: Having fun in the Land Cruiser forum....

beno
11-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Looks like someone doesn't like me.....

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50398

:welder:

Hope you guys and gals are well....holed up here in Akron doing a front end job on a 92 LC....

Best regards....
-onur

RedRunnertc
11-13-2006, 10:50 AM
You both have some valid points, but it seemed to get a bit more emotional than it needed to.

Chris (valkyrie) used to be the parts guy at trdparts4u. He does not have the personality to be involved with customer service, which is a shame (and perhaps why it's "used to be the parts guy") because otherwise, they're a great outfit. Note that they are a HUGE OME/ARB dealer.

He gave me some absolutely incorrect info about my truck too. I believe he (or his wife) has/wheels a LC, but I'm not sure. I would certainly value the opinions of the guys on mud and Slee more than him when it comes to LandCruisers.

I went into Slee the other day (about 45 mins south of here, I was in golden for work anyways) and don't know who I talked to, but he was very nice and quite helpful considering they don't do much for 4Runners.

Full_Tilt_Fud
11-13-2006, 12:25 PM
You both have some valid points......I have some opinions on the suject based on my general experience with suspension systems but I have no experience with land cruisers specifically so I will keep them to myself

As far as Chris as a person.......I have met him / wheeled with him and he is one hell of a nice guy.....or at least he came off that way......he spent one whole day at takeover guiding us stockers and was more than helpfull with spotting / trail advise.

I really think you should take a step back and re-evaluate your generalization about Texan's......i know a few who would bend over backward to help you if they could........my 2 cents

beno
11-13-2006, 12:45 PM
and that only solidifies my view of all ohio's as pussies. :rolleyes:

I was joking.

It wasn't meant in any due respect.

I'll edit the post.

Apologies.

Best.
-onur
Akron, O H

beno
11-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I know who he is which is why I am suprised he was giving information that might not be correct for all applications. To assume you just throw the springs and shocks in and it's all good is, in my opinion, poor judgement.

They do tons of business, I know that too.

I think he might have something against Christo maybe, who knows.

Oh well, it is what it is.

I think it's fun seeing him get all riled up and bent out of shape for nothin....

:lmao:

-o-

purity
11-13-2006, 01:03 PM
I was joking.

It wasn't meant in any due respect.

I'll edit the post.

Apologies.

Best.
-onur
Akron, O H
fair enough. just seemed like you were going behind his back calling him names.

beno
11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
fair enough. just seemed like you were going behind his back calling him names.

No I was just posting here because Chris was making some pretty big assumption about who I am as a person and what I do in my life with regards to me not wrenching on my junk.

I think that is disrespectful on these types of forums where we are trying to get accurate information about our vehicles.

I thought The folks here in the OH section (well, a hand ful of the ones I've met at least) would find it funny....or at least amusing.

;)

Anyway, regardless, he's already got me pinned as to who I am. So be it. He can have his own thoughts.

Doesn't really much matter to me either way!

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Valkyrie
11-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Onur, it's not a matter of disliking or liking anyone, it's about the right information.

You and I will agree to disagree that castor correction is needed for a 2.5" lift... I can live with that. Would it hurt? Absolutley not... especially given the age of the factory pieces and the probability that the vehicle will be wheeled hard. But neccesary? Hardly... the minute change that *might* result is not worth the cost and labor of the presswork IMO.

I wasn't real upset about the difference of opinion, it's the way you stated it, which sounded like someone parroting what they had heard... and having been on MUD then you should know exactly what I mean and how easy it was for me to make the assumption that you were a non-wrencher like 90% of them.

If you like to do it when you work on rigs, fine. My reaction would have been a little tamer if you mentioned from the outset that you actually wrenched on them. :D

The crap about Texas was just stupid...

No worries here, I'll still winch you out and we'll have a beer.

Chris (valkyrie) used to be the parts guy at trdparts4u. He does not have the personality to be involved with customer service, which is a shame (and perhaps why it's "used to be the parts guy") because otherwise, they're a great outfit. Note that they are a HUGE OME/ARB dealer.

I would appreciate if you refrain from speculating about my career, that is how malicious little rumors get started. :shame:

I have a great personality for customer service, just not much tolerance for stupidity on the boards. :p Brian (Nullifier) stopped in Saturday night on the way to Baja just to meet me, I ended up rebuilding his leaf packs that night by adapting a 2005+ Taco AAL for him to carry the extra load... on my time and completely gratis. Furthermore, I haven't given bum scoop to anyone and I have helped out more TTORA people (getting/delivering emergency parts, performing mods and emergency trail repairs and coaching/guiding on trail runs) than you could possibly imagine.

If I was intolerable I don't think I would be going on my third term as President of our TLCA Club.

FYI- I was the Parts Department Manager and almost doubled the sales in 3 years ($600k to $1M+)- by taking care of customers very well. That is why I was chosen to take over and turn around our Collision Center.

Sorry, just wanted the record to reflect the truth, so you now know and can stop speculating. I know, it doesn't make me any less an asshole in anyone's book, but my assholishness wasn't the reason for my promotion (at least I don't think it was). :)

BTW, if you think I'm an asshole, you should have met my old man... :p

SuperPoser
11-13-2006, 08:40 PM
You both have some valid points......I have some opinions on the suject based on my general experience with suspension systems but I have no experience with land cruisers specifically so I will keep them to myself

As far as Chris as a person.......I have met him / wheeled with him and he is one hell of a nice guy.....or at least he came off that way......he spent one whole day at takeover guiding us stockers and was more than helpfull with spotting / trail advise.

