: am I the only one tired of this D....weed?

Bear
02-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Okay, to be honest, I have not done anything to this little boy. I have no idea why he wants to call me out as he is doing. and I am much more mature than my reply indicates, it just made me mad.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=732501#poststop

I am just trying to figure out how I got under his skin to begin all of this. he is definitely on my ignore list, but it still infurates me.

Sorry to post this on your board, but as of now, our board is still in the works.

GOT COPE?
02-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Nope. Stu provides nothing useful. At least Weslytoy was funny.

bradleyem
02-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Hmmmm....thread is gone :confused:

I didn't get to see what was goin' on, but if Stu is involved then just forget it. At best he only provides cheap entertainment, and that was only for the few days that his "I didn't get flamed enough for rolling my truck" thread was going hot & heavy. Other than that he's a waste of internet bandwidth. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll show up at an event such as takeover, THEN there would be some REAL entertainment.....oh, wait, he doesn't have a truck to 'wheel....he rolled it doing donuts :D

OFRD_GRL
02-20-2007, 07:21 AM
threads gone.
Stu..well... yea. i have nothing to say on that matter LOL

Bear
02-20-2007, 07:59 AM
yea! well "it was going to be on!" but one of the mods removed all the derogatory remarks! I only got in one shot and I am sure know one really saw it since it was late last night.

the moron basically took a pot shot at me for no reason. That 007 replied to the idiot's question about what he was posting being a repost. 007 replied with "does a bear shit out of his ass"

and Stu-pid replied back no shit flies out of bears mouth when he argues with me.

Now granted Stu-pid is a moron, and a waste of oxygen, but I haven't made a comment to or towards him since his infamous I haven't been flamed enough…thread.

Yet he takes a deliberate shot at me for no reason. I am sure he was just trying to get a rise out of someone, and I fell for it, but Darn! Don't say something like that and expect everyone to take it laying down.

Although my response was classic, the mods did the correct thing and removed all the derogatory comments that followed, including the "Stu got owned" link.

Guess the fool goes back on the ignore list again…but he should have been banned! perminently this time!

bradleyem
02-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, just so that we can keep up the Ohio tradition of not letting any thread stay on topic :D

I called Boyce yesterday and asked about D60 axles.

Front: $3300 Complete hub to hub with your choice of gears.

Rear: $1450 Complete with your choice of gears.

Detroit Locker: $595

I forgot to ask whether they were with 35 spline axles or not, and if not whether you could order them with and how much.

See Bear, now you've got me thinking D60s again. Screw the cops and their fenders and mud flaps....LOL

I also talked with Mike at ORS about their Tacoma Coilover SAS kit. Info is HERE (http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37571)

Of course I get flamed for bringing up the kit by people who have just put together their shit themselves. I posted the update about the ORS kit because people had been asking about it, and I want to know what all of my options are. If I get my rear 4 link done without issues, I will probably just buy the parts from Ballistic and do the front myself too, but given the horror stories with everyone doing the AllPro kit, I want to know if there is something more complete available, since I don't have the luxury of someone like AJ who can help work around problems that can (and probably will) arise. I'm sure that I'm not the only one....

Bear
02-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Well, just so that we can keep up the Ohio tradition of not letting any thread stay on topic :D

Were these prices shipped? Screw them putting the locker in at their inflated price, order an "open" axle and when it arrives put the locker in yourself. A lot cheaper that way I would imagine.

So is this the way you are leaning now? going with Boyce? I think it is my best option to date.

