: Newbie tire pressure question(try not to laugh too hard)

ChickenSoftTaco
03-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Try to hold your laughter in ;) ,
so I am at the air filling station , with my truck(just got it last week :D
I have Bridgestone dueler H/T 265/70/r16 and it says max pressure 44psi on the tire) on the inside of the door to my truck it says 26psi on the fronts and 29psi on the rears, A really nice guy pulls up next to me (insert cheap shot right here) in a sweet silver TRDV6taco, all the bells and whistles and asks what I am filling the tires to, so I say "44psi" (like I know what I am talking about) and he says to "go with what it says on the inside of the door, I am a mechanic" and I go with what he says and drive off. Oh P.S. I am also trying to save money on gas too. Thank you

Mike
03-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I have Bridgestone dueler H/T 265/70/r16 and it says max pressure 44psi on the tire) on the inside of the door to my truck it says 26psi on the fronts and 29psi on the rears, A really nice guy pulls up next to me (insert cheap shot right here) in a sweet silver TRDV6taco, all the bells and whistles and asks what I am filling the tires to, so I say "44psi" (like I know what I am talking about) and he says to "go with what it says on the inside of the door, I am a mechanic" and I go with what he says and drive off. Oh P.S. I am also trying to save money on gas too. Thank you

Go with whatever it takes to get a flat tread pattern. Unless you have tons of weight in your bed, 44PSI is way too high.

Later,
....Mike

jon_7248
03-12-2005, 01:12 PM
If you want to same gas money, then just fill them with helium. That will make the tires lighter and more economical. However, if they get hot enough and burst... you have problems.

I wonder if helium would even make a differance in economy. I know ride quiality would be pretty bad since they probably cant control as well on turning and the like.... always fun to try :)

BTW, I hope you know im not seriuos.

TRD SyRuP
03-12-2005, 02:24 PM
yeah doing that..and hitting a water pit...hmmm..kinda like the way i always wanted to replace my headlights with strobe lights so it would look like im the only one moving..

jon_7248
03-12-2005, 02:54 PM
yeah doing that..and hitting a water pit...hmmm..kinda like the way i always wanted to replace my headlights with strobe lights so it would look like im the only one moving..

Stobes.... nice touch. That would make for an interesting late night street hockey game. "You cant get me... you cant get me...."*WAM!* "ow, my teeth!"

camaddy
03-12-2005, 03:26 PM

Hey man. I have a V6 extra cab and I have found that my tires are about right at 32 PSI front and 30 rear. The 26 and 29 as speced on the door is fine, but you'll get a little better fuel economy with more pressure. The ride will suffer a little bit too though.

ChickenSoftTaco
03-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.