: Newbie Suspension Question

alloy171
02-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Ok, i looked over all the tech stuff and did some research regarding lifts for the tacomas. I am looking into getting a dub cab 01-04 and lifting it around 4-5" (coils or spacers with a 1-2" BL) with some 33's. My question is this:

Althought it is a very vauge idea of stiffness on ride, would you recommend using spacers?

I care about how much money i spend, but i also care about if my ride is going to be liveable. Is there any way i can use a softer shock to combat the stiffness?

If it's between comfort and cheapness, i will choose comfort in the end.

Thanks for the help! I plan on asking alot more questions.

SilverTaco
02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Well with a spacer it is rougher than stock....how much i cant tell because i have gotten use to it. I say some OME Coils and shocks.

atwinda
02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Ok, i looked over all the tech stuff and did some research regarding lifts for the tacomas. I am looking into getting a dub cab 01-04 and lifting it around 4-5" (coils or spacers with a 1-2" BL) with some 33's. My question is this:

Althought it is a very vauge idea of stiffness on ride, would you recommend using spacers?

I care about how much money i spend, but i also care about if my ride is going to be liveable. Is there any way i can use a softer shock to combat the stiffness?

If it's between comfort and cheapness, i will choose comfort in the end.

Thanks for the help! I plan on asking alot more questions.

Are you going to be off roading a lot?

I got away with using the fabtech basic 3.5" for a long time until I reached the point were I was doing more wheeling and enjoyed the 2.5" shock. If you're mostly a street dude, then go ahead and get the basic kit. The entire 3.5" kit is cheaper than the Hoes, Camburgs, or Kings alone. This way you are getting a better ride than the spacers, without busting the bank.

If you are willing to spend a bit more, the All Pro coilover is an option for you as well.

cvajs
02-17-2005, 10:53 AM
nobody has addressed the ADD issue (if you have it). you cannot lift the oem a-arm articulation more than 3". if you want more then you'll need manual hubs.

alloy171
02-17-2005, 11:28 AM
thanks for the info on the fabtech lift. THats kinda what im looking for, a cheap 3" suspension lift without using blocks or spacers. Now for the rear what should i look into? AAL's? Will they be stiff as well in the rear?

By the way, what kind of gas mileage do people get with a 6 banger, regular gears and 33's?

Thanks