: monthly meeting ?

ROCKWIESER
04-20-2007, 10:21 AM
In the past we have just had meeting when ever.
I would like to get everyone's opinion of when the best time every month would be to have out meetings.

I would like it to be the last week of the month. Just let me know what day is best and we can give everyone a more advanced notice.

Marcopolo
04-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Wednesdays are good for me

travisheals
04-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Wednesdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedemon55
04-20-2007, 08:16 PM
i don't give a shit as long as i can plan for it

'02 TACO HOLMES
04-20-2007, 11:09 PM
:cool: Last Saturday works........:xbeer3: :xbeer1:

Bear80
04-21-2007, 06:03 AM
I just think during the week is better since guys make plans for friday and the weekend. I think weekend meetings would be good if we made them more of an "event" that just a meeting. Weekday evenings are better for a short, about hour, two hour long meet/greet. I say make it like a minor wrench party/cook out at willing member's place. I'd be more than open to have it at mine more than once. I just think it needs to be more apealing for a weekend than just a set down chit chat.

With that said, also I think Hooters is OK but a better place could be selected. I like Hooters but I think others may be less inclined to come. I'd like privately owned places to host us, helps them out and in my experience a very friendly environment. But you guys can write me off and I'll still come to Hooters any day of the week.

TEJASYOTA
04-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Any day is good or bad with me. With the amount of traveling I do and driving events with my car club, I do not mind what day we hold our meetings.

As for Hooters, I sort of have to agree with Bear80, we might be isolating some of our other members. Maybe as a suggestion, we alternate ever other month at Hooters and then Longhorn Cafe off Blanco. You might want to add that to the poll too.

speedemon55
04-21-2007, 11:11 AM
or even the longhorn cafe on pat booker that just opened. make the drive easier for our austin peeps.

'02 TACO HOLMES
04-21-2007, 05:58 PM
A choice of different places is right. I like the idea about cookingout. I am coming from the other side of Austin so it would be a 4 hour trip for me. I am open to just about anything. Meeting at a lake or park would be good for those of us with kids.

Reaper
04-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't mind trying to make a meeting one of these days. Get back into the local TTORA scene. Fridays are best for me. Or Mon or Thur nights. Prefer Friday as I am working Mon and Thur mornings starting at 3am :(

Reaper
04-22-2007, 05:48 PM
I just think during the week is better since guys make plans for friday and the weekend. I think weekend meetings would be good if we made them more of an "event" that just a meeting. Weekday evenings are better for a short, about hour, two hour long meet/greet. I say make it like a minor wrench party/cook out at willing member's place. I'd be more than open to have it at mine more than once. I just think it needs to be more apealing for a weekend than just a set down chit chat.

Sounds good to me. Looks like we got a few peps in the Austin/SA area to have a good get together and cook/wrench. I know I got some repairs to make to my Taco. I am willing to host too. Got a house on a culdsac and a grill ;) Who's up for some good grub and wrench twistin ?? Fri anytime and Sat untill about 6pm I am free to host...

ROCKWIESER
04-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Sounds good to me. Looks like we got a few peps in the Austin/SA area to have a good get together and cook/wrench. I know I got some repairs to make to my Taco. I am willing to host too. Got a house on a culdsac and a grill ;) Who's up for some good grub and wrench twistin ?? Fri anytime and Sat untill about 6pm I am free to host...

I'm down for friday saturday...let us know.

I'm down reaper if you need some help I'll be 0ff of work from thursday-sunday. so just give me an address and I'll be there.

Bear80
04-23-2007, 11:11 AM
or even the longhorn cafe on pat booker that just opened. make the drive easier for our austin peeps.

I think that would make a great place for a weekday meeting. Haven't been to that one yet but I like the one on Blanco. Plus they seem to have a good open parking area. Might even let us drink beer in the parking lot like the Dallas guys. :rolleyes:

A choice of different places is right. I like the idea about cookingout. I am coming from the other side of Austin so it would be a 4 hour trip for me. I am open to just about anything. Meeting at a lake or park would be good for those of us with kids.

I think if we agree to this, a good compromise would be to switch every other month. One month the meeting is during the week at say a place like Long Horn, then next month it's a "cook out" on a saturday either at a members place or a good park. This way we don't exclude to many guys from meeting up.

I'm down for friday saturday...let us know.

I'm down reaper if you need some help I'll be 0ff of work from thursday-sunday. so just give me an address and I'll be there.

We talking THIS weekend?? Damn I'm still away and really would like to meet up. Also either way this is decided, I've been thinking of having a "cook out" for the TTORA and losely organized Landcruiser guys at my place before it gets to hot.

Reaper
04-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Well I wasn't specifically talking about this weekend but I am game if you guys want to get together Friday sometime. I will be home. I can probably find a couple of CVs we could install ;)

The weekend of the 4th/5th I will be out of town. The weekend after that is open tho, the 11th is good...

If any of those days work let me know...

ROCKWIESER
04-24-2007, 11:25 AM
let me know reaper and give me a call:

adam 210-710-2046

Reaper
04-24-2007, 03:34 PM
let me know reaper and give me a call:

adam 210-710-2046

Tried to call ya, no answer...

Let's shoot for the 11th of May. I think this Friday I am going to paint the baby's room. Wife has been trying to get me to do it for a while now :) I'll make a post for a Wrench-a-thon/Cookout. I'll grill up some burgers and dogs, cook some french fries, got a lot of beer too ;) Left over from the wedding. You guys can help me get rid of it before it goes stale :D

Sound good ?

ROCKWIESER
04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
sounds good man I haven't been able to wrench in a while. I'll call you when I get off work at 4 if thats ok ?

Adam

ROCKWIESER
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
bump,

looks like the monthly meetings will be held on the last friday of every month.

and we will change up the locations every month.

speedemon55
04-30-2007, 05:18 PM
alright boss, so where at this month?

'02 TACO HOLMES
04-30-2007, 11:05 PM
SHow me the way, old wise one, ...:xbeer2:

Reaper
05-02-2007, 08:00 PM
bump,
looks like the monthly meetings will be held on the last friday of every month.
and we will change up the locations every month.

Sweet, my day off :) Let me know when and where. I will be there...

Laterz...

speedemon55
05-02-2007, 08:27 PM
man adam is a fucking slacker

TEJASYOTA
05-03-2007, 08:54 AM
I bet the first official monthly meet will take place on May 25.
Lets do Lonestar Cafe off Pat Booker. To see if it good for everyone. If not then we can change back to the one on Blanco.

speedemon55
05-03-2007, 12:49 PM
that's my birthday. i'm gonna need a DD. lonestar or longhorn?

TEJASYOTA
05-03-2007, 01:18 PM
that's my birthday. i'm gonna need a DD. lonestar or longhorn?

My bad, Long Horn Cafe
As for a DD. There is always a taxi :)

Reaper
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I bet the first official monthly meet will take place on May 25.
Lets do Lonestar Cafe off Pat Booker. To see if it good for everyone. If not then we can change back to the one on Blanco.

Don't matter to me. Just let me know where to go :) If it is on a Friday I am off and I will be there...

By the way, do they serve booze ??

TEJASYOTA
05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Don't matter to me. Just let me know where to go :) If it is on a Friday I am off and I will be there...

By the way, do they serve booze ??

The one on Blanco does and I have been to one other on the East side of town and they do too, so I am assuming they do so at all Long Horn Cafes.