: Pyeatt Draw...

crawler#976
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
...did it this weekend with 9 other rigs - including a bone stock TJ on 31's.

Lower is a mild 3.0 with some fun side obsticals. Great beginners trail - with much better scenery than the TM or FJ trails. The drive over from Chino was harder than the trail, the beater just don't like extended highway miles...

Upper is a 4.5 with a winch required obstical - if you don't hit it perfect, you're gonna need a winch. The first obstical reminds me a bit of the Hammer's - big ass ledge with deep sand at the bottom. Got the front end up on top, couldn't get any traction to pull it over. The ledge at the pool is nutty - I don't have a winch, so that was that.

FYI - some yahoos cut an exit above the big ass ledge - please don't use it. We attempted to return it to it's natural state. If you can't get over the middle of the big ass ledge, you don't stand a chance in hell of getting over the ledge at the pool. The ledge bypass is easy, but what's the point...

Mark

AZrockbum
11-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Are there any pics from this run? My parents live up in payson and I really want to run it eventually.

seth_js
11-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Are there any pics from this run? My parents live up in payson and I really want to run it eventually.

I'll have mine up tonight.

seth_js
11-20-2006, 10:55 PM
http://seth.phizz.net/adventures/pyeatt_draw_11-18-06/

AZrockbum
11-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Damn that looks fun. I would love to watch people try that big ledge.

FAUX X 4
11-21-2006, 10:57 AM
http://seth.phizz.net/adventures/pyeatt_draw_11-18-06/

I definately need to do this trail one of these days! :kewl:

...........That's a nice FJ40 too!!! :D

crawler#976
11-21-2006, 11:20 AM
yeah, the FJ was real nice - still spring under to boot!

Seth did a real nice job on one of the optional ledges, scrambled right on up and over.

FAUX X 4
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
yeah, the FJ was real nice - still spring under to boot!

Seth did a real nice job on one of the optional ledges, scrambled right on up and over.

I have a real soft spot in my heart for the old FJ's.............I learned how to drive in my dads '78! :D

Looks like you guy's had a nice spread of vehicles out with you (and you still have "the crawler" I see!;))

Don't give Seth to big of a head now, It'll just make T-bob jealous! :)

seth_js
11-21-2006, 11:43 AM

Hey make sure you post up when you go. I want to see you work that last ledge.

FAUX X 4
11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Hey make sure you post up when you go. I want to see you work that last ledge.

It'll probably be sometime this spring after it warms up a bit before I head up there, but an invite will for sure be extended your way! :D

4xClover
11-21-2006, 01:03 PM

You and me both! :cool:

FAUX X 4
11-21-2006, 01:44 PM
You and me both! :cool:

We'll have to plan something for early next year! :D

4xClover
11-21-2006, 02:03 PM
We'll have to plan something for early next year! :D

Okay..sounds good to me! Hey....have fun playing trucks this weekend! :D

FAUX X 4
11-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Okay..sounds good to me! Hey....have fun playing trucks this weekend! :D

I'm sure we'll have a hoot!!! :saw: :welder: :D

4xClover
11-21-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm sure we'll have a hoot!!! :saw: :welder: :D

Make sure you use a tape measure this time..don't want any crooked shit! :rolleyes:

FAUX X 4
11-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Make sure you use a tape measure this time..don't want any crooked shit! :rolleyes:

I think you've got the wrong fabricator..................... ;)

crawler#976
11-21-2006, 02:55 PM
...by "early next year" I guess that means May :D

Once it snows up there, it's over until after the spring melt is done.

It's really wierd weather - 12 degs above normal on Saturday. By mid morning it was tee shirt temp! Soon as the sun dropped behind the hills it cooled of mighty quick tho.

FAUX X 4
11-21-2006, 03:01 PM
...by "early next year" I guess that means May :D

Once it snows up there, it's over until after the spring melt is done.

It's really wierd weather - 12 degs above normal on Saturday. By mid morning it was tee shirt temp! Soon as the sun dropped behind the hills it cooled of mighty quick tho.

OK, maybe not "early" ;)

May/June would be a good time to get out of the soaring temps we will most likely be experinceing down here!.............and that gives me enough time to get my truck ready! :D

2dollah
12-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Cool trail. Mark is right about scenery. As a guy who hunts the hard stuff I didn't find it too hard but if I didn't have 38.5's and duals it would be challenging. Its still a fun trail and the camping that is nearby is nice too. The water ledge is FUN. You feel like you're gonna flop in to the water but there's a big rock that fits right under the slider so rolling isn't even possible. We ran it during a nasty monsoon and that was awesome...except for no doors. A buddy with a 127" wb ranger on 35's made the water ledge only to land on his TRE adjuster and break it. Luckily the token jeep guy was there with tons of spare parts and the Ranger and TJ TRE adjusters are interchangeable.