TTORA Forum banner

Noob!!!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  beno 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
Im new to the Land Cruiser scene and still in the process of getting my hands on one. I have been looking like crazy and doing my research at the same time. I have it down to a 95-97 FJZ80 I found one and am going down to look at it to night so I thought this would be a good time as any to say hi and take some opinions and comments on the find!

Couple of questions whats a too high of milege on a Cruiser and what sort of things besides the ones listed on Slee should I look for when looking at the rig?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ors=&transmission=&max_price=25000&cardist=39

Thanks and I hope this one is to my liking! :)

#2 ·
I'd like to know some of the same stuff. I personally would try to take at least $1,000 off the price because of the miles. Also, since it's a dealership, they usually mark it up a few grand so you'll have more room for discounts than with a private seller.

#4 ·
elliot_irwin said:
well that one doesn't have a locker which I'm sure you want .
Well I checked it out! Solid rig, the only thing wrong I could find with it was the fron leather seat by the controls was worn. It does have the locker and runs really well for a vehicle with 160k. Im going down tomorrow to pick it up I will post pics as soon as I get it home!

I cant wait to :saw: and :welder: to make it off road capable!!! :)

Ohh yeah and I got the dealer to go for 10k out the door!

#5 ·
Its off road capable now.....

ScummyTRD said:
Well I checked it out! Solid rig, the only thing wrong I could find with it was the fron leather seat by the controls was worn. It does have the locker and runs really well for a vehicle with 160k. Im going down tomorrow to pick it up I will post pics as soon as I get it home!

But you can always improve things.....Talk to Frankie at Frankies offroad, he is doing some pretty nice things to their suspension....

#6 ·
ScummyTRD said:

If it's the same one pictured, it doesn't have the factory lockers (maybe a center locking diff) but that's it. In the steering wheel picture, the black blank piece of plastic next to the steering wheel is where the locking front and rear diff's switch would be.

#7 ·
TACO 4X4 said:
If it's the same one pictured, it doesn't have the factory lockers (maybe a center locking diff) but that's it. In the steering wheel picture, the black blank piece of plastic next to the steering wheel is where the locking front and rear diff's switch would be.

AWE crap!!! Ohh well I still like the rig...ill have to get ARB air lockers then! Thanks for clearing it up for me.

#8 ·
Congrats.

I would highly recommend that you cruiser over www.ih8mud.com which is the premier LC site on the net. The 80's section over there is very busy and has lots and lots and lots and lots and lots (you get the picture) information about the 80 series.

Congrats and good luck with your modifications.

Best.
-onur
Oberlin, OH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.