I forgot to ask whether they were with 35 spline axles or not, and if not whether you could order them with and how much.
You're slacking again! LOL

See Bear, now you've got me thinking D60s again. Screw the cops and their fenders and mud flaps....LOL why do I always get blamed for making people think?:D

I also talked with Mike at ORS about their Tacoma Coilover SAS kit. Info is HERE (http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37571)

Of course I get flamed for bringing up the kit by people who have just put together their shit themselves. I posted the update about the ORS kit because people had been asking about it, and I want to know what all of my options are. If I get my rear 4 link done without issues, I will probably just buy the parts from Ballistic and do the front myself too, but given the horror stories with everyone doing the AllPro kit, I want to know if there is something more complete available, since I don't have the luxury of someone like AJ who can help work around problems that can (and probably will) arise. I'm sure that I'm not the only one....I would't say you got completely flamed on that one. It could have been a lot worse. Besides I think Wes has just been on the rag lately, he hasn't had much nice things to say to anyone.

In regards to you doing your front. do your rear as you are planning. figure out as many "shortcuts" that you can. then get everything ready for the front. Let me know when you are ready to start it, and I will talk my buddy that is basically my head mechanic, to make a road trip with me and we will come help you set up your front. Won't really need a kit that way. you will have three minds wrapped around your set up instead of one feable one.:p

(LIke I really expected this to thread to stay on topic??? Get real!)

NEV2DEP
02-20-2007, 09:41 AM

See Bear, now you've got me thinking D60s again. Screw the cops and their fenders and mud flaps....LOL

Of course I get flamed for bringing up the kit by people who have just put together their shit themselves. I posted the update about the ORS kit because people had been asking about it, and I want to know what all of my options are. If I get my rear 4 link done without issues, I will probably just buy the parts from Ballistic and do the front myself too, but given the horror stories with everyone doing the AllPro kit, I want to know if there is something more complete available, since I don't have the luxury of someone like AJ who can help work around problems that can (and probably will) arise. I'm sure that I'm not the only one....
i know its no way near the as complex as a 4 link but i got my shock relocation for the rear from ORS and was happy with it they seem like they got there stuff together.

Bear
02-20-2007, 09:45 AM
I can't comment on them as i have only their reputation to go by. never ordered from there myself. but as you stated, I have only heard good things.

I know on my solid axle, I looked into a couple of company's bracket kits,but ended up just building my own. To me it was part of the "learning curve" but Eric has a justifiable concern…doing a link set up is far more complex than a leaf set up. If at the time I did my SAS, I would have done a link set up if there was a kit out to take away my fears and self doubt.

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-20-2007, 11:51 AM

Those prices on axles are fucking outrageous.........considering they are all stock shafts and what not........

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh...........and Bear.........I Hate You............hows that for a cheap shot :D

sexy.taco
02-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Nope. Stu provides nothing useful. At least Weslytoy was funny.
X2 :)

Bear
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Those prices on axles are fucking outrageous.........considering they are all stock shafts and what not........

those prices are not really that far out of line, considering everything you would have to rebuild and replace buying a junk yard axle.

and by the way, I hate you to! I feel so used and abused! wha wha wha! :D

Bear
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Stu just tried to take another shot at me on that funny thread about vettes!

RedRunnertc
02-20-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't get Stu - he's REALLY not like that in person...

Bear
02-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Well he is a bung hole on the boards, Don't know what his malfunction is but it is getting old.

I added him to the ignore list once before, but tried to give him a second chance, but you can bank that I won't make that mistake a second time!

I would guess, if it is true that he is really not like that in person, then he is even a bigger worm. Trying to hide behind a key board, that is just weak!

But like I said I am finished wasting time on his pathetic soul. Just pisses me off when I get "blind sided" for no appearent reason. I don't think I have done anything to provoke such an attitude from him. All I know is someone needs to get some reigns on him!

