleyes:

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Ahhh...that would have to be Dan's house then! :rolleyes:

Sweet!...........I'll bring the inflatable sheep, some crisco and a bunch of paper clips............this is going to be fun Dan!!!! :eek: :D

..............does anybody have any of those little inflatable arm floaties in case the sheep goes into the pool????

Captkirkyota
09-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Sweet!...........I'll bring the inflatable sheep, some crisco and a bunch of paper clips............this is going to be fun Dan!!!! :eek: :D

..............does anybody have any of those little inflatable arm floaties in case the sheep goes into the pool????
:doh: Dude I hope to GOD that no one I mean NO ONE EVER EVER EVER EVER invents a mind reading machine, cuz I fear the things rolling around in that dark dungeon of a twisted cesspool of cranial expanse that rests upon your neck. :eek: (shudders as he types) :rofl:

4xClover
09-07-2006, 03:40 PM

Okay, okay.....you are in rare form today.....are you not getting enough attention at home or just working too much?! :confused:

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 03:40 PM
:doh: Dude I hope to GOD that no one I mean NO ONE EVER EVER EVER EVER invents a mind reading machine, cuz I fear the things rolling around in that dark dungeon of a twisted cesspool of cranial expanse that rests upon your neck. :eek: (shudders as he types) :rofl:

I think you're over thinking my idea............you see, you inflate the inflatable sheep, slather him with crisco and stick him with a paper clip and case him around trying to catch him.............but you see, he's all greased up with crisco and whatnot, so it's a challange..........the water wings are purely for the sheeps safety......we wouldn't want hin to drown now would we??? :confused:

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Okay, okay.....you are in rare form today.....are you not getting enough attention at home or just working too much?! :confused:

huh????????...........I've only been working 80+ hours a week for well over a couple months.....what ever do you mean???

........hey, isn't that carrott-top in a moomoo or am I seeing things??.............

Crash
09-07-2006, 03:45 PM

I don't think so sicko, But you guys are more then welcome to come by Sunday and watch football on a 55" HDTV.

****WARNING....People trying to bring sheep over will be shot.****

PS. The sheep will be "taken care of" :D

FAUX X 4
09-07-2006, 03:52 PM
****WARNING....People trying to bring sheep over will be shot.****

PS. The sheep will be "taken care of" :D

:eek: ........................................... :lmao: :rofl: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao: :rofl:

TRDBuckshot
09-07-2006, 10:17 PM

And that would be a keg of Shiner I'm assuming to welcome me from Texas. :D
Its the one thing that almost stoped me from moving here, its hard to find, at least so far.

So I'm missed it, you all are meeting at Dan's when? And how do I get there?

I should also mention I already have a trip in mind;

http://www.nps.gov/cach/planyourvisit/feesandreservations.htm

Check out the section about Canyon Driving. I just need to get a little more settled with work (I have been working two days and I already have a deadline, guess that's why they call it work and not fun) and my housing situation (need to get my own pad ASAP).