: grill bumper want you opinion

Tacoark
02-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I bought a 2003 SR5 V-4 extra-cab Tacoma color red/oak in Dec.2004. This is my first Toyota. Having hard time deciding on what grill bumper to get. Don't plan on having winch, so a grill guard would be just fine. I prefer one that I can mount KC lights in the middle. I like that style. Just wanted opinion on what you like? Good place to buy one? Anyone send pics of Tacoma's with the grill guards.

Tacoark
02-18-2005, 12:01 PM
I bought a 2003 SR5 V-4 extra-cab Tacoma color red/oak in Dec.2004. This is my first Toyota. Having hard time deciding on what grill bumper to get. Don't plan on having winch, so a grill guard would be just fine. I prefer one that I can mount KC lights in the middle. I like that style. Just wanted opinion on what you like? Good place to buy one? Anyone send pics of Tacoma's with the grill guards.

Bear
02-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Everybody is going to have their own preferences that may/may not be the same as yours. so I suspect it will be hard for anyone to give you a good solid answer.

With that said, you also have to consider a grill guard type of bumper will most likely decrease your approach angle of the front end of your truck if you are seriously going to do any offroading. Especially if you just go with a grill guard that goes over your stock bumper

If you take that into consideration, great if you want a grill guard. Contact Demello, bent up, Front range or anyone else that is in our sponsors/vendor section. I am sure any of them can do a great job fabbing up a custom or may even have something in stock that you like

Good luck on your quest.

bb609
02-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Consider if you ever hit something with a grille guard, it will likely take out your entire front end. If all you want is something to mount lights on, maybe you should consider a Safari Bar or custom like Domello Offroad.

4xClover
02-18-2005, 12:25 PM
The weight of a grill guard will sag your stock suspension over time. If you are just looking for something to mount lights on, you may want to consider a light bar from DeMello - a Safari Bar is another option, but it will also decrease your approach angle, as will a grill guard - if that's important to you.

4xClover
02-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Damn dude - how many times you going to post this? :-)

Oily
02-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Damn dude - how many times you going to post this? :-)

I now wonder how many times he did. Also, I wonder if he ever got an answer. I saw a link to some billit grilles since I came aboard, let me see if I can find the link. Of course the grille will not let you mount lights so maybe you want a bull bar also.

Bull Bar for the 2005 (http://search.ebay.com/2005-tacoma_W0QQfromZR40QQfromZR9QQfsopZ1QQsojsZ0)

I will look for a grille linky but it is not that hard to do a search. Might even save some time.

Oily
02-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Do an Ebay search with your year model (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7954726055&category=33645)

Use some of the links to TTORA's sponsers. They help support this site and have some good stuff. Even may give you some other ideas of what you might like better.