: Rear lift question

Zintradi
03-11-2005, 10:14 AM
I got the cornfed 3" lift kit with the procomp aal.
It also came with the procom es 3k shocks.
THose shocks really rattle my brains and i want to go back to the stock bilstiens.
So my question is,
since I used an AAL instead of a block for my lift, I should be able to use the stock size Bilstien shock. The AAL does not increase the range of travel that the axle can do.
It seems as though its the same difference between an in the coil spacer and an over the top spacer for up front.
am I right or full o' crap?

Lagarre
03-11-2005, 11:02 AM
As long as your AAL lift is 2" or less you should be fine with the Stock length bilsteins.

01tacoboy
03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
You will severly limit your down travel running stock shocks. With the aal you have already used up 3" of shock extension. When I did my first lift (revtek), I had to wait for shocks. The stock would not even bolt back up. I had to put about 500# in the bed to squat it down enough to use the stockers until I got the new ones. Just get yourself a set of Bil 5100s and be done with it.

Zintradi
03-11-2005, 02:07 PM
You will severly limit your down travel running stock shocks. With the aal you have already used up 3" of shock extension. When I did my first lift (revtek), I had to wait for shocks. The stock would not even bolt back up. I had to put about 500# in the bed to squat it down enough to use the stockers until I got the new ones. Just get yourself a set of Bil 5100s and be done with it.
Do you know what part number that it is i need to get?
I have an '01 xtracab
I checked bilstiens website and they only have a part number for 95 and older trucks... will those work on mine?