He was trying to be sarcastic in a thread on the take over, saying he wanted to meet me. but I can assure you, he definately doesn't know what to wish for as it would not be a pleasant encounter for him if I was able to go.

blown4runner
02-20-2007, 02:16 PM
I don't get Stu - he's REALLY not like that in person...
I know... he seemed SO normal at Spring Creek... and then the next thing I know he's rolled his truck and is starting to post the "strangest" shit on the national boards... I am beginning to think he has suffered from severe head injuries :confused: :)

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-20-2007, 02:24 PM
those prices are not really that far out of line, considering everything you would have to rebuild and replace buying a junk yard axle.

and by the way, I hate you to! I feel so used and abused! wha wha wha! :D

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then...........cause from where I stand that is highway robbery...........I can go down to the local you pull it yard and grab a rear 60 for 75$........that 1k+ saved will go along ways toward building it..........and when I am done it will be built..........where as the boyce axles are stock crap.......if they were built maybe but for a stock axle that is assinine.

And you are not abused.........you are a ass........that is why I HATE YOU........LoL.

Bear
02-20-2007, 02:52 PM
See there you go, going off half cocked again! we are not talking about rear D60's we are talking about fronts. I agree the rear axle from boyce is a bit pricey, but again if it comes with all the bearings and seals, you are going to be saving some in aggrivation.

If you can pull a front axle for $75, then yea, go for it, I would take four for that price and rebuild them myself, but the fact is you are not going to find a front d60 for that price anywhere in the U.S If you can, snatch it up or as many as you carry and I will buy them from you for the same price you pay.

and yes I am an ass! A smart ass!:rofl:but that is obviously a matter of opinion!

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh hell no.................you are the one going off half cocked.........you wanna talk front 60's..........lets see.......they sell them for the same price as rears.........but I have never found one there...........so we will go with the one I know I can get for 300$...........that leaves me 3k to build it.........I think I could make it pretty dam strong for 3k.........one hell of alot stronger than stock anyways........plus it will be locked.........which adds 600$ to their price so really I have 3600$ to build it...........hell I bet I could put a pare together for less than the cost of their front.

See this is why the price of 60's has sky rocketed.........people pay these prices rather than looking around.....I find them all the time cheap (rears for 100-300$, fronts 500-1000$).........alot of times it involves dragging home an entire vehicle but what the hell.

And I was thinking :asshat: more than smart ass......... :D

PLEASE NOTE: none of my posts were intended to be negative toward Bradleyem...............It just cracks me up when I see people charging and getting high prices like these.

Bear
02-20-2007, 03:54 PM
No, there is the problem with your reasoning. I am not argueing with you. But merely pointing out that when you are in the market for a Dana 60 they tend to become a lot more expensive than you think.

I have been searching for two months now. and the cheapest FRONT dana 60 that I have found (in person and on the net) has been $1200 and that was for a junk yard rust invested housing. You would still have to completely rebuild it which after you do the proper brakes, gears, bearings, seals and knuckles you are back at the price of the Boyce stuff. Plus you would still need to get the locker.

Granted, you might build it a little tougher than what stock is. but honestly, for my application, do you think the Stock shafts are going to be so weak as to snap? Granted if I was adding more weight on top of them, then okay, but having a 302 pushing them with a tire size of 39", I think the stock stuff would be fine to get me started.

We might need to agree to disagree. (which by the way I hate that term…I was forced into a similar arrangement with a certain ex-father-in-law in which I refuse to talk bad about only because he passed away and I do not speak ill of the dead) But honestly, if you can find FRONT d60's for less than say $500 or even say $800. let me know. Dave and I would definitely be interested in buying them. Like I said we have only been able to find them starting above $1000

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I currently have one LH drop 60 that was 300$ but I am keeping that for me.

I know where there is a RH drop 60 with matching 14 bolt rear...........well actually it is an entire 83 chevy 1ton..........drivetrain and all for 1k..........would have to take the whole truck.

There is another guy up here that always has 2-3 for sale in the 800$ range but I have not talked to him lately.

then there is always the one local Junkyard that has lots o crap...........just have to catch them when they are slow and offer to pay cash so they don't have to tell the Government.........you could walk out of there with one for 5-600$

I am not trying to blow smoke up your ass..........you really can find them this cheap........and alot of them are in useable condition.........The biggest thing I can tell you to do is go to the most trashy looking junkyards out in the middle of no-where and offer to pay cash.........You will be amazed what you can buy.

