: clutch replacement near glenwood springs

grntrdtaco
04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
hi,

wondering if anyone knows of a good place to replace a clutch near glenwood springs / basalt/ etc... that wont cost me 1200+ dollars..

I could probably figure out how its done.. (I have everything i need to do it.. floor jack.. air tools.. etc.. ) but I bet it would take me 2x as long as its supposed to and thats a bit too long... + a big job to tackle when I dont really know what i am doing.. and i dont really have a place that I can do it at the moment

thanks
thomas

DriftinCO
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow...that's a whole bucket load of problems to overcome. Rich, Craig and I have experience replacing a clutch on a concrete floor in a cold shed on New Year's Day...if you're looking for a mechanic, I recommend BlownTaco.

grntrdtaco
04-05-2007, 06:58 PM
i pretty much came to the conclusion that I would jsut have someone do it...

I have another car that I drive to work everyday so I am not really concerened how long the truck is down for. just trying to get it ready for some trips this summer.. rebuilding the suspension this weekend

thanks for the suggestion I will try to get in touch with him.

t

-----edit-----
dont really have the time to take this all the way to denver to get it fixed.. thats 8 hours round trip for me.. still searchin for something more local

Lysmachia
04-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Hmmm... PM guapotaco, fjcruzer, jade, and hawkonthewing all of them live up near you and might know a good mechanic! But as Brian said a great one on the front range is BlownTaco!