: The Big Nasty Off-Road Park

Fuod
06-06-2007, 03:38 AM
The Big Nasty Off-Road Park near Stanley Indiana
Cost: $15 for 1 day, $25 for 2 days, $30 for 3 days
Passengers and Spectators are $5 each.
812-305-0321

Has anyone ever been to this park? It's kind of close to my brothers place so I thought I might check it out some weekend.

Thanks,
DC

Fuod
06-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Apparently no one has been there.

Well, if I decide to check it out sometime on the way back from my brothers place I'll let ya'll know!

Bear
06-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Apparently no one has been there.

Well, if I decide to check it out sometime on the way back from my brothers place I'll let ya'll know!
Yea! isn't that place like in Texas or something:D

sorry never been there! check it out for us and report back! we can always use more places to wheel at!

USAFMike
06-11-2007, 10:14 AM
That place is a freakin mud hole. That is what most of it is. I personally have never been there but I've been told its just a big mud hole.

Fuod
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
That place is a freakin mud hole. That is what most of it is. I personally have never been there but I've been told its just a big mud hole.

Hmm, doesn't sound like to much fun for me. I'm not real into mud.

Thanks for the info!

Grant
06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Last I heard it's closed down.

Driver12518
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
My guess is you are thinking of the Lions Club or w/e. It was around the same area but was shut down due to an accident someone had there that sued. As far as I know this place is still open, but if you've heard that it isn't within tha past 6 months I would have to stand down on this one. The area around The Big Nasty is some great looking terf, but from what I remember of the actual "TBN" land it is just a mud hole. I'm pretty sure that on their website when they were just opening they had a video of their grounds and it was nothing but people roosting through ponds of mud.

Fuod
06-14-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that on their website when they were just opening they had a video of their grounds and it was nothing but people roosting through ponds of mud.

Once again, definately sounds like something I'm not into. I dont mind mud, but there is a limit.

Driver, I notice we are missing some of your info on the members page (http://www.inttora.org/members.htm). :confused: Any chance you can update us? Either PM myself or Bear.

We just want to make sure we are as up to date as we can be with our member info. :)

BTW, my Brother lives in Evansville. Not that matters or anything, just thought I'd let you know.

Grant
06-15-2007, 05:43 AM
Another member from Evansville, I can't believe it. I belong to a atv group that is helping to get a place called spurgeon aka Interlake open and they said big nasty got closed down. Can't wait till spring of 08 interlake is supost to open http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/interlake/index.htm The toys for tots ride last November at Iterlake was great.

daniel240
02-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Another member from Evansville, I can't believe it. I belong to a atv group that is helping to get a place called spurgeon aka Interlake open and they said big nasty got closed down. Can't wait till spring of 08 interlake is supost to open http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/interlake/index.htm The toys for tots ride last November at Iterlake was great.

Have you heard anything recently about when they are opening Interlake? I used to off road there a few years ago before it was bought out. It was an awesome place to go. We used to go there almost every weekend. The Big Nasty is not the old Lions Club at the Lynnville exit off 64. The Big Nasty is just west of there in Stanley. It is closed down now but you can still go there. I was there a few weeks ago. We used to off road there as well before they opened the park up. Its not a very big place but its fun. There is also a place closer to elberfeld that we go to a lot. It is also close to the old Big Nasty. Let me know if you want to go there sometime. I know these areas pretty well.