TTORA Forum banner

2007 - 130 Series Landcruiser info

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Cracker 
#1 ·
Posted elsewhere as well...

Alright people, here is some real information for all the doubters. All based upon the new "F" chassis.

2007 Landcruiser series 130, 4.7 VVT V8, 4.4 V8 twin turbo intercooled CRD diesel (300 HP, 428ft.lbs. torque), or 4.0 VVT V6 (non-us spec only). No word if non-us spec will offer solid axle option...

2007 Lexus 550 (same chassis) 5.5 VVT V8 (alloy)

2007 Sequoia and Tundra Ute (same chassis) 4.7 VVT V8, 4.4 V8 twin turbo intercooled CRD diesel (300 HP, 428ft.lbs. torque).

Link:

http://www.pbase.com/drexx/land_cruiser_news&page=all

#2 ·
I expect Toyota would release the Hybrid version of a Land Cruiser before the Diesel in the US,
the new truck plant in San Antonio is going to give us Toyota truck fans a lot of good stuff to play with...maybe this diesel will be part of the deal?!

as soon as the sulfur standard in the US Diesel changes I expected to see Toyota release a kick ass turbo diesel...hopefully this one will make it to the US market!

#4 ·
Would you pay the $12,000 premium for TD though.

#5 ·
If I was needing a heavy duty rig then absolutely. If not, then I would just use my 4.7 V8 100 series...

The cost of the TD should be inline with the other mfg. to be competative.

#7 ·
That thing looks soooo crappy. Also looks about as capable off-road as a mini-van.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.