TTORA Forum banner

New build, need to locate someone!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CanyonRacerX 
#1 ·
I know this is kinda off topic but I'll find the right kind of people here.

I just got done getting my front end fixed and total chaos installed. It was a journey getting here though. I crashed my truck back in March of this year so I decided instead of fixing it back to 'stock' I'd make it better. I asked around a few people and called a supplier for the kit who recommended Titan Motors to do the "fix" and the install. So I called them up (Titan Motors) and talked to A.J. and the 'owner' back and forth a few times and they were generous enough to come pick my truck up on a trailer and bring it down to their shop for me. They followed me to my bank where I got out $3000 cash and gave it to the 'owner' and was witnessed by A.J. That's where I fucked up. I should have gotten a written receipt.

Long story short this shop that A.J. worked for (Titan Motors) went out of business, the kit wasn't installed but the fenders were removed and the hood semi mocked up, this was back in April/May. The 'owner' met with me a few weeks after he shut the doors and we agreed that he did $1000 worth of work so he owed me $2000, I offered to let him make payments to me each month until it was payed off. He said he'd pay me as soon as he sold some of his equipment. Well now it's November and he is completely ignoring me now and won't return any phone calls, he hasn't paid me a dime. I have talked with my lawyer and he says to file a small claims suit on him but it will be tough because I have no receipt or invoice to prove I gave him the money....except for A.J. He witnessed the money exchange.

I would be more than willing to pay for the day of missed work to testify that you witnessed me hand the 'owner' $3000. It means more to me than just $2000 now. He's a shiiisty crook and I'm not going to let him get away with not paying his debt. He gave his word to me and shook my hand. Please help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I sell bikes, I'll hook you up. I know A.J.'s buddies or maybe roomates with these peeps http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29216&highlight=cantilever . This truck was at Titan a few different times when I was checking up on my truck.

Here's my truck if anyone recognizes it. Please help me, I'm a fellow longtraveler and this $2000 would buy me a rear end. I'll help anyone out with bikes or parts for bikes if they help me out. Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
what happened said:
well if you know where this guy lives ask him if he wants $3000 in damage to his truck or if he would like to pay you what he owes you???
If it was 5 or more years ago then maybe but it's not worth it now. I'm trying to settle this legally without any reprecussions(sp?). If I go after him like that then I'd become the bad guy and I'd probably end up owing him money. Trust me, I'd love to kick this guy in the nuts but I'd rather have my $ back and not let him get away with being a crook. Now if I can't pull a case together against him because of lack of evidence or witness....

Someone's got to know A.J. on this board. It would be a huge help for me to be able to contact him and see if I can get him to write a statement or something, he was the only one that witnessed the money exchange. He was a cool guy, we got along, and he seemed excited to work on my truck (instead of installing fabtech lifts on chevy's all day). If anyone that know's him could just let him know what's going on and show him this thread, I'm sure he'd remember me. Please help a fellow toyota owner. Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.