: Prayers needed

OFRD_GRL
03-01-2007, 07:47 AM
OK I have a favor to ask you guys... as most of you know my mom went through breast cancer this year. Well a couple days ago I just got news that one of her sponsors (a woman who also had breast cancer and survived, who was support for my mom) just got diagnosed with liver and bone cancer. They started her on Chemo right away because her liver is so swollen they couldn't even operate. She is on a morphine drip and in huge amounts of pain.
This woman really helped my mom through some REALLY hard times and I appreciate everythign she has done for my family.
So if you could keep her in your prayers I would really appreciate it.

Im going to see if there is anything I can do... I know she is going to need a bone marrow transplant, so I think I am going to see if I am a match for that.. that way if no one in her family is, that maybe I can help.

Thanks guys.

OFRD_GRL
03-01-2007, 10:17 AM
My mom just sent me this email...
Dear Una,
I just heard that the Cancer is spreading fast and Jane is dying. Say some prayers, but it will take a miracle.
Love Mom.

wow.. that really sucks... im trying to see if im able to get into the hospital to see her.. im a mess right now. im not really close to her but i know how much she means to my mom and she is such a compassionate woman... im going to leave work early if i can get into the hospital.

Froggygirl
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll say prayers. I went through the whole cancer thing with my dad. It is all very sad. :(

OFRD_GRL
03-01-2007, 11:42 AM
thanks Steph!

NEV2DEP
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I'll say prayers. I went through the whole cancer thing with my dad. It is all very sad. :(
x2

OFRD_GRL
03-01-2007, 11:49 AM
thaks Joe!

RedRunnertc
03-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Bummer deal. My prayers are with your mom and her friend ...

ugly's ok
03-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Sorry for the bad news hope your prayers are heard.

SuperPoser
03-01-2007, 06:33 PM
likewise

ohio03trdtaco
03-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I am not good with all this stuff, but good luck and just remember doc's aint always right.

OFRD_GRL
03-01-2007, 07:12 PM
well... my mom and I got to the hospital about 6:15 i think.... Jane died 45 minutes before we got there....
my mom is pretty tore up.. and i cant lie im not in the best emotional states either.
im upset i didn't get to tell her thank you... and let her know how much i appreciated everything she did for my mom and my family....
i honestly didnt think i was going to take this as hard as i did/am...
i feel so bad for my mom too because Jane was her light at the end of the tunnel, they talked every day during my moms treatment.. without her i don't know how my mom would have made it through her treatments.
she was only 46 years old.. left behind 3 kids and a husband...
she deserves sainthood if you ask me.. she will be missed :(

ohio03trdtaco
03-01-2007, 07:20 PM
well... my mom and I got to the hospital about 6:15 i think.... Jane died 45 minutes before we got there....
my mom is pretty tore up.. and i cant lie im not in the best emotional states either.
im upset i didn't get to tell her thank you... and let her know how much i appreciated everything she did for my mom and my family....
i feel so bad for my mom too because Jane was her light at the end of the tunnel, they talked every day during my moms treatment.. without her i don't know how my mom would have made it through her treatments.

I don't know how to put it any other way besides that sucks. Sorry for the loss.

ugly's ok
03-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't know how to put it any other way besides that sucks. Sorry for the loss.x2

BIOHAZARD
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
You got it doll! :kewl:

RedRunnertc
03-01-2007, 10:00 PM

tell her - she'll hear you

Jane is in a better place now, free of the pain finally.

Shakerhood
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM

My Prayers are with You and your Mom and Janes Family. Dont be upset that you did not get a chance to thank her as I am sure that she knows!

SuperPoser
03-02-2007, 05:56 AM
sorry una,
take care of yourself and mom

Jeebs01
03-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Feel better, she knows you and your family appreciate it.

OFRD_GRL
03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
thanks guys.. :)