: long overdue thank you

Bent Wheel
04-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Reading Full Tilt’s Inch Worm post reminded me I have some long overdue credit I need to post for Inch Worm.

The company bent over backwards to help me fix the TRD locker I installed on my non TRD truck back in 04. I will keep this as short as possible.
After installing the TRD rear-end I got from TAP in Sacramento and the custom harness I got from Inch Worm, I found my locker did not function. No matter what I did, no go. I thought it may be the Inch Worm harness so after the owner of Inch Worm (I don’t remember his name as I write this) tried to help me over the phone to no avail, he invited me to his shop in the foothills. After running a few tests he quickly determined that the harness was working fine and the problem was with the locker. But strangely enough the locker motor would work fine when taken apart, but as soon as we bolted it together it would not function. After spending way too much of his time to help me with what was clearly my problem and in an environment where it was clear to me he had a lot more important things to do than help me, he discovered that the motor shaft was bent, thus binding when the unit was bolted together. This guy disassembled the unit again, (I was feeling guilty) and removed the motor shaft from the locker, installed it in his lathe, and using a run-out-gage, hammer and drift, he straightened the motor shaft, ultimately fixing the locker.

So, after charging me a ridiculously small amount of money I left the shop feeling a mixture of joy and guilt.

Thank you Inch Worm and thanks anybody for reading this post!

brinner
04-25-2007, 11:24 AM
outstanding stuff!

purity
04-25-2007, 11:26 AM
good to know. i will be buying from them.

NorCalTaco
04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
yeah, jim is awsome

=ACID RAIN=
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
I might be too, so that's great to know :)

TacoDell
04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Cool... it's nice when folk go the extra mile to help...

onelastcast
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Good to know you can relie on someone. TY Jim!

SgtMunger
04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
We need more customer service minded people like that everywhere! Kudos InchWorm! :kewl:

TacoCrazy
04-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Good post, nice to know there are still good people out there. Kudos to Jim..

RaideRNatioN
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Jim is an awesome guy. I was on the phone with him constantly with my crawler install and he was more than willing to help.

Boheefus
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
what a crock...Ji, is nice and all, but he needs to put out a little easier...

speaking of teh buttsechs...who wants to go camping?