: full coverage or liability?

99TanTaco
04-20-2007, 07:09 PM
so here's the plan I wanna buy a used 3/4 ton truck as a back up vehicle/tow rig for long distance trips. I will try to DD the taco for the most part as it will be easier on gas. As most of you know my trucks in kinda rough condition. think I should switch the coverage on it to liability only to save some money?

I can't think of anything that could happen to it (short of totalling it or the frame getting damaged) that I couldn't fix to within my high standards:rolleyes: for a few hundred bucks

any thoughts

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-21-2007, 08:49 AM
I would shitch it........if it is totaled then strip it and make it into a buggy :)

OFRD_GRL
04-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Obviously you dont owe anything on it right?
Liability :)

ugly's ok
04-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Im thinking did you switch to Liability yet

simple4runner
04-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure what book value is on your taco, but you might consider full cov with a high deductible to get the rate down. On my 06 FJ full cov w/$5000 deductible is only like 25 or 30 bucks more a half than just liability. just something to consider.

99TanTaco
04-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Im thinking did you switch to Liability yet
yep, shortly after I bought the Ford

I'm not sure what book value is on your taco, but you might consider full cov with a high deductible to get the rate down. On my 06 FJ full cov w/$5000 deductible is only like 25 or 30 bucks more a half than just liability. just something to consider.

I'm gonna keep the taco on liability but I think next time I'm up for renewal I'm gonna look into raising my deductibles on the tow rig, right now I think I only have a $250 deductable