TTORA Forum banner

Just curious about a swap comparison.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stu 
#1 ·
I don't plan on doing either of these things, but just out of sheer curiosity, which would cost more?

Swapping a V8 motor into a straight 6 body, or swapping a solid axle onto a V8 truck?

I imagine that the motor swap would be easier, but the cost of the motor could be more. Thoughts?

#2 ·
Motor swap would cost more. Depending on the vehicle, you may need more suspension or body lift to provide clearance

Axle swaps are simple as pie, just take a while if you do it by yourself.

#3 ·
thats like asking whether its cheaper to take home a nice girl from the bar, or just buy a prostitute to begin with... what would you, theoretically, be looking for?
people spend as much on swaps as they spent on their truck.
ive heard of people spending as much on a set of heads for a motor as i spent on my whole swap (and i think im in the higher end).
not trying to break your balls... but different people value things differently. i would argue that a junkyard v8, done right would be way way way less expensive than a properly done swap; in terms of equivalent strength/reliability.
but then again, ... i dont know. i hate motors. i got a 2.7 so i wouldnt have to worry about it. gears i get... and i got them.

#4 ·
stu said:
I don't plan on doing either of these things, but just out of sheer curiosity, which would cost more?
Here's the very first line in my very first post. I guess you missed it the first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.