: Sandy Beach Anyone?

Fish Taco
10-05-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm heading out to the mysterious Sandy Beach in the Four Peaks area. I think we may be guaranteeing carnage. If anyone wants to go just let me know. I don't have details but it should be fun!

--Fish

padesertboy
10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
I heard it is still rough, no bees on the last trip out (word of mouth), and the beach is under water.

TimF
10-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Is the water level that high? I know I have been out there on a boat and the water will rise 1-2 feet in 30 minutes.

If I had a boat I would meet you there.

Westy
10-06-2006, 10:53 AM
...and as a warning; recently the sheriff has given *warning* tickets to those who have accessed Sandy Beach via the wash. Apparently it crosses through designated wilderness area, which is always off limits to vehicles. Check your tonto national forest maps to confirm...I wouldnt be surprised if the FS has put up closed signs at the wilderness boundary to warn those. Just a heads up...

have fun!

rijrunr
10-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Meg- do you have coordinates?

rijrunr
10-06-2006, 01:06 PM
From the AZVJC Board-

Sandy Beach trail Posted Closed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We (me & the wife, Kevin & Kelly H)were out last Sunday to run the Coves in from 4 Peaks, and were going to run down the Sandy Beach trail to the gnarly section to check out just how nasty it really is, but...

Right where the Sandy Beach trail starts is a nice shiny stake with a Forest Service "Trail Closed to Motorized Traffic" sign with a fair number of tire tracks going past it (maybe people just can't read)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also did some research, and this trail DOES go into the Four Peaks Wilderness Area, making it illegal to drive in any type of vehicle or bicycle.

Fish Taco
10-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, I guess no Sandy Beach. Nice research Ryan! I'm kinda happy anyway. I was in no hurry to break something on my truck again since it's going to be up and running tonight and that only gave me 36 hours of quality time before the carnage began.

Maybe we'll run something out in FJ or up in Sycamore Creek (which probably has a fair bit of water in it today!) Any suggestions?

Ryan-- Stop being such a pansie and wheel your truck! I don't care if you wanna get it regeared. We can just have some fun and let Westin do all the real shit! Come on!

Westy
10-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Good info. Thanks.

Stypica
10-06-2006, 06:23 PM
From the AZVJC Board-

Sandy Beach trail Posted Closed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We (me & the wife, Kevin & Kelly H)were out last Sunday to run the Coves in from 4 Peaks, and were going to run down the Sandy Beach trail to the gnarly section to check out just how nasty it really is, but...

Right at the top of the wash, just past where FR101 turns east and the Sandy Beach trail starts, is a nice shiny stake with a Forest Service "Trail Closed to Motorized Traffic" sign with a fair number of tire tracks going past it (maybe people just can't read)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also did some research, and this trail DOES go into the Four Peaks Wilderness Area, making it illegal to drive in any type of vehicle or bicycle.

Wow, last weekend - I saw no signs - just lots of tire tracks. Didn't even see a post for a missing sign!