TTORA Forum banner

What would you pay 75 fj 40

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Boheefus 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I've been looking two different 1975 FJ 40's both are in really good condition. The one is mint with 68,000 miles but the guys asking for $11000. The second one is in good condition but has a little rust is spots nothing major just spot rust. That owner of the secon one is has around 80,000 miles and is asking for $6000. Now mechanically they are both very sound and everything runs good. Now my question is why such the difference in price, and what is a good price for these?

#3 ·
Too little information:) Pics, links, anything else to go on? Are the stock or modified?

One may be priced high and one low, which could account for some of the difference. Also, completely rust free rigs in exceptional condition will fetch a premium price.

#4 ·
a good resto job with some offroad capabilities put in, ie spring over, lockers, full cage..will run you into the $20k range. I would take a magnet to the "restored" one looking for bondo, and check under the body monts for wood, diamond plate ect. 40's are worth every bit of it if properly done, but don't get suckered.

Boheefus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.