: Fj 6/23

tufftoy
06-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks Sean for a fun run. Mike, Eric, and Carlos it was great wheelin with ya. Now for the next round of mods. One day ill walk the firehole without a winch. Ill post pict link later. Hope all that went to UA got some.

Spinnas
06-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks Sean for a fun run. Mike, Eric, and Carlos it was great wheelin with ya. Now for the next round of mods. One day ill walk the firehole without a winch. Ill post pict link later. Hope all that went to UA got some.

Where's the pics! Anyone get pics? And hell yeah, someone that tried the firehole. What's the specs on your rig, or a pic(after the firehole preferrably!) I have a bone to pic with that punk on the next trip there! Yo Eric, didn't make it as I thought.

Sean K.
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks everyone for coming! We had a really nice time....definitely different at night though. I haven't been on a night run in quite a while and I'd forgotten how much more difficult it is to not only spot but to really talk to very many folks (especially when there are 11 vehicles in the group). Seemed like everytime I wanted to watch Mike, Eric or Carlos go over an obstacle, I had to move up and missed everything. What little I did see.....I was really impressed. You guys are very good drivers and your vehicles work great. I hope you guys don't mind me picking your brains for my 4Runner build up and I hope you guys don't mind if I tag along on some future runs.

Again, thanks for coming along. Had a great time and hoping to do it again.

Take care,
Sean

TBob
06-24-2007, 03:33 PM
did u try it again>? if so same results? I think the only way your gona make that one is to use the aproach as a ramp :D

Heatstroke
06-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Holy crap I'm tired. Didn't get home til 4:30 in the morning. 3.5 hours to run UW makes for a long night.

Props to tufftoy (Miller Jr) for having the nads to try firehole in an older, ifs, on 32's (i think) and only having to be drug over cause of a lack of clearance. I'm certain your clutch will never forgive you. Also, props to the 2 guys wheeling their new FJ cruisers. It is definately not the norm, and very nice to see the new stuff out on the trails. Blue FJ, Doc, made nice nice with a scorpion hitching a ride. I guess he didn't care for docs driving style much and gave him a nice wake up call (sting) in the arm, hope the arm feels better. Jeep guys, good wheeling with you too, always willing to lend a helping hand when it was needed. Sean, fun run, good meeting you. Maybe next time it'll be a smaller group.

As for UA. We ran about 1/10 of the trail starting just after midnight. The white jeep got hung up pretty good trying to take on a rather large boulder. Over an hour later and with a new front drive shaft on, we decided to cut our losses and turn tail. Some how some way, Faux got hung up on the way out. The carnage added up for him, I know of one fender toasted, a bigger dent added to the cab, and a possibly grenaded front locker once again. We arrived back at 79 & CWC Rd a little after 3 am..

All in all, a fun night, just really long and tiresome.

Oh, and Miller. I sought and obtained revenge on Firehole.

Spinnas
06-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Nice Mike. I have yet to exact my revenge. Maybe you'll be there to see the mayhem. WTF Eric, you break more shit? TUBE THAT BITCH!

Sean K.
06-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Holy crap I'm tired. Didn't get home til 4:30 in the morning. 3.5 hours to run UW makes for a long night.

Props to tufftoy (Miller Jr) for having the nads to try firehole in an older, ifs, on 32's (i think) and only having to be drug over cause of a lack of clearance. I'm certain your clutch will never forgive you. Also, props to the 2 guys wheeling their new FJ cruisers. It is definately not the norm, and very nice to see the new stuff out on the trails. Blue FJ, Doc, made nice nice with a scorpion hitching a ride. I guess he didn't care for docs driving style much and gave him a nice wake up call (sting) in the arm, hope the arm feels better. Jeep guys, good wheeling with you too, always willing to lend a helping hand when it was needed. Sean, fun run, good meeting you. Maybe next time it'll be a smaller group.

As for UA. We ran about 1/10 of the trail starting just after midnight. The white jeep got hung up pretty good trying to take on a rather large boulder. Over an hour later and with a new front drive shaft on, we decided to cut our losses and turn tail. Some how some way, Faux got hung up on the way out. The carnage added up for him, I know of one fender toasted, a bigger dent added to the cab, and a possibly grenaded front locker once again. We arrived back at 79 & CWC Rd a little after 3 am..

All in all, a fun night, just really long and tiresome.

Mike,
Wow, that sucks. At least Kyle had a spare shaft. Was it this rock by chance?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/blt4rox/100_0562.jpg

Lots of guys slip off this one.....just wondering. I'm assuming you guys didn't make it to the first waterfall if you only got through the first 1/10 of the trail.

Eric, sorry to hear about the carnage. I know you said you didn't want to get the cab....hope it's not too bad. What locker are you running up front?

Glad I finally got to meet you guys. Those Toys are SICK!

Take care,
Sean

Heatstroke
06-24-2007, 03:59 PM
It was actually the slightly smaller one just behind that one you are showing. I think he was trying to have a tire on each and go up and over. He did a pretty good wheelstand, it spun driver, and came to rest on the smaller boulder. He was wedged with the front dif on one side and his transfer skid on the other side and could only spin him self left and right. We hooked a winch to him to keep him from flopping. We highlifted him to clear the skid, which then took out the drive shaft. Once he got that removed. He was drug off the boulder and the replacement was put on. The wheel stand was crazy huge and he let out of it at just the right time.

Spinnas
06-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Kyle was gettin' some, NICE! Too bad you(Mike) missed his gettin' some last weekend on Predator and come over a fall front end completely off the ground!

Sean K.
06-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Gotcha Mike. Ya, I know the spot you're talking about now. He's a pretty damn good driver....good thing he knew when to let off of it.

