: Skid Plates

roostonu
12-08-2004, 01:12 PM
For those of you have purchased my skid plates, I thank you. The cost of materials is sky high and because of this, I will no longer be making skid plates. I do have a few stock ones left, but once they are gone thats it. I also have a few for the Pro-Comp lift left with the TTORA logo but they don't fit all Tacomas due to a difference in radiators. If anyone is interested in one of the skids that fit the Pro-Comp lift, I will let them go real cheap. You might be able to modify them or adapt them to a different lift if you wanted to do a little fab work, which might be a cheap alternative for a front skid. I have seen Pro-Comp skids adapted to other lifts and mine are 1/8" thick. Again, thanks for the support and I appalogize to the couple of people that recently requested a Fab Tech skid for not being able to get one to you. If prices come down on material I might make them again.

Eric

mudferret
12-08-2004, 01:26 PM
For those of you have purchased my skid plates, I thank you. The cost of materials is sky high and because of this, I will no longer be making skid plates. I do have a few stock ones left, but once they are gone thats it. I also have a few for the Pro-Comp lift left with the TTORA logo but they don't fit all Tacomas due to a difference in radiators. If anyone is interested in one of the skids that fit the Pro-Comp lift, I will let them go real cheap. You might be able to modify them or adapt them to a different lift if you wanted to do a little fab work, which might be a cheap alternative for a front skid. I have seen Pro-Comp skids adapted to other lifts and mine are 1/8" thick. Again, thanks for the support and I appalogize to the couple of people that recently requested a Fab Tech skid for not being able to get one to you. If prices come down on material I might make them again.

Eric
Interested in seeing pics of the skid for stock trucks, don't see any in the eStore.

jtaco1
12-08-2004, 02:09 PM
I would be interested in one for stock.

roostonu
12-08-2004, 04:05 PM
You can see them at www.dmiskidplates.com The prices have changed slightly and the gallery doesn't say which pictures are of which skids, but if you e-mail me at cmm@donalmachine.com I can e-mail pictures of the stock skid replacement. They are 11g(1/8")304 stainless steel. They bolt to all the original holes that the stock unit does and they utilize a center support that bolts to the frame and gives you a 1/4" of steel at center.

BornOnFire
12-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Bump, for an excellent product. I must say, I will be sorry to see them go.

4TACXOMA4
12-09-2004, 10:57 AM

Eric
Dang, that sucks. I was trying to save up for one to use with my Fabtech lift. Your skid plates look really good!

YoTRacer158
12-09-2004, 11:03 AM
i sent you an email a few days ago and never heard back...how many stock skids do you have left?

roostonu
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
i sent you an email a few days ago and never heard back...how many stock skids do you have left?

Sorry if I didn't get back to you. I replied to a few people today. I've had my hands full at work and the couple times i had a chance to check my mail, our server was down. If you aren't one of the people I responded to let me know and I will answer any questions you have.

roostonu
12-09-2004, 03:04 PM
The only way I can make more right now is if there was a group buy of 6 or more and they were pre-paid. Normaly I would have to raise the price again because of the material costs, but if there was a group buy I might be able to keep the price the same. Which is $255-$335 depending on the model. But the group buy would have to be for thew same model skids.

4TACXOMA4
12-09-2004, 06:02 PM
The only way I can make more right now is if there was a group buy of 6 or more and they were pre-paid. Normaly I would have to raise the price again because of the material costs, but if there was a group buy I might be able to keep the price the same. Which is $255-$335 depending on the model. But the group buy would have to be for thew same model skids.
If there was to be a group buy organized, how much would the one be for the FT 6"? Thanks.

roostonu
12-10-2004, 02:15 PM
If there was to be a group buy organized, how much would the one be for the FT 6"? Thanks.
If you wanted to do a group buy for FT6 skids, you could include the TM6 also. They are the same skid but the FT6 requires an additional spacer in the front. They would have to be pre-paid and it would take 3-4 weeks to complete them. So $250 for the TM6 and $265 for the FT6. Now if it takes 2 months to get a group buy together the price of material could change. The profit margin on these skids is only $50 and I split that with Donal Machine. I don't make them for the money, I make them because I like to. This is something I do on the side besides my 2 other jobs. So a group buy wouldn't give much of a price break, it would just allow me to cover manufacturing costs on my own since Donal Machine can't anymore. Usually we make 6-8 at a time and Donal covers all costs until they sell.