: need Skid Plates

dr350jja
11-18-2006, 07:03 PM
I have the 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Bed. Can anyone tell me if they know of a company making steel skid plates for the transmission, transfer case, and the long fuel tank, to fit this truck?? I can't believe that Toyota is not making them; seeing as they have their TRD program and are a major player in off-road vehicle. Just doesn't make sense???

Thanks,
Jim

spindleshanks
11-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I think your best bet may be to have them custom built by All Phase or Armorology here in CO.
Doesn't look like All Phase, Sonoran Steel, or CBI Offroad offer anything for '05 and up model Tacomas on their websites. BudBuilt is known for its skidplates but I don't see anything for '05+s on their website.
I think the TRD OffRoad package trucks were equipped with more skids than your TRD Sport package. You might be able to go straight to Toyota for some of the skids you're looking for. They won't be cheap.

Finally, be sure to search the national TTORA board to find what other members have done with the same situation.

Good Luck!

RedRunnertc
11-18-2006, 08:01 PM
I would call Bud at Budbuilt. They don't show any on the website, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't make them...

http://www.budbuilt.com/new/contact_us.html

Having them custom made at either AllPhase or Armorology is going to be CRAZY expensive (both places do good work though).

dr350jja
11-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have searched the national TTORA board, to no avail. Toyota, the manufacturer, doesn't offer squat! I also noticed that the TRD Off-Road Tacomas are coming with a "plastic" skid plate (more like a belly-pan) under the fuel tank and nothing under the T-case. I did buy the engine/frt diff skidplate from Toyota. This is the same skid plate they use on their TRD Off-Road models.

So far, I have not found one place that offers complete skid plates for the 2005+ Tacoma. That just sucks. I have checked with many companies, such as, Off Road Solutions, 4x Innovations, Stylin Concepts Service, sleeoffroad.com, ToyTecLifts.com, trail-gear.com, SFK Manufacturing, LLC-makers of Skid Row Offroad products, wheelersoffroad.com, and frontrangeoffroadfab.com. WOW, after all that, I guess the only thing to do is get one custom built.

I looked at the ARMOROLOGY website, in Colo. Springs, today. Maybe I'll just have them custom build it for me?

Thanks again,
Jim

dr350jja
11-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks, I'll try BudBuilt.

Guapotaco
01-03-2007, 10:24 AM
try tom at trail carnage as well if hes still around

Lysmachia
01-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I think Allpahse might be currently working on 05 sdkids, so call and ask as well because if they are already designed they will be cheaper...