Glad you guys made it home okay.

Sean

MerMan
06-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Didn't get home til 4:30 in the morning. 3.5 hours to run UW makes for a long night.

sounds like you guys had a good time. I guess Eric got some allright:eek:

tufftoy
06-25-2007, 01:34 AM
Here is the link to my photos from the trip
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/rssimm/Upper%20Woodpecker/
Thanks all for the help fun and advice. i look froward to going out again

Sean K.
06-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the pics Steve.

Hey Eric,
What was the website where you said you got your front clip and hood? Also, did you get the headlights from Toyota or does that site also sell the headlights/markers? Oh, and is the wiring just plug and play or did you also need to buy the wiring to the 02-04 lights?

Thanks,
Sean

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Maybe we should have called it a night after UWP!!! :eek: :o

Good times were had, getting some happened and so did a little carnage!

UAJ wasn't feeling us!........I think we angered the scorpion gods or something (damn things were everywhere out there) I proceeded to bash my extra cab into a large rock on the gatekeeper section, then Kyle had his little problem. After Kyle got back on all fours we decided to call it a night as it was getting pretty late........no big deal right???
I drove up to the squeeze rock and turned around and started down the bypass. Carlos was in front of me pushing a rather large rock around with his dif but managed to get through fine once it found a new relocated home. I decided to try to run it over so I didn't suffer the same fate, only it decided that it was going to roll over and pushed the front end into a rather large hole and landed me right smack on top of a nice sized boulder that hung me up on my link crossmember and prevented me from going forward or back. I tried to winch myself off and broke my rope (again) so Carlos turned around and tried winching me forward (not happening). He then drove around and tried winching me backward which worked until the truck slipped back into the hole and shattered my fender and pinned my passenger front tire........I was able to drive forward enough to have Carlos winch me back again and I was out of the hole (finally).......so to add insult to injury, on the way out I noticed what sounded distinctly like another broken crosspin in the front locker (probably happened when we were trying to winch me out of the hole when the tire was pinned, or maybe durring one of my full throttle assults tring to free myself)..........so anyway.......it turned out to be a pretty crappy night for me! :o

Looks like I'm back on Jackstand Alley for a while! :mad:

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the pics Steve.

Hey Eric,
What was the website where you said you got your front clip and hood? Also, did you get the headlights from Toyota or does that site also sell the headlights/markers? Oh, and is the wiring just plug and play or did you also need to buy the wiring to the 02-04 lights?

Thanks,
Sean

Hood and fenders came from Glassworks........the grill, headlights and proper hood latch came from www.parts-train.com.

.........the lights will work with any model year from '98 to '04 on the Tacos..........should work on '96 and up 4Runners (my '96 has the seperate bulb and housing) You'll need to modify the core support a little for the headlights and grill but it's really not that big of a deal. You'll need to make a new hole or two to get the grill mounted and enlarge the slot the stock headlights slip into to accept the newer style lights.

Spinnas
06-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Time to get an unobtainium alloy crosspin. I bought one for my old 12 bolt and it was only like $15 for the best one they have. Call Randy's and see.

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Time to get an unobtainium alloy crosspin. I bought one for my old 12 bolt and it was only like $15 for the best one they have. Call Randy's and see.

I think I'm going to explore some other options..........money and time permitting. I'm going to pull the hubs and see if I got lucky and that's all it is, but I'm 99% certain I blew the locker again........if I did, you'll see the whole axle for sale soon! :rolleyes:

Spinnas
06-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Well, you wouldn't have broke the locker again, just the locker enclosure(carrier+crosspin):D

I don't think you can blame this on the part. I'd blame it on your nightime driving skillz brah!

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Well, you wouldn't have broke the locker again, just the locker enclosure(carrier+crosspin):D

I don't think you can blame this on the part. I'd blame it on your nightime driving skillz brah!

:neener: :xpfft: :flipoff3: :flipoff1:

I just need to build something that can withstand the awesome power of the mighty 2.7!!!! :D

TBob
06-25-2007, 12:13 PM
:worthless

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
:worthless

:explode:

ToyBoxAuto
06-25-2007, 12:48 PM
It was a fun night, slept most of Sunday away though.

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the assistance Saturday night Carlos! :o

TBob
06-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Carlos next time give Eric a few driving pointers.

It was a fun night, slept most of Sunday away though.

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey Carlos next time give Eric a few driving pointers.

I think maybe he should just learn how to relocate rocks with his dif better! :flipoff4:

Sean K.
06-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the info. Eric. Is your locker a lockright? Just curious.

Again, I appreciate the help.

Sean

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the info. Eric. Is your locker a lockright? Just curious.

Again, I appreciate the help.

Sean

Aussie Locker (pretty much the same as a lockright)

tufftoy
06-25-2007, 02:58 PM
hey bob there is this thing called a link. you click it and it takes you to a wonderfull land of pictures:D

ToyBoxAuto
06-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the assistance Saturday night Carlos! :o

No problem, you've pulled me a couple of times. We need to go back and run UA at night sometime now. Do that first and then something harder after.

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 03:22 PM
...We need to go back and run UA at night sometime now. Do that first and then something harder after.

Definately!!! :D

Spinnas
06-25-2007, 03:26 PM
No problem, you've pulled me a couple of times. We need to go back and run UA at night sometime now. Do that first and then something harder after.

Sounds dangerous. I like it!

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Late night follow the leader!!! :D

Spinnas
06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Late night follow the leader!!! :D

Like Elvis at AZRocks.....only better!!!

FAUX X 4
06-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Like Elvis at AZRocks.....only better!!!

EXACTLY!!! :D