: ok... so sue me....

BoostedTurd
10-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Ok... so I am not the most casual member anymore.... but I need help...

Any of you who have been to a wrench-a-thon, or any other kind of labor intensive GtG at my house knows there is always plenty to drink....

I am going to be picking up a timing belt, and all of Toyota's recommended parts next week. I have never changed a Toyota belt, so I may need help, guidance, badgering, or just shit talking in general. I will be looking to do this possibly this coming weekend, but may have to be the 11th or 12th.

Any interest in the above mentioned GtG / wrench-a-thon?????

Let me know!

RedRunnertc
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
For those of us that haven't "been to a wrench-a-thon, or any other kind of labor intensive GtG" at your house, where is it? LOL

Which motor?

BoostedTurd
10-31-2006, 08:16 AM
For those of us that haven't "been to a wrench-a-thon, or any other kind of labor intensive GtG" at your house, where is it? LOL

Which motor?

I am in COS. the runner has the 3.4

DriftinCO
10-31-2006, 06:01 PM
When are you doing this massive mechanical undertaking? I know there are some pretty special tools involved in the process....watched Daryl change out three timing belts on my Toys...is the 4R engine subject to the same water pump problems as the Taco?

Dunno...but I can come help drink beers...well worth the investment to have Daryl do my wrenching...parts at cost and reasonable rate...worth considering...then we can still drink beers at your house...

what is your costume for Halloween? Bronco cheerleader?

tacotoy
10-31-2006, 06:57 PM
i wish i could help but when darryl did mine i was in the process of getting tanked.... but from everything i asked during that sounds fairly straightforward.... special tool you need is just a torque wrench to 250ft lbs. and that is for the crank nut.... just be careful of the radiator fins. i might see if the chica wants to go and make an adventure out of it.... but it depends on work

BoostedTurd
10-31-2006, 10:00 PM
yeah... I am counting on it being a full day job, maybe a second for re-assembly (i like to do things right...) If all I need is a big torque wrench, I got one of those...

I think tear down, and belt will be enough for one day.... then a break out of the beer pong table... Need to dust it off for the Maryland boys coming out next month...

Yes Brian.... your favorite coasty will be here :D

BoostedTurd
11-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok... so I am going to dedicate the weekend of the 18th and 19th for this.... I will have 2 or 3 cases of beer in the fridge.... (case in my world = 24 BOTTLES)

Anything else to drink is up to whoever shows....

just to clear that up
(I know Mike, the mormon isnt around anymore...)

Commutacoma
11-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I have paid Anthony to do mine. It took him maybe 1-1/2 hours, maybe 2.

For me, it was well worth it.

BTW, my new Toyota OEM water pump failed almost immediately due to a slow leak where the spout to the oil cooler comes out. If you get a new pump, check the spout to see if it is seated correctly.

I wound up getting one from Napa and returning the failed pump to Burt.

tacotoy
11-01-2006, 09:55 PM
yeah... I am counting on it being a full day job, maybe a second for re-assembly (i like to do things right...) If all I need is a big torque wrench, I got one of those...

I think tear down, and belt will be enough for one day.... then a break out of the beer pong table... Need to dust it off for the Maryland boys coming out next month...

Yes Brian.... your favorite coasty will be here :D

sorry i forgot all about your garage... you have everything you need.... and im sure if not we can ghetto do it with all the tools you do have. mike the mormon sounds famillar lol.... didn't he have a white xtra cab? that was a long time ago

BoostedTurd
11-02-2006, 10:26 AM
sorry i forgot all about your garage... you have everything you need.... and im sure if not we can ghetto do it with all the tools you do have. mike the mormon sounds famillar lol.... didn't he have a white xtra cab? that was a long time ago

Yeah.... I had added a few (hehe) tools since I was really active in the CoTTORA scene...

Mike did have the xtra white cab.... he was the guy that rear ended me up on Rampart Range...

that was almost 2 years ago....

Also... the maryland boys (my brother and friends) are coming back out in December... I know a few people remember that party

DriftinCO
11-03-2006, 05:48 AM
I wonder who that would be?

BoostedTurd
11-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I wonder who that would be?

sounds like a loaded Comment to me

BoostedTurd
11-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Ok... Update!

Looks like we (AF) have Friday, the 17th off. So.... I am going to start then, and then by Saturday, the first person to show up with parts and beer can get thiers done as well... Lets just say I am looking foward to the drinking more then the wrenching....

DriftinCO
11-06-2006, 05:24 AM
LOL

Coasties..phffffft

Hey, so this whole timing belt thing is delayed to the weekend I'm partying in IN eh?

You guys aren't off this coming Friday for Veterans' Day?

CRAP
11-08-2006, 07:29 AM
I will be there, I would like to see how its done, Is Carlos coming?
Craig