: snow run this weekend?!

83toy
03-14-2007, 03:46 PM
i was just seeing is there was anyone in the local placerville,sacramento,tahoe area who wanted to take a day trip to eagle lakes trail.its a fun trail if yuo have a decent lift and a locker.

let me know

thanks david

Wes
03-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Check the national board; PAST EVENTS ;)

sexy.taco
03-14-2007, 05:18 PM
haha... he missed the drama-fest!!!! :rolleyes: :)
Eagles Lakes snow run (past event) (http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62293)

83toy
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
hey i did not miss the stuckfest of stock trucks. i made it through with barley a tire slip. i had a prepared vehicle that belongs on trails like that. i had that 83 dark grey clean pickup. this trip is for capable trucks with capable drivers only. i know this is a club for everyone but i think someone needs to put a foot down and have some basic requirments to go on trails along with and order at which trucks take on the trail first. there were some people up there that had no business being there. this is my own opinion but i think it is a great club the best one i have found that does alot of runs, some things need to change that would make it a much more productive and enjoyable trip. feel free to give your opinion.
david

sexy.taco
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
I remember you! I agree... and I don't think that you are the only one who shares those sentiments... I am sure you got the jist of that from the long posts pertaining to that subject on that thread!

83toy
03-14-2007, 06:57 PM
ya i am sure. even thought there were some long waits it was a pretty sweet trail that i will continue to do.

santacruzt100
03-14-2007, 09:14 PM
i was just seeing is there was anyone in the local placerville,sacramento,tahoe area who wanted to take a day trip to eagle lakes trail.its a fun trail if yuo have a decent lift and a locker.

let me know

thanks david

was this you?!http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/nickspeed1/Eagle%20Lakes-Stuckfest%2007/P3101093.jpg

if so that's a sick truck!! was that jeep cherokee with you? http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/nickspeed1/aan.jpg
cause he said he wasn't locked front or rear, and had 32" a/t.......the trail should be pretty good now.

sexy.taco
03-14-2007, 09:51 PM
ya i am sure. even thought there were some long waits it was a pretty sweet trail that i will continue to do.
Well the people who camped had a completely different outlook on how the trail run did compared to the people spending hours trying to get certain trucks unstuck. All of us who camped had a wonderful time... :)

sexy.taco
03-14-2007, 09:52 PM
if so that's a sick truck!! was that jeep cherokee with you? http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/nickspeed1/aan.jpg
cause he said he wasn't locked front or rear, and had 32" a/t.......the trail should be pretty good now.
He was with the silver Taco with the stock bumper... they camped out

83toy
03-14-2007, 10:38 PM
ya that was me, so is anyone down for a day trip? i can never get enough wheelin. man i shoulda camped.

santacruzt100
03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
I wish i lived closer to tahoe cause then i'd be right there with you!! But i can't this weekend....the next week i have available is april 9th..spring break!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll go that weekend

TACO 4X4
03-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Well the people who camped had a completely different outlook on how the trail run did compared to the people spending hours trying to get certain trucks unstuck. All of us who camped had a wonderful time... :)

Just curious, were you guys able to make it to the lakes? even driveshaft? or better yet down to the river to camp?

sexy.taco
03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
We made it to the campsite below driveshaft hill... nice campsite! :)

sexy.taco
03-15-2007, 10:21 AM
ya that was me, so is anyone down for a day trip? i can never get enough wheelin. man i shoulda camped.
Angry's girlfriend is coming over this weekend, we're out! :o

and yes you should of camped ;)

83toy
03-15-2007, 03:41 PM
ya if i cant get anyone to go this weekend id be down for a trip during easter break. if i go i want to try and maek it all the way to the lakes.

Wes
03-16-2007, 03:46 PM
x3- you shoulda camped.

Would love to go but shit it costs a fortune in gas, etc. Need to give it a couple weeks to get some work done, then I would be down. Especially if camping involved. Gotta wrench the next two.

83toy
03-16-2007, 06:08 PM
well i guess i will have to try and plan this trip in the next couple weeks or so.