I will do some calling / searching tonight to see what I can find.

99TanTaco
02-20-2007, 04:22 PM
I didn't get to see what he posted but from what I've seen his posts are usually just pointless and/or retarded but so far nothing that really bothers me, but then again I wasn't called out by him

I do have a short list of people that I really think this BB could do without but so far Stu hasn't even made it into the top ten yet

99TanTaco
02-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Stu just tried to take another shot at me on that funny thread about vettes!
probably because you made reference to him earlier in that thread http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost.php?p=732865&postcount=46 :dualing: I see who the real troublemaker here is now :p :D

whats funny is that he went after you but not 007 or Puckerfactor :confused:

bradleyem
02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Were these prices shipped? Screw them putting the locker in at their inflated price, order an "open" axle and when it arrives put the locker in yourself. A lot cheaper that way I would imagine.

No, I don't think that the prices included shipping. I agree, I would just do an Eaton E-Locker anyway.

So is this the way you are leaning now? going with Boyce? I think it is my best option to date.

Yeah, I'm thinking of it..I really do like the idea of having D60 strength, and I think that I could get away with driving it the little that I need to to get to the trails without trailoring it.

You're slacking again! LOL

So, what else is new...I live in Ohio.

why do I always get blamed for making people think?:D

Because I have no one else to blame, and I certainly didn't do it.....

I would't say you got completely flamed on that one. It could have been a lot worse. Besides I think Wes has just been on the rag lately, he hasn't had much nice things to say to anyone.

In regards to you doing your front. do your rear as you are planning. figure out as many "shortcuts" that you can. then get everything ready for the front. Let me know when you are ready to start it, and I will talk my buddy that is basically my head mechanic, to make a road trip with me and we will come help you set up your front. Won't really need a kit that way. you will have three minds wrapped around your set up instead of one feable one.:p

Yeah, I know, he didn't really flame me that bad, and I know that Wes has been on the warpath.

Thanks for the offer to help....it's greatly appreciated. My only concern with the front is getting the geometry right, and making sure that everything is aligned properly. I know that it's always a work in progress, so as long as it's safe to drive I'll be happy :-) And I know that I'd like to get my links and stuff from Jeff at Ballistic.

(LIke I really expected this to thread to stay on topic??? Get real!)

Well, at least you have realistic expectations :D

bradleyem
02-20-2007, 05:36 PM
i know its no way near the as complex as a 4 link but i got my shock relocation for the rear from ORS and was happy with it they seem like they got there stuff together.

Yeah, ORS has a really good rep, and when I talked with them, they said that they have been putting alot of time and effort to make their kit work well. They said that they would have liked to release it earlier, but they want to make sure that it's dialed in. Thera are always going to have to be adjustments when you are dealing with different axles, but I would think that a D60 would be the easiest because of the added width that you would be able to use for brackets, etc. Also I know that some of Chris's issues were due to the fact that he wanted to keep the height WAY down, which limited the room for the links & brackets and adversly affected the angles. I think his truck is a bit higher than he wanted, but it looks good, and isn't too high at all IMHO.

bradleyem
02-20-2007, 05:58 PM
The closest that I have come to finding a desirable D60 front ( f250 f350 from 76 to 84 1/2, high pinion/king pin) has been on car-part.com, and most of them are listed as "call for price" ie: more than you want to pay, and they are listed as over 100 miles away from my location. I won't drive 100 miles to get a part that I can't verify as being what I want and in reasonable condition. I have been to many junkyards close to me, and have not found one. Anything close to resembling a decent D60 is stripped and gone almost immediately.

Really the only "upgrade" that you would have to do to a d60 (provided you get one of the ones mentioned above) would be 35 spline axles. The rest would easily hold up to anything that a truck as light as ours, running 37" or so tires could dish out.

