TTORA Forum banner

Where to get parts other than Nappa

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Arctic FJ40 
#1 ·
I am new here. But not new to my FJ40. Had her about ten years now. It's a 1970 so I hope I am in the right forum. Get some pic,s up as soon as I can find her in the snow. I am mostly looking for parts suppliers other than Nappa as that is the only game in town. And town is near a hundred miles away on old logging roads. Ya I live in the bush. What better place for an old FJ40 ta play.
All she really needs at the moment is the masters for the brakes and clutch and the clutch slave cyl. Got a 74 parts donner but the fittings wont innerchange. Got about all the hydraulics of it that I could use and rebuilt the rest with nappa kits but they were just to pitted that no amount of honing helped for long. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ya need anything off the 74 just ask.

#4 ·
Arctic FJ40 said:
Thought that was where I was at. Sorry to have troubled you. Guess I will search the web for a more FJ40 Off Road oriented site
Check out www.IH8Mud.com It's the best L.C. forum on the net with a huge for sale section as well as tons of tech help. ....Steve

#6 ·
Arctic FJ40 said:
Thanks SteveO. Checked out your pic's. AWESOME. You are about the only one to respond to me on this site. I will check out the site you gave me thanks again.

Just like any forum, make sure you do a little searching before you post. The 40 section has pretty much every answer to any question in there somwhere. The guys over there are helpful and a little more mature than other forums, or so I've found. The core group here are solid but you've got a large group of young guys trying to make their name here as internet smart-asses so useful posts are a less frequent occurence but they do still happen. Good luck with the 40. ....Steve

#13 ·
If you want new OEM parts, I wouldn't recommend anyone but Dan Busey with American Toyota in Albaquerque.

One of the most knowledgeable crusierheads around and a hell of a nice guy.

He'll also get you what you want, when you want it, the first time around.

Mention that you found him through IH8MUD and you'll get about 20% off or so.

1-800-432-6668 ext. 8.

Also, over $100 and it's free shipping.

I get 90% of my parts from Dan because I trust him and he's never been wrong.

Best.
-onur

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.