TTORA Forum banner

Shoppin fer Shocks

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dorm 
#1 ·
My FJ40 is a 68 (standard suspension/no lift) and Im shoppin for shocks.
REALLY wanted Bilsteins, but only available for the front. So, Rancho5000s are grabbin my attention. How about this? Bilsteins in the front, Ranchos in the back? Toughts? Ideas? Opinions? Let em fly. Thanks.
Chip

#2 ·
i have some pro comp soft ride 1000's i beleve and they are awsome, they perform great

#6 ·
I consider most popular off road shocks as"the arm pit of all shocks". Nothing is higher quality, or works better than Bilsteins on the front, not even a contest. Nothing works better on the rear than the softest shock money can buy (i.e. Bilstein 5100's or Doetsch-Tech MV-12's). Most shocks (and I won't mention brand names) are overly stiff pieces of poo poo that are not even velocity sensitive as their marketing rhetoric implies, and dial-a-ride shocks are not velocity sensitive at all (I guess you just keep turning the knob as the terrain changes???). Only the guys who are doing alot of non-sophisticated wheelin are not complaining about their non-sophisticated shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.