I will say this...if you CAN find me a High Pinion / King Pin D60 front from a 76-84 1/2 F250 or F350 for a decent price and verified to be at least in good rebuildable condition, then I'll buy it and pay a reasonable finders fee.

ugly's ok
02-20-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't now Jew o I mean stu but I don't like him already.

Bear
02-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Sorry it took me all day to get back to this reply.

When doing your front. and if I can talk my buddy into helping, he is pretty good at figuring out all the angles and math issues of my projects. I am sure he can be of service with your geometry.

Even though neither of us has done a link set up yet. I know he has researched every aspect of the set up. the reason I say that is because he is also currently collecting his parts for his rock crawler, which is going to be the evil chevy clone of my toy-ford crawler.

Oh, pssst, I talked to Todd tonight about our axle discussion him and I were having earlier...you might want to be nice to him and see if he will hook you up with a connection or two.

Let's just say, after I talked to him, I got re-motovated as he explained some things to me. (it is not my place to devulge what we talked about on the board, otherwise I would come straight out and tell you)

Bear
02-21-2007, 12:56 AM
psst, just an FYI, I am not wanting a D60 for my taco. I want it for my crawler.LOL

Bear
02-21-2007, 12:58 AM
yea you are right! But he took the first stab last night, yet the whole ordeal was removed before anyone saw it this morning.

He is on my ignore list now and will remain there!

As for why he didn't go after the others...I guess "he just likes me". but he said that he already had "hashed it out with Pucker already" (whatever that means)

Bear
02-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Well Todd, I need to do some Trailer shopping tomorrow. Dae informed me tonight that the truck I was planning on borrowing to haul Levi's truck with won't make the trip, thus also not making the trip for the Chevy either.

I need to check with a friend of mine to see if I can get him to run up for me or at least borrow his tow rig and trailer (although I hate borrowing vehicles) If I can get Chris to help me out, his trailer will hold two trucks easy.

In the meantime though try and get me that other information we talked about tonight.

99TanTaco
02-21-2007, 12:58 PM
yea you are right! But he took the first stab last night, yet the whole ordeal was removed before anyone saw it this morning.

He is on my ignore list now and will remain there!

As for why he didn't go after the others...I guess "he just likes me". but he said that he already had "hashed it out with Pucker already" (whatever that means)
I was just giving you a hard time, but yea I wouldn't worry to much about what he has to say about you (or anything for that matter)

I'd be more concerned with Muddintaco's obsession with you :eek:

Bear
02-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I am not worried about either!

I know you were just razzing me Terry about being the one starting things. But as with anything if you say something on the internet either be prepared to back it up or make your comment perfectly clear.thats all I was doing.

Muddintaco is a kid, he pm'ed me about two months ago asking about the tires I had on my truck. At that time he had lofty ideas of lifting his truck "to the moon" and I told him he was on crack if he thought it was a good idea. Gave him a bunch of options, and since then he pm's me for answers.

Like I said he is a kid looking for answers, some of the guys on the main board must have forgotten what it was like to be 16, young, dumb and full or …well we won't finish that comment! For some reason I have the patience to deal with the younger crowd when they act respectful with their querry's. And this kid was respectful and seemed to be listening to what I had to say.

I must say though I have caught him a time or two regurditating information I gave him in a pm as information he had, and then contributed to the thread. Again, I am chaulking it up as he is a kid! no skin off my nose.

Last night after Texas and 007 tag teamed his ass on his vette thread, I got a pm from muddintaco saying that he was not going to post on TTORA any longer. I can't tell you if he actually left or just got his feelings hurt, but anyway…

tacotoy
02-21-2007, 07:38 PM
have you considered a voodoo doll of stu to solve your problems? just poke his fingers with needles so he cant type stupid stuff on the boards lol

Bear
02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
have you considered a voodoo doll of stu to solve your problems? just poke his fingers with needles so he cant type stupid stuff on the boards lolbest idea I have heard so far!

