: ughhhh...

HisDudeness
04-28-2007, 12:38 AM
so i was driving home from school today (err yesterday now) at a pretty good speed behind this nissan truck (who was also going my speed, i wasn't getting on his ass or anything). apparently the dickwad never learned to use his blinker and his brake lights were out cause he got to stopping WAYYYYY quicker than i was able to (damn brembo rotors and hawk pads need to get here already). to prevent a massive rear ending, i went off the road cause there wasn't a shoulder. little did i know that there was a driveway type thing ahead that i ramped off and i probably caught about a foot of air. my tonneau cover was on damn near sideways and i lost one of the two struts for it, but i'm just glad i had tied it to the bed or who knows where it would have gone. anywho i'm assuming that if my wheels didn't fall off immediately, the truck probably is fine? there was no rubbing of the tires

at the risk of getting brutally flamed, the truck seemed to take the jump pretty well, not that i'd do any shit like that on purpose

MERCER FABRICATION
04-28-2007, 01:09 AM
any good pics?

taco29
04-28-2007, 01:19 AM
do you happen to have an in dash camera?

i was driving home from maine about three years ago and tried to drive it stait through...
i fell asleep somewhere in nebraska and went off the road doing close to 80 and dropped of this birm that was close to 10 feet....
didnt even need an alignment when i got home...
i think your truck is going to be fine.
its a tacoma, it meteor proof

HisDudeness
04-28-2007, 01:24 AM
nah, that was probably the last thing on my mind. i forgot to mention i have a cool ass dent/paint chip where the tonneau hit the cab, but it was already dented and scuffed there cause the tonneau was on cockeyed when i bought it. i mentioned that cause its about all i could get a pic of at this point unless you want to see the one strutted "lo rider" itself

whoa judging by your story i should be fine. i didn't want to admit speeds but i was probably damn near going 90 before braking so i may have been around 70 mph

surfpunk
04-28-2007, 01:49 AM
the truck seemed to take the jump pretty well, not that i'd do any shit like that on purpose

pussy :p

your trucks fine, trust me ive put my stock tacoma through a lot worse. on purpose.

PathBlazerTRD
04-28-2007, 01:52 AM
sounds like you have some good reactions and didn't faceplant into the truck in front of you. when a wreck is imminent, it's easy to sit here and say what you'd do differently...but believe me, when you're in the heat of the moment, there's no time to think. good job doing what you did and not involving another vehicle. don't ask me how i know....

HisDudeness
04-28-2007, 03:19 AM
i cant help but keep thinking about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6Na4NH7J8

i was not so worried about the truck so much as the fact that i had to go flying in the grass to avoid a wreck...that would have been fun to explain to a dps officer. id rather beat it up in a more controlled environment if i were doing so

no way i was gonna hit some pos that isnt even worth how much damage i would have done to my truck. lol

HardTaco
04-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Sounds like you're a fucking idiot who can't drive. Give the guy in front of you some room douchebag. :rolleyes:

tercel89
04-28-2007, 07:45 AM
it may need an alignment or get it checked so you wont wear your tires out if it is . Also , you may want to use the 2 second rule when following another vehicle. You need to keep as much room as you need in front of you in case the vehicle in front of you locks its wheels up because of dogs, deer, children and such , you never know when something may happen to the car in front of you , as you found out. Watch the car in front of you pass a pole, then count out "one thousand one, one thousand two,..." until you get to that pole.You should have counted 2 seconds or more. If you count less than two seconds , you are traveling too closely to the vehicle in front.

HisDudeness
04-28-2007, 12:15 PM
i dont need fuckin driving advice, you think i didn't learn from that little experience?

btw i had a large following distance, it just got eaten away between the time he started braking and i found out that i REALLY need those brakes to get here

SurfingDrunk
04-28-2007, 12:31 PM
i dont need fuckin driving advice, you think i didn't learn from that little experience?

btw i had a large following distance, it just got eaten away between the time he started braking and i found out that i REALLY need those brakes to get here
jerky, if you don't have room to stop, you are going to fast.
end of story.

