TTORA Forum banner

coilovers on an 80

8K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  arrowpilot 
#1 ·
has anybody put coilover shocks on a 80 series? is it possible? if so what would i have to do?

#4 ·
You would want Coilovers if you want to take it up to its potential.....

Toyomofo said:
Why do you want coilovers?
An 80 is a serious BA rig when done right, pretty BA right out of the box too.....

Now if you wanted Coilovers to look cool..... :(

But, if you are building a crawling & hauling monster you picked the right rig! :D

#5 · (Edited)
Its been done a few times. I am planning on doing a three link with a panhard bar on the front. The main reason for doing this is to increase travel and correct the caster at the same time. I will be completely removing the ABS gear located on the inner left wheel well do to it. I have already cut out the front fenders to stuff the tires, now to just get more droop.

Mark

#7 ·
stu said:
Mark can you please post some more specs on your rig. Start with what size tires those are please.
:Hijack on: ARB front and Rear, 5.29 gears, Longs inners and outers, Metal-tech sliders, OME J lift, w/ Metal-tech 2" spacers in the front, 37" Iroks, cut front fenders, Stock Toyota Orange paint avlaible only in South America, (N America truck just painted to the OE paint code)

The rest of it is all stock!

Next mod: Full internal cage kit w/ intigrated PRP seats front and rear.

I have a 4bt-a Cummons diesel standing by but that FZ motor runs so well!

Photo on its side in escalator at Moab this year (note the rear corner guard held the weight of the truck and saved the lower body! upper took the dmg as seen in the photo above) :

:Hijack off:

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.