TTORA Forum banner

Light maint. questions

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tacomac 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Some times when i take off in the morning when the engine (01 3.4 taco) is still a little cold it hesitates just for a moment or 2 when switching gears usually from 1st to second or 2nd to 3rd. Im going to change my plugs right away. I have also read some things on here about a MAF sensor that needs cleaning sometimes and was wondering where it is. I also have a real noob question but the plugs are in a weird spot on this truck and im not used to it. I can only find 3 on the passenger side and then i can see where the wires from them run to the driver side. What are they running to on the drivers side? Where are the other 3 plugs. Sorry for the retarded questions but im no mechanic. Thanks so much for the help guys

#2 ·
The spark plugs use a "waste spark" system, two plugs share the same wire, one on each end. On the passenger side, there is a coil pack bolted directly over each spark plug, the wire takes the HT voltage to just the plug on the drivers side.

The MAF sensor is bolted into the intake tube, just back from the air-filter box. It has a very delicate wire, use electrical cleaner and don't give it a high pressure blast.

#4 ·
check the air filter, change the oil and tranny fluid, run a bottle of chevron fuel system cleaner (or seafoam the engine) and show that bitch some love. I had the tranny stickiness until i switched to redline mt-90 fluid...smooth as butta now.

#6 ·
Can i get that Chevron fuel cleaner at Canadiantire? I have the stickiness in the morning as well as the power hesitation. Im not sure if its worth me changing to mt-90 because im pondering selling my taco for a new Civic (for the gas mileage)

Quick question about civic. It uses synchromesh tranny fluid in the transmission. Could i put MT-90 into the civic if i end up purchasing one or does it have to be a type like Amsoil Synchromesh.

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I love this site.....and you guys are so helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.