HisDudeness
04-28-2007, 12:34 PM
no shit? i already fucking said i learned from it, i don't need a bunch of armchair quarterbacks telling me what i already know

SurfingDrunk
04-28-2007, 12:37 PM
no shit? i already fucking said i learned from it, i don't need a bunch of armchair quarterbacks telling me what i already know
keep up the great work, johnny.

taco29
04-28-2007, 12:52 PM
hahaha, i love how every thread ends up ike this.:flamethro

Dick Foster
04-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Then why in the world did you do something stupid like post your fucking retarded driving experience here? Lamebrain!
Maybe you need to learn a hard lesson in how to keep your stupid fucking mouth shut too.
Now get your whiney little ass off to MySpace or STFU!

=ACID RAIN=
04-28-2007, 01:44 PM
I fucking love this board. Damn.

Trucks fine, go jump another ditch :)

taco29
04-28-2007, 02:05 PM
who is complaining? it sounds like some dick.:flipoff3:

HisDudeness
04-28-2007, 02:23 PM
im not even gonna reply to dick-in-ass foster. take some blood pressure meds old man

SurfingDrunk
04-28-2007, 02:39 PM
im not even gonna reply to dick-in-ass foster. take some blood pressure meds old man
i thought you weren't going to reply, johnny.

Angry Andy
04-28-2007, 02:46 PM
i thought you weren't going to reply, johnny.

Dont confuse the kid.

And Kids....listen to The Dick.

tderose
04-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't know about Texas, but here in North Carolina, if you rear end someone at night who's tailights/break lights are not functioning properly, or not working at all, it would be considered contributory negligence. Both driver's would be found at fault, and your insurance company wouldn't have legally owed that douche a dime under NC law. Under that law, if a driver is found to be 1% at fault, he/she cannot recover for damages or bodily injury because he/she would have "contributed" to the accident. He should have made sure his truck was functioning properly prior to driving it at night, and you shouldn't have been going that fast. Just glad you're alright.

my2coma
04-28-2007, 03:47 PM
i cant help but keep thinking about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6Na4NH7J8

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tercel89
04-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Tell you what , the main thing is thats you are okay and no one got hurt.
Tell you something else, i work and investigate crashs like this dailey on my job so i am definetly no armchair quarterback.

HisDudeness
04-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Tell you what , the main thing is thats you are okay and no one got hurt.
Tell you something else, i work and investigate crashs like this dailey on my job so i am definetly no armchair quarterback.

what crash ;)

i should have expected flames, i just dont take well to criticisms. sorry to everyone for being hard headed, i know it was a bonehead move. at least nothing is fucked. except im out 20 bucks for a new tonneau strut

tercel89
04-28-2007, 04:19 PM
this crash.....
"i went off the road cause there wasn't a shoulder. little did i know that there was a driveway type thing ahead that i ramped off and i probably caught about a foot of air. my tonneau cover was on damn near sideways and i lost one of the two struts for it, but i'm just glad i had tied it to the bed or who knows where it would have gone. anywho i'm assuming that if my wheels didn't fall off immediately, the truck probably is fine? there was no rubbing of the tires"
You dont have to hit another vehicle or object to crash , which in your case you did hit the ditch/driveway and jumped up and landed hard enough to cause damage cause you said you damaged one of your tonneau struts and it got sideways . Anyhow , no harm taken and glad your fine .Our best learning experiences are from our mistakes , i have been there and done that , thats why i now drive like a grandma , hehe , i know how much and how fast car insurance can go up if you cause a crash .

HardTaco
04-29-2007, 05:16 AM

You're a dumb cunt who can't drive, end of story. Die.

HisDudeness
04-29-2007, 02:31 PM
You're a dumb cunt who can't drive, end of story. Die.

fuck you

=ACID RAIN=
04-29-2007, 02:36 PM
:lmao:

HardTaco
04-29-2007, 02:40 PM
fuck you
You are really mean, you know that? Here I am, trying to make you a better person, and you spew forth venom and hate.

I am going to say a prayer for you right now.

=ACID RAIN=
04-29-2007, 02:41 PM
You are really mean, you know that? Here I am, trying to make you a better person, and you spew forth venom and hate.

I am going to say a prayer for you right now.

I don't think he wants you to pray to satan on his behalf. I mean he might, but you know, it's not a common request.. :rofl2: