TTORA Forum banner

Timing?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SteveO 
#1 ·
I just installed a Pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil and am wondering if I need to adjust the timing because of it? I searched and posted on Mud but haven't gotten a response so I thought I'd throw the question out here as well.

Side note: The truck seems to run a lot smoother, idles better and doesn't hesitate like it used to running a points type ignition. Seems to me like the mod was well worth the money and it was an easy install even though I had to pull it apart a second time after forgetting to put the magnet on the dizzy shaft. Turns out it won't start without spark. :rolleyes:

Big thanks to Tyler (Showstop) for running all over the LA area to pick this stuff up from a shop that doesn't take Paypal or credit cards and won't ship to Canada. .....Steve

#3 ·
jimbo74 said:
go ahead and time it anyways, it wont hurt it.
I'll probably have a look at it over the weekend and see where it's at. Took it out for a rip today in the cold with no doors, top and the windshield down and it runs like a new machine. Other than not being able to feel my hands or face it felt great to have it out and drive it. It's noticeably smoother and has a little more power. Very impressed with the kit. ....Steve

#5 ·
I keep saying, you should come up here and see what real cold weather snow wheel is about. I'll drive the truck and you can take the 40. Bring warm clothes though. :D

Thanks again for picking that stuff up, I'm sure it was a huge pain in the ass but I appreciate it. ...Steve

ShowStop said:
Good to hear my efforts were not in vain. Now send me some snow, I want to go snow wheeling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.