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-22-2007, 09:13 AM
have you considered a voodoo doll of stu to solve your problems? just poke his fingers with needles so he cant type stupid stuff on the boards lol

forget that............poke the doll in the crotch with needles so he can't reproduce.........one of him is enough.

Bear
02-22-2007, 09:20 AM
:rofl: :lmao: forget that............poke the doll in the crotch with needles so he can't reproduce.........one of him is enough.

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-22-2007, 10:06 AM
For some reason I have the patience to deal with the younger crowd

Could that be because with the sole exception of Dick, everyone on this board is young compared to you............sounds to me like you learned through neccessity :eek: :rofl:

Bear
02-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Just remember you are not too young for me to kick your butt!:D
Just stand still long enough for me to catch up to you!

NEV2DEP
02-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Could that be because with the sole exception of Dick, everyone on this board is young compared to you............sounds to me like you learned through neccessity :eek: :rofl:
:rofl: ding ding round 3

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
:rofl: ding ding round 3

Naw........he still has not got his wind back from round two............when you get old things like that take longer ya know :rofl:

Bear
02-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Naw........he still has not got his wind back from round two............when you get old things like that take longer ya know :rofl:
:xzzz: huh? what? are you saying something, all I hear is some flapping in the breeze, cuz I sure as hell know you ain't try'n to grow a pair to go up against the likes of me! :dualing: :deadhors: :shame:

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-22-2007, 02:04 PM
:deadhors:

I see how it is.........you pick on animals that are already dead so they can't fight back :rofl:

Bear
02-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I can tell you are not from the south, otherwise you would know you never mess with a dead rattler! they still can bite you!

Speaking of rattlers…my momma used to put them the crib with me so I could use their tails as a baby rattle! Thats how tough I was brought up! :lmao:

But no I don't pick on dead animals…but I understand you run vultures off of road kill to steal their meals for yourself :xmoon:

side note to all this fun! I did pm you about the transport situation correct?that I might have an option after all.

Bear
02-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Just so I can totally jack up my own thread here! Joe, need to ask you, are you going to take over this year? Down in New Mexico?

If so I might, and I emphasize might need you to haul something down there for me.

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-22-2007, 02:51 PM
I can tell you are not from the south, otherwise you would know you never mess with a dead rattler! they still can bite you!

Speaking of rattlers…my momma used to put them the crib with me so I could use their tails as a baby rattle! Thats how tough I was brought up! :lmao:

But no I don't pick on dead animals…but I understand you run vultures off of road kill to steal their meals for yourself :xmoon:

side note to all this fun! I did pm you about the transport situation correct?that I might have an option after all.

yeah........I got your message..........i will measure tomorrow.

And I hate to break this to you but your mom was not giving you those as toys.........she was trying to see if you were smart enough to crawl out of harms way.........apparently you were no brighter then than you are now :rofl:

Oh........and no........I am not from the south........you should have gathered that from our phone conversation...........I mean I sound normal.........no goofy accent :D

Bear
02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh........and no........I am not from the south........you should have gathered that from our phone conversation...........I mean I sound normal.........no goofy accent :D
Now y'all jus betta hush now about my southern drawlllll

and snakes are fun to play with, they only sting for a little while!that is if you are man enough to take the first hit!

I just talked to my buddy again, turns out his trailer is his brothers…no problem using it, but he just isn't sure what all will fit on it. We might be okay regardless. I know I have seen one full size dodge (short bed though) on it before with lots of space around it.

Is that ford a long box or short?

NEV2DEP
02-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Just so I can totally jack up my own thread here! Joe, need to ask you, are you going to take over this year? Down in New Mexico?

If so I might, and I emphasize might need you to haul something down there for me.
well i plan on going.just don't know if i'll drive down or fly out and catch ride with somebody.
$600-800 in gas is a hard pill to swallow

Bear
02-22-2007, 03:14 PM
yea my thoughts also, that and I have a lot going on this year and my time may not be agreeable as well.

there is a member down in Arizona that asked me if I could get him some parts from up here. and we were just trying to figure out if there was any TTORA express' going down for Take Over.

