: street scene mesh grill installed...

low~no~more
03-12-2005, 08:30 AM
I didnt know where exactly to post this but, I just installed a mesh grill from "street scene" on my 04 Taco and took about 5 min. to install. this is my second one, the only problem I have with them is that they are made from pretty thin aluminum, I had a pigeon fly up on me while driving my old truck, I clipped it and the bird put a pretty decent dent in it. they can be installed with out cutting the grill making it that much easier.
based on how thin they are its nice to have the stock grill behind it just in case. to install it its just a bunch of clips that slide on. I bought it from http://www.performanceproducts.com (you might need to order the free catalogue to see the grill ,I dont know if its on the website) for about $150 including shipping to Mi. I'll post some pics eventually checkout this link for some pics of it on my old truck http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dark_toyz/my_photos

EnolaGaia
03-14-2005, 07:51 AM
One thing I never quite understood about the Street Scene grilles is how the clips work. Do they secure the grille (overlaying the OEM grille) well? Do they scuff the OEM grille?

low~no~more
03-14-2005, 04:12 PM
they look like Ace bandage clips kinda they are u shaped with some little teeth at the end that "bite" into the plastic behind the stock grill ,they give you so many after you put them all on its kinda hard to get the thing off without destroying it, this is my second one and installation is a breeze the first one I took off and did it in my living room in about 20 min. thats taking it off the truck and putting it back on, this time around I did it while the stock grill was on and the only problem I ran into was not being able to get 3 clips in, they also have a hood latch extender that seems to be new (didnt have one on the first grill) I didnt install that you can still crack the hood and get your fingers in to move the latch, unless you have Andre the Giant hands