: help

skoaq
02-21-2007, 06:38 PM
i need someone that has a 83 toyota or at least a truck with a 22r that is near san luis obispo. i lost spark on my trip back home to sacramento in paso robles and my truck has been in there since friday night. ive tried many things but cant seem to figure out my problem. replaced distributor because it was bad but didnt do the trick, i tested my coil and it tested good then ended up buying a new one anyways to make sure it wasnt my problem, and i also got a ignitor from the junkyard put it in and it still didnt fix it. ive tested all the wires leading to and from my ignitor for breaks and still havent found my problem. so what im thinking about doing is maybe swaping an ignitor or a ecu from a running truck to see where my problem is. this shouldnt take to long and would help me out greatly. if i cant find someone to help me this way maybe someone could at least come up and give me some pointers on what else could have gone wrong. thanks for reading my incredibly long thread, and i hope i can find someone that can help me, scott.

Wes
02-21-2007, 11:46 PM
83's have ECUs?

skoaq
02-22-2007, 07:09 PM
yes they do have ecu's its kind of a pre-computer. it stands for emmisions control unit it is located on the driverside below the fuse box.

Jeff.
02-22-2007, 10:39 PM
it stands for emmisions control unit

It does? :eek: Oh my god!

NorCalTaco
02-23-2007, 09:21 PM
It does? :eek: Oh my god!
you were drunk when posted this huh?

skoaq
02-27-2007, 06:53 PM
so no help huh?

Jeff.
02-27-2007, 11:52 PM
you were drunk when posted this huh?

I don't think so. It's from Super Troopers. You should know this, man.