It's not even a done deal that I am going to be able to get him what he needs anyway.

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Now y'all jus betta hush now about my southern drawlllll

and snakes are fun to play with, they only sting for a little while!that is if you are man enough to take the first hit!

I just talked to my buddy again, turns out his trailer is his brothers…no problem using it, but he just isn't sure what all will fit on it. We might be okay regardless. I know I have seen one full size dodge (short bed though) on it before with lots of space around it.

Is that ford a long box or short?

It is a long box.

Bear
02-22-2007, 03:32 PM
naturally! so is the chevy isn't it?

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
yes.

I can measure the chevy tomorrow..............Or if you want to know sooner you could always go down to the local WalMart with a tape measure and drive around to you find some similar trucks and measure the yourself :rofl: ............just a thought :D

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-22-2007, 03:38 PM
plus you have a few things going for you...........the chevy is missing the rear bumper which gives you a few extra inches and the Ford is shorter all around do to the whole tree incident :rofl:

bradleyem
02-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, since this thread seems to have been converted to the axle thread I just though that I'd throw out there that I have a friend who is considering selling a GM Corporate 14 bolt axle. It has 4.10 gears, he said that all of the seals were good and there was no metal in the gear oil. The yoke was broken, but he has a new one to put in it. He said that he'll take around $80 for it. I was considering buying it, as 14 bolts are stong as hell, but would probably have to be shaved. It wouldn't be a big deal if I was running 40" tires, but I'm trying to keep between 35 and 37". If anyone is interested let me know.

ugly's ok
02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
this is BS i dont under stand this chit http://tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60429 just read this people suck

Bear
02-23-2007, 07:56 AM
I am definitely interested as long as the price doesn't go up! For the rig I am looking for axles for, it being unshaved is not going to be an issue. I will be running 39.5" tires, basically 40's so yes I am definitely interested!

How long will he hold it? I might be making a run to Ohio in the near future (springish) if he can hold it.

Why don't you pm so we can talk about the details and such?

Bear
02-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Oh how times have changed! It used to be TTORA would have immediately tried to help that guy, now they egg him on with misinformation to see how long they can keep it going!

It was funny in a sick sort of way, but painful to read in another!I wonder how missed the beginning of that thread? I guess I need to stay on the boards a bit more. ;)

Bear
02-23-2007, 08:16 AM
yes.

I can measure the chevy tomorrow..............Or if you want to know sooner you could always go down to the local WalMart with a tape measure and drive around to you find some similar trucks and measure the yourself :rofl: ............just a thought :D
My walmart is more "upper class" than your typical hillybilly heaven! we drive duelly's more than anything else, with smoke stacks and such! Seems to be more dodge than the other two man. as well."D

and I figured the ford was "shorter" now that was the main reason I thought you should get the measurements.

99TanTaco
02-23-2007, 05:38 PM
this is BS i dont under stand this chit http://tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60429 just read this people suck
I think that whole thing is fake, I'm think that it's a veteran member who took on another personality to have fun and stir some shit up. I've got a few suspicions on that one

But if it's real what sucks is that it is in the Newbie Tech (flame free zone) where that type of behavior is not supposed to be allowed.

bradleyem
02-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I think that whole thing is fake, I'm think that it's a veteran member who took on another personality to have fun and stir some shit up. I've got a few suspicions on that one

But if it's real what sucks is that it is in the Newbie Tech (flame free zone) where that type of behavior is not supposed to be allowed.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I think that Wes is developing multiple personality syndrome.

RedRunnertc
02-23-2007, 08:11 PM
I feel sorry for Ted .... who REALLY is a nice guy!

GOT COPE?
02-24-2007, 02:52 AM
Damn that turned out funny :D I agree, FAKE.