I really think you should take a step back and re-evaluate your generalization about Texan's......i know a few who would bend over backward to help you if they could........my 2 cents

~~ Hyjack

Todd,
does MI-TTORA still have a forum?

Angry Andy
11-13-2006, 11:40 PM
BTW, if you think I'm an asshole, you should have met my old man... :p

Words well spoken Chris...

FawK Ohio....they dont know what Ca and TX has to offer...although TX is only good for TRDParts4U......but at least thats one good thing.

Edit me, bitches. But this time have the balls to PM me also. :flipoff2:

:xmoon: :xmoon: :xmoon: :xmoon: :xmoon:

NEV2DEP
11-14-2006, 12:43 AM

FawK Ohio....they dont know what Ca and TX has to offer...although TX is only good for TRDParts4U......but at least thats one good thing.

Ouch thats it! Your off my Christmas card list. :p

beno
11-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Onur, it's not a matter of disliking or liking anyone, it's about the right information.

You and I will agree to disagree that castor correction is needed for a 2.5" lift... I can live with that. Would it hurt? Absolutley not... especially given the age of the factory pieces and the probability that the vehicle will be wheeled hard. But neccesary? Hardly... the minute change that *might* result is not worth the cost and labor of the presswork IMO.

I wasn't real upset about the difference of opinion, it's the way you stated it, which sounded like someone parroting what they had heard... and having been on MUD then you should know exactly what I mean and how easy it was for me to make the assumption that you were a non-wrencher like 90% of them.

If you like to do it when you work on rigs, fine. My reaction would have been a little tamer if you mentioned from the outset that you actually wrenched on them. :D

The crap about Texas was just stupid...

No worries here, I'll still winch you out and we'll have a beer.

Yes, I wrench on my junk. I have my own xfer case out sitting on my bench waiting for new output bearings and output seals.

With regards to the caster bushing for correction: I agree with you. It won't hurt the vehicle to be running either negative or positive caster, especially in off-road situations--generally, who cares there.... ;)

But having had OME heavies, OME J's, and now the Slee 4", the higher you go without correcting for caster (and pinion angle for that matter), the more the road stability of the vehicle will be compromised--especially at high speeds.

I was pulled over recently in my town because the police officer thought I was drunk, when in fact it was lack of correction of caster.

But yeah, in general priniciple, I agree with you. (I have a 20 ton press in my garage for those damn bushings.... :D )

Either way, generalizations about people you don't know I think are couter productive. Regardless if a person wrenches on their junk or not. That's neither here nor there. Common courtesy is generally a good thing (at least that is the way I was brought up thinking).

The fact that you run a business and talk to people that way or treat them that way is disappointing. I hope you are at least a bit more polite in person or when someone is spending $3000 with you.

I appreciate the explanation Chris and I apologize for making a bad remark about where you are from--totally out of form.

I'll throw ya a line too....

See we can all get along as a big happy Toyota family!

Best.
-onur
Oberlin, OH

strap22
11-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Not to stir the pot up again but I would like to say this about Chris. When he and I and Barb decided to pack up our families and move to Texas it was for one reason. We had an opportunity to really step outside the box and explore new and different ways to sell parts. Chris is correct when said in 3 years our Parts dept. grew from 600K to over a million dollars per month in sales. This didn't just happen. It took a lot of hard work and more hours than I care to think abour but the fact is he made the dept. what it is today. Check your fact out about TLCA and you will find he not only is the president of TTR he is the founder and the first non-Land Cruiser chapter in existence. He very well respected by Toyota (TMS) for his knowledge of Off Roading and was instrumental in developing suspension systems with ARB/OME. For those that really know Valkrie they know he would give up anything and everything to help someone in need. His promotion from Parts Manager to Collision Center Director wasn't because he is an Asshole. (I want to think I helped him become one) it was because he is dedicated to whatever task needs to be done. He will become a Master at that too. IMO

strap22
11-14-2006, 02:30 PM
I forgot...... :flipoff2:

Full_Tilt_Fud
11-14-2006, 04:25 PM
~~ Hyjack

Todd,
does MI-TTORA still have a forum?

No.....i don't believe so.....Infact i think I am about the only active member there is from Michigan.

SuperPoser
11-14-2006, 04:38 PM

:xmoon: :xmoon: :xmoon: :xmoon: :xmoon:
PM sent :rofl:

btw,
I know texas has good steak for ~$50, and carthage has no good food :eek: !!!!

Valkyrie
11-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys... Todd, I am as genuine as I was at Takeover- Andy, thanks and :flipoff3: , and wow... Phil even woke up for this one... must be slow over in parts. :D

I realize the error of my ways, so in my effort to avoid misunderstanding and create harmony, the forum masters have been kind enough to add a disclaimer to my posts...

Koom-By-Yah, Ohio :)

SuperPoser
11-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Forum Users Warning:
The opinions expressed above are Valkyrie's and his alone. They do not reflect upon anyone else (i.e. this forum, his employer, his wife, his family or his dog). His posts are likley either an attempt to educate, amuse or ridicule, but they are only his opinions. If you get butt-hurt easily, please place him on your ignore list, as it is quite likely you will find him offensive at some point.
Thanks in advance, The Management.

AWSOME!