: Soft Tops by Softopper in Boulder...feedback?

WVUgeoROK
05-14-2007, 11:14 AM
I have been scouring the earth for a soft top for my 88 4R and have come up with few options. Can-back (www.can-back.com) has them but I really dont want to put out a grand for a soft top (yes, I am a tight-a$$). I have talked with the guys at Softopper (www.softopper.com) and they are scheduled (allegedly) to have one out sometime this summer. Every time I call it seems they are pushing the date back and just kind of stringing me along as to when (or if) they are going to go forward with the fabrication/release. I have done a search on them and have come up with mixed results from the National Board. Has anybody local dealt with them before...comments...or alternative suggestions?

larc68
05-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Make it yourself!!

WVUgeoROK
05-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Unlike you, my girlfriend's (fiancee's) mom doesnt sew - well she does but shes in Georgia - smartass.

Jacket
05-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Bestop (http://www.bestop.com/) is another option. They're in Broomfield, and make a few options for Yotas (I've got their softop on my Tacoma). They don't list anything for the 88 Runner, but you could check and see if they have something in the works.

larc68
05-14-2007, 01:46 PM
well when i finish mine, without the pain in the asses, i mean in-law's help, ill show you that it can be done. you need to shake the sand out and remember what skills you do have..

WVUgeoROK
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Called Bestop and they dont do 4R's - taco's only - but thanks.

Larc - just make 2 when you do yours.

larc68
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
you pay for the materials and i will. you sure you can build the frame right?

WVUgeoROK
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I'll pay for the materials. I can build the frame (smartass) - but you will have to send me a sketch of what the one that matches your top is supposed to look like.

1asyotr
07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I know this is a really old thread but I was looking for info about fixing the rear window on my 88 and found this. Anyway, long story short they're making these things now. I got the first one and it's hands down the best thing about the truck so far.:D