: What lift for 3"

tumor
03-07-2005, 12:28 PM
i have own a few toyota trucks before but never lifted them. What brand should i go with for just wanting to pose don't want to spend a lot of money don't want to many complications. 2" to 3" is what i am looking for and smooth ride. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

toyotaman21
03-07-2005, 01:43 PM
i have the revtech and like it but i'm sure you'll get 4,000 post replying to tell you to go buy a cornfed spacer lift i think they're both good, i personally have the revtech and like it

jtaco1
03-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I just installed a full OME suspension and am loving it over teh TRD POS that I had before. I got everything used, so the total price was under $500. It is awesome, I no longer have axle wrap and the truck doesn't jump all over the place like it used to do.

synovus
03-07-2005, 02:16 PM
i have own a few toyota trucks before but never lifted them. What brand should i go with for just wanting to pose don't want to spend a lot of money don't want to many complications. 2" to 3" is what i am looking for and smooth ride. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Here's a suggestion... read through a variety of posts in the suspension folder, and run some searches. Learn about what lifts are available and which will suit your needs, then make a decision, rather than expecting people to hold your hand and tell you what to buy. Not trying to be a jerk, but your question is asked at least one a week, if not every couple days. People are much more inclined to help people who help themselves by looking for information on their own before asking questions.

That being said, for a smooth ride, go with a coilover lift, such as SAW's, Kings, Camburgs, or Donahoe's. To maintain a smooth ride in the rear, go with either new leafs or lift shackles... and of course new shocks of the appropriate length. Bilstein 5100's and 5150's ride nice. For something that doesn't cost a lot of money, go with a spacer lift (Cornfed, Toytec, Revtek, etc.) and a block or AAL or shackles in the rear with cheap shocks, such as Rancho 5000's or Pro-Comp 3000's.

Or just do a body lift and keep the stock ride.

soundstudio315
03-07-2005, 02:52 PM

Search function is going to be your best friend. But I have 3"cornfed with the AAL in the rear it's pretty stiff on my 02 4x4 trd. If you want it to ride nice with a lift I think it may fall out of your budget range. Goodluck let us know what you get.

jbstrd
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I have a Revtek 3" spacer lift w/ blocks (I KNOW I KNOW) in the rear for now. I have had it over a year and am very happy with it. I do mild to moderate wheeling and it has held up fine. If you don't plan to do hard core wheeling this type of lift is for you. My ride is very similar to stock since I am running the Bilstein 5100's in the rear. The blocks are not the best choice however because they create wheel hop when you are in loose gravel, sand, or snow.

The Shocker
03-07-2005, 08:33 PM
This is the best I have seen so far.

Check it out!

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=137&c=10

tntaco
03-07-2005, 09:54 PM
i got the toytec kit......its low cost and i love it. probably not the best on the market but it does the trick just fine for me

x0ffr0adtac0x
03-07-2005, 10:00 PM
well i have a camburg long travel kit with saw racerunners, and this setup is sweet....but gets you in your pocket. i would recommend coilovers for the smooth ride, possibly with some uniball a arms. spacers will give something close to factoy ride (little stiffness but not that noticable). it just depends on what you want to do with your truck: mud boggin, prerunning in the dezert, show truck, the type of truck you want will ask for different set ups.

98 Taco
03-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Tumor, where are you located?
3" front suspension, adjustable coilovers from Camburg(SWAY-A-WAY)!!
rear, custom leaf pack and extended length shackles
good luck choosing, all option are worth exploring

lewlew
04-05-2005, 06:06 AM
look into toytech or cornfed they are very good but like they said toytech are a lil cheaper and better service

Valkyrie
04-05-2005, 07:15 AM
After reviewing the options on the link posted above, perhaps a little more about your truck (TRD or not), and how you intend to drive it (how much offroad, what typte of terrain, anticipated load, etc.).

Do not put a spacer on TRD Springs or you'll be as sorry as the guy above...

lewlew
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
After reviewing the options on the link posted above, perhaps a little more about your truck (TRD or not), and how you intend to drive it (how much offroad, what typte of terrain, anticipated load, etc.).

Do not put a spacer on TRD Springs or you'll be as sorry as the guy above...

He is wright dont put them on a TRD spring mine is not a TRD.

tumor
04-05-2005, 01:00 PM
what will happen if i have trd coils? will it sag to much right when i install the spacers or over time it will sag quicker than non trd coils? plese help i know these are stupip questions but i just want to do these once and not a few times becuase the coils gave out. i do have a trd and but not to much offroad just want a nice stance with it and maybe a run around the farm dirt road type of deal and dump run only. should i pick up some non trd coils?

soundstudio315
04-05-2005, 03:21 PM
I mentioned my setup earlier, been running the spacers on the trd coils for about a year now. I was also warned about using the tRd coils, what I learned is that they are progressive springs so they are going to be stiff when you add the spacer. I don't have anything to compare it to other than the stock ride. I don't wheel hardly and just wanted the lift/stance. I'll say the susupension does feel stiffer. Does bother me? Not really, but then I don't wheel where suspension is your going to be your best friend. Maybe once these springs start to sag and need to be replaced I'll get the non-trd springs (the linear kind). Hopes this helps, I think you'll be fine...

gary briggs
04-08-2005, 09:19 PM
a spacer is a spacer is a spacer, you can get a spacer aal and diff. drop for around 150-200 bucks on ebay go ebay my man

spill_02
04-08-2005, 09:23 PM
heres some help with coilovers
http://www.off-road.com/toyota/projects/tacoma/coil_over_compare/index.html
for the rear you can always do an aal or a custom pack and some good shocks such as bistein 5100, but as stated above you have to find what you like

yotoder
04-08-2005, 10:49 PM
i got cornfed and love it nopobs at all

RedOh3
04-08-2005, 11:45 PM
I have the revtek 3 inch lift, love it, rides great. 450 bones and easy to install

NorCal4life21
04-09-2005, 02:00 AM
go with cornfed, the dude is hella nice and will help you with anything. i got mine for my prerunner 280 all together. i get it 8 days after i ordered, so shipment is allot better for them now.