: Were to have gears installed?

pulser
04-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Well lets try this agen I need a shop in the fort collins or loveland area to get gear sets installed. Any one know of a good place?

Lysmachia
04-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Oh Snap. I know an excellent guy in westminster - and then there is always All Phase in longmont. There is a 4x4 shop in the fort but I can't remember the name and I am not sure if they do installs. Anyone?

pulser
04-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Does any one know of the FJ shop over buy JAXII does tacomas? Or do they just restore old FJs?

colorado125
04-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Does any one know of the FJ shop over buy JAXII does tacomas? Or do they just restore old FJs?

Hey Bob, I think they do all Yotas, they were even going to do the work on the clutch in my Jeep. My brother has done stuff with him on his FJ40's. And Bob's talked to him also. My gears and driveline stuff on my Jeep was done at Xtreme Engineering (the owner is Nick). He does good work, but not sure of his prices on Taco gear installs. Stay away from Fort Collins 4x4 (didn't have a good experience, and hear alot of the same). Or maybe check out what Bullhide will do by the Nissan dealership on the south side of town.

And side note, you up to play some pool again sometime?

pulser
04-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey Bob, I think they do all Yotas, they were even going to do the work on the clutch in my Jeep. My brother has done stuff with him on his FJ40's. And Bob's talked to him also. My gears and driveline stuff on my Jeep was done at Xtreme Engineering (the owner is Nick). He does good work, but not sure of his prices on Taco gear installs. Stay away from Fort Collins 4x4 (didn't have a good experience, and hear alot of the same). Or maybe check out what Bullhide will do by the Nissan dealership on the south side of town.

And side note, you up to play some pool again sometime?

Cool thanx. Yea i would be up for some pool on a friday or saterday night.

pulser
04-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I just talked to the guy at the FJ place and he really dosent want to do it. He wants $600 to set the rear and $700 to set the frount. And thats if i get the gears and instal kits. :eek:

RedRunnertc
04-17-2007, 02:51 PM
If you can have the truck down for a week or so, ZUK is the best guy in the country for Toyota thirds:

www.gearinstalls.com

pulser
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
If you can have the truck down for a week or so, ZUK is the best guy in the country for Toyota thirds:

www.gearinstalls.com

thanx but no way i could have it down for more then a day. Its all i have to drive and i cant take that kind of time off of work.

colorado125
04-17-2007, 03:23 PM
thanx but no way i could have it down for more then a day. Its all i have to drive and i cant take that kind of time off of work.

"The Shop" in Loveland would be worth calling (970-663-0390), or Michael at Choice City Auto Repair @ 970-484-2227.

Just a few other possibilities.

MarkH1121
05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Not trying to thread jack here, but are there ANY reliable, reasonably priced shops up north here(Loveland, Fort Collins, Greeley, Longmont) that can do extensive work on Toyota's?(Gears, lifts etc.)
Thanks for any info. I'm inching closer and closer to getting a Taco and am planning some extensive mods immediately.
Thanks!
Mark

RedRunnertc
05-21-2007, 06:57 AM
AllPhase in Longmont has done good work for Molly and me.

But for MOST things, just post up and there will be people willing to help do it, and will be a bunch cheaper!

Lysmachia
05-22-2007, 08:24 PM
There is a Guy named Anthony who does them He might be a good one to contact. PM me if you want his phone number. He is a Toyota tech and has done A LOT of peeps gears on here...

Prodigy
05-23-2007, 07:43 AM
All Phase has not done anywork for me YET... However I have talked to David over there and he is a stand-up guy who returns phone calls with the information I asked for. They will be doing my gears and lockers when I get the time to trailer my truck down there